OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Sync limit

The new Outlook client seems to be limited to syncing six months of email. I can't find the sync limit anywhere. I keep switching between the two Outlook clients depending what I am searching for.

179 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My Computer Contacts

In current Outlook, my contacts are in the My Computer folder. New outlook does not display them.

How can you design a "New" Outlook that doesn't have same functionality of the Old Outlook.

And when the Old Outlook is no longer an option, how do I get my contacts?

Bad design.

94 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  12 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Addin support when composing a mail in a new window

When composing a mail in a new window (and not in the reading pane) the AddIn toolbar is not displayed. It could be very useful to have it.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. resend

Ooops - did we lose the 'Resend' option for sent messages?

362 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  46 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add the ability to recall an email as is possible with Office for Windows client

When sending an incorrect email add the ability to recall that email from all recipients as is possible with Office for Windows client.

359 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  21 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable reply and forward for emails sent as attachments (.eml files).

Enable reply and forward buttons for emails sent as attachments. At the moment if someone forward's me an attachment as a .eml file I can only preview it. The Reply and Forward buttons are disabled. The feature is available on Windows and the browser.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back Notes to Outlook

The new idea of loading Notes in a web browser rather than the Outlook app is TERRIBLE. It also means that if I don't have a web connection I can't access the Notes. Please bring back Notes to the Outlook app.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Vertical Scrolling for Calendar Navigation

Enable vertical scrolling to navigate through the Calendar through weeks, months and years instead of having to click the left and right arrow at the top of the screen to incrementally move one month at a time.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add ability to categorize calendar items within the meeting window

Outlook for Mac gives ability to custom categorize calendar items by color. This helps me quickly scan my day/week view. However, this function can only be accessed after the event has been created by right-clicking the calendar item and scrolling down to "Categorize". Please review and add! Thank you!!

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow import and export of PST files

Add support for importing and exporting PST files to the new Outlook for Mac so that it's easy to move data to/from PCs.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring back the checkmark option when flagging an email.

The checkmark is important. It gives me some small joy and semblance of accomplishment. Without the checkmark my inbox is just a continuously growing list of questions, tasks and requests that will never appear to be completed. It will just continue to grow and grow and grow. It's the thing of nightmares and panic attacks. Please, let me have my little checkmark.

234 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  22 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom Category Colors

I would like the ability to create custom Category colors (this used to be an option) instead of being confined to the set 20. I would also like the ability for these custom colors to sync to my account and across all of my devices. I rely on color-coding categories to be able to tell at a glance what topic my calendar meetings are for and I either run out of colors or would prefer a custom one. Thanks!

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Match the window size to screen.

When the Agenda/ My Day tab is open, replying to an email somehow forces the window to expand past the edge of the screen and there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust this in the settings.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. feature to "show all messages from this conversation" is not there anymore

feature to "show all messages from this conversation" is not there anymore

319 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add/remove/rearrange columns in People and sort by column header

Right now you cannot add, remove or rearrange columns in People section, and they are automatically pre-grouped in Name (instead of First/Last Name) and Title and Company (instead of 2 separate Columns).
    I also cannot sort/search by Category, Title or any other field in the Contact.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Connection status

In Outlook, could you pls bring back Connection Status either in status bar or another property in Customize toolbar whether this connection is Online/ Offline. It is hard to see in first sight if there is any network challenge.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Junk block sender

Junk Mail/Block Sender

Using a MAC:

The function that allows to block senders is no longer available. I've also been receiving an abundant amount of SPAM lately since switching over to the "new look".

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show the total number of emails (read and unread) at the bottom of the page in the New Outlook.

Show the total number of emails (read and unread) at the bottom of the page in the New Outlook. That view is missing but it is really useful

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make the Scheduling Assistant available for all meetings, not just ones with large number of attendees

I want the option to look at every attendee's calendar availability myself and select a time. Right now I only get this option if I have a meeting with a large number of attendees and/or and the system can't find a time that works itself. Let us access Scheduling Assistant whenever we want.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Online Archive Access in Outlook for Mac

There doesn't appear to be any access to the Online Archive area using the new Mail client. This will be a problem for me and my users that make use of this storage area.

291 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  24 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base