OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make Conversations from Other Folders Appear

There's a bug where only sometimes the emails from the same thread appear in the dropdown. It disappears when the emails are moved around from folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. few items: I cannot extend the width of the columns. I cannot turn off the 1 line email preview (the option is greyed out in the menu).

few items: I cannot extend the width of the columns. I cannot turn off the 1 line email preview (the option is greyed out in the menu).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Re: new email window – toolbar customization & refinements

Would love to be able to customize the toolbar in the New Email window, and/or make collapsible sections as an option. Additionally, some currently available tool buttons and labeling could you some refinements. A few thoughts:

1. When the new email window is smaller, the toolbar is cropped from the right side.

2. Many of the tools that take up a lot of toolbar real estate have commonly known key commands (say copy, paste, bold, italic), and it would be nice to hide them.

3. Add-ins themselves are always cropped when the window is a smaller size, since they're historically placed way over…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. To-Do in Sidebar

It would be great to have ToDo interface in the app on the sidebar, so that I can see all my categories and flagged mail and add things to My Day.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add the Sweep feature from the web app

Sweep let's you quickly set up rules and filter emails into folders. It is the only way I can deal with a large volume of emails. Please bring it to the desktop app!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show and browse declined events

It would be so convenient to allow visibility of or browse declined or old email invites.

As a user, it gives me the ability look back to what I had done previously. I can get access to related attachments, list of attendees, details in the meeting invite, and change my invite status if I become available.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. progress bar

A progress bar when checking for or sending mails would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a "Now" line to the Agenda View

When in the Mail view, the calendar Agenda View list doesn't give any indicator of what's coming up next. If you have 20 items in the day, opening the page or clicking the Today button scrolls to the top of the day instead of showing what time it is and what's coming up next. The Day View has the indicator, but that should be carried over to the Agenda view as well as bringing that line to the top of the list.

There is a preference to hide past items, but this line should appear when showing all agenda items.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't change the date of an event when turning off the "All day" switch

When you create an event with "All day" turned on, and then you later edit it and turn "All day" off, it changes the date of the event to the current date. I almost completely misplaced a really important event because I didn't notice it did this and it's not logical (don't believe it ever did this in the past). When hitting that switch to turn "All day" off for an event, it should keep the date of the event the same.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New Outlook is cool but All inbox and priority mails are still important and needs to come back.

New Outlook is cool but All inbox and priority mails are still important and needs to come back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Tasks on/in Calendar

I'd like to be able to place Tasks on specific days/times on my calendar. It would really be a merger of an Appointment and a Task. As an MVP, it would need to display like a Calendar item but also have the functionality of a Task. It would need to also disappear from the Calendar when the Task is complete. Few productivity apps offer this and none do it well. There are a few other ideas for tasks as events or other functionality for

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. search with wildcard in query

As a consumer I'd like to be able to search using a wildcard in my query such as 'from:*@microsoft.com' and have search return all mails that are from an email address with that domain name.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When setting a due date, a calendar should pop up

When flagging a message and setting a due date, a calendar should pop up. We need to see what date, say, next Friday is, without having to count the days left to the due date first.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Customize the Touch Bar

With the new Outlook for Mac starting new and waiting to be more like a native Mac application I would suggest allowing users to customize the Touch Bar options. Right now there are missing functions for the Touch Bar and the old version of Outlook for Mac did not allow for customization. It would be good to allow us to customize what functions we would like to have on the Touch Bar.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add option to remove email date groups in inbox

I keep a pretty clean inbox, and while I like the overall design of thew new Outlook's Inbox area a lot of screen space is wasted to these "This week", "Last week", etc" identifiers that are just not needed.

Please let me turn them off, like you could in old Outlook (via unchecking "Show in Groups" setting).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bring the aesthetics of Outlook for mac to windows PC too as the design is beautiful

Bring the aesthetics of Outlook for mac to windows PC too as the design is beautiful

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug: Each upgrade of Outlook using Google two-factor auth is requiring me to recreate a new application password

Each weekly update is disabling my GMail access using two-factor authentication using the application password option. I have to go back into Google and create a new password. Works fine in Windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories