OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Where is Network indicator?

New look for Outlook is nice, but I miss Network indicator, (I.e. user connected). Is there a chance I could get icon showing I am connected

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deleted Items Message Count

The Deleted Items folder no longer shows a count next to it like it used to. That visual reminder that something was in Deleted Items was helpful in the past to make sure I periodically empty my Deleted Items folder. Without that visual reminder, I sometimes go days or a week now without remembering there is anything in there and forget to empty it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When clicking 'To Do/Tasks' in the Outlook sidebar, it should open the Microsoft To-Do app instead of opening Microsoft To-Do in a browser

When clicking 'To Do/Tasks' in the Outlook sidebar, it should open the Microsoft To-Do app instead of opening Microsoft To-Do in a browser.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug on Outlook 16.42

There is a bug in the outlook version 16.42 on Mac where even when all emails are read, it shows x email count as unread

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Need more options on small meeting window on calendar

When adding meetings to calendar you get a small version of a meeting page, but there are limited options available. Please add more ribbon options to small window for categories, making the meeting private or not, and add option to view a preview pane to the right of attendees schedules, allow options on the small window instead of having to expand window to see options available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option to NOT Delete Meeting Requests from Inbox after response sent

When responding to a meeting request from my inbox, once I reply, the meeting request is deleted and I have to drag it back to my inbox to keep it. Only the Mac version of Outlook does it and doesn't have an option to NOT delete the meeting requests after responding. Please add the option for those of us who want to keep the meeting requests in our inbox until after the meeting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. link tasks to onenote and viceversa

link tasks to onenote and viceversa

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Implement web's reading pane

Outlook for Web condenses the conversation nicely; expanding only the most recent message and giving a preview of the others. You can then expand each previous message separately if you need more context.

I LOVE the Outlook web app and want it as a native macOS app.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Access folders with the left sidebar collapsed

I like having the left sidebar collapsed as it reduces wasted screen real estate. However, I occasionally need to access other folders like Sent, Archived, etc which means I have to collapse and expand this sidebar every time to see those items. It would be great to have another method of switching folders while keeping this sidebar collapsed.

Note: this should also apply to calendars, people, notes, and tasks.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unified inbox as default launching view

We know that the unified inbox is coming back but it's really important that we can set it as the default view when Outlook in launching.

This feature is really simple but very important. It was missing from the last Outlook on Mac.

Please. Add it.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unify the email file types between Mac and PC. i.e. use .OTF on Mac instead of .EML

Unify the email file types between Mac and PC. i.e. use .OTF on Mac instead of .EML. If I create an email template I need to use a virtual machine and run Outlook PC to create an .oft. Why can't I save a .oft on Mac?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include the "View Reply" button in the new outlook when looking at a thread.

This is present on the old version and makes it easy to see what your response was. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I suggest the ability to choose which columns are displayed in email views

I'd like to choose which columns are displayed in the email view, like in the current version. My use case is, I have a folder where I keep all my sent items by year. Eg., "2020 Sent Items". In this folders view I don't want it to display the "From" but the "To". (I know it is from me, I sent everything in this folder. :-)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove the Bottom Grey Bar on MacOS Fullscreen

The bottom grey bar on the bottom of the Mac fullscreen view serves no purpose and takes up valuable screen real estate with an ugly eyesore.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Conversation threading should be a per-folder setting

Conversation threading should be a per-folder setting, so, for example, my Inbox could have it on and my Sent Mail could have it off.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Optimize speed of moving e-mails in bulk to other folders

I noticed that the Windows version of Outlook is much faster at moving e-mails in bulk between folders. Just wanting the same performance with macOS. Otherwise, I love the changes so far!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable snooze to any mail, including the sent emails

Today is not possible to snooze an email that was sent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make more intuitive how to open event details from within the event preview.

I often preview an event by clicking once, then want to see the event details.

I look around for a button to open event details, but there is none. It's awkward to then have to look for the block on the calendar and double click that.

Apparently I can open event details from the preview - I just need to look in the upper-right corner and "full-screen" the event. :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. O365 vs outlook

Its merely a question rather than suggestion. Looks like new outllook view doesn't support AppleScript, Is there any alternative like some sort of API which can be used to bring the calendar events ? And Does Microsoft recommends O365 over outlook in terms of getting the calendar events ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories