21 votesAnonymous shared this idea ·
We are renaming this post to focus on “Import and export of contacts” in Outlook. For MBOX and PST formats, please vote for separate posts.
An error occurred while saving the commentAnonymous commented
I just spent half the day struggling with this and found a round-about way to transfer your contacts...
For importing .csv files to your Outlook Mac, Please follow the steps below.
1. Open your System Contact App by going to File > applications > contact (i.e. your Apple/Mac contacts application)
2. Create a new group just to not mix the csv contacts with your computer's contact
3. On the contact app, Click Import and import the csv file (if your contacts are in an Excel spreadsheet, "save as" csv file type.
4. On your desktop, Create a new folder where you will save the file from the contact app
5. From contact app, select all contacts you need to import (Command A on a Mac will select all) and drag it to the folder you created on your desktop
6. Open your Outlook Mac and go to People Tab ( the two people icon on the lower left corner of the app)
7. Drag the vcf file from the folder you created on top of the list/folder where you want the contacts to appear in Outlook
8. Wait for few minutes and verify if all details are transferred.