161 votes27 comments · Outlook for Windows (Desktop application) » Mail · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
An error occurred while saving the commentAaron Partington commented
MS has rendered the reading pane totally useless with the mandatory inclusion of fixed HUGE font display of information that is totally redundant to what is already displayed in the main email list view.
- add the capability to hide the subject, sender, recipient, reply, reply all, forward, ellipses (...) box and timestamp information - again - it is all totally redundant and takes up WAAAAAAY too much space.
- At the very least:
* Make the reading pane font size match the email list view font size
* Get rid of all the whitespace
* Shrink the reply, reply all and forward butt on icons to 1/4 their current size and put the text for each into tool-tip text
- MOST importantly - ensure that your UX/UI architects' opinions about layout, esthetics and whatever feng shui considerations they are incorporating into their decision making process are subordinate to Product Owner stakeholders who ACTUALLY use email in their daily functions. No one benefits from the current fixed, wasteful reading pane layout.Aaron Partington supported this idea ·