OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Upgrade Searching for Contacts in the compose To: Field (Search the domain for contacts)

If I type "support" in the To: field, I get a contact suggestion for "support@microsoft.com"

I want to be able to type "microsoft" and get this suggestion as well. (As every other client I have ever tested already supports this...)

Throw in native integration with mac's contacts as well for extra credit.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Imported Calendar Categories

When adding or importing a shared calendar, the categories of those calendar (and their colors) do not show up on "New Outlook". It shows otherwise when switching off "New Outlook" and restarting the app. The categories also show up fine online.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow me to resize My Day to be narrower (meaning smaller/no margins)

My Day is useful but takes up too much space away from the reading pane and message list. Please allow me to resize My Day so that its left and right margins are tiny or non-existent. Currently the mandatory large margins take up about 4% of the total horizontal real estate of Outlook, and 22% of My Day. Instead of paying a 4% real estate tax on empty space, I'd prefer to make my reading pane 7%-10% wider which would mean less scrolling and improved productivity.

It's OK if the default margins are big like today, but if I opt…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make new outlook experience available to non-365 users

Some of us use Office 2019 provided by our employers, but are not currently on Office 365. Would like to be able to test new features and provide feedback.. even with Fast Insider channel, the updates for the new experience are not available.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Let me hide the Delete button when hovering on messages

To prevent accidental message deletions, allow me to remove the Delete button that appears when hovering on messages in Inbox.

Ideally, I could customize which buttons appear when hovering using a dialog similar to the toolbar customization dialog.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Move the Flag icon slightly to the left.

When viewing the Flagged email list, scrolling causes the scroll bar to appear and overlap the Flag icon making it easy to inadvertently click the scroll bar (causing you to scroll half way down the list) when you meant to Flag or Unflag an email.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Attachments-permissions

Attachments, when saved to common user-facing folders (Downloads, Desktop, etc.), should have their permissions set to read and write (similar to current stable version of Outlook and most other email clients). Currently in "New" Outlook, when attachments are saved, saved, they have read-only permissions.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dual monitor support for Email Address dropdown

When I'm using more than one monitor and authoring a new email on the second monitor, the dropdown menu for quickly adding recently used email addresses (in the "To:" field) needs to display on the second monitor, as opposed to the primary monitor.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need more customization of column widths

Right now all the panes are quite large. Right now I pretty much have to use Outlook full screen if I want to get the folder list, message list, message body, and My Day all on the screen without having to do a ton of scrolling left and right on the message. Not sure if this should be fixed with the ability to change the font size in the folder list, auto-resize the calendar widget as we shrink the column size, a combination of those, something.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Junk Email Reading Pane

Option to make it permanent. Why does it go away?
    It's a pain to have to enable this every time I want to look at junk messages. Should behave as the other folders.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automate My Day View

Love the new MyDay but would be even better if in Day View an empty day auto closed the panel and visa-versa.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export email as pdf: filename should automatically be subject-title of that email

Automatically name an email which is printed as pdf-file as the subject title of that email

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Move key action buttons (SEND, EDIT MEETING, CANCEL, ...) to the top of the windows

The key actions in views (like Reply to email, View meeting / event) like SEND, DISCARD, EDIT, CANCEL, ...) are placed at the bottom of the windows, not in the toolbar at the top.

This might be good for a mobile app (closer to your thumbs), but in a desktop app:

• They get lost: especially if you're replying to a "busy" HTML email with lots of images and colour, the buttons at the bottom can visually blend into the body of the email and be lost

• They're not where your mouse is: typically you're adding a reply to the top…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Impossible to drag-to-copy between two calendars (use to work in classic)

Can't drag to copy between two calendars anymore.
    Used to work in classic outlook.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 'No conversation selected' by default when opening Inbox

Every time Outlook is launched or you return to the Mail window, no conversation is selected. Would leave it as in prior versions such that the most recent conversation is selected by default.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bring TouchBar Controls to the compact email composer

Loving the new compact view for composing emails but would love to have the TouchBar controls like in the bigger view.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. auto hide/show sidebar

I would like to be able to auto-hide/show the sidebar with the folder tree by hovering the cursor over it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base