OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Allow me to resize My Day to be narrower (meaning smaller/no margins)

My Day is useful but takes up too much space away from the reading pane and message list. Please allow me to resize My Day so that its left and right margins are tiny or non-existent. Currently the mandatory large margins take up about 4% of the total horizontal real estate of Outlook, and 22% of My Day. Instead of paying a 4% real estate tax on empty space, I'd prefer to make my reading pane 7%-10% wider which would mean less scrolling and improved productivity.

It's OK if the default margins are big like today, but if I opt…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Embedded Outlook Messages (.msg files) to be opened in Outlook for Mac.

Allow Embedded Outlook Messages (.msg files) to be opened in Outlook for Mac. Colleagues regularly forward embedded emails that I can't open

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show Reply/Forward button and quick access to conversation view

Two useful features I believe to be missing in this build:
    • On the "You replied to/forwarded this message." bar, please add back the button that allowed quick access to that sent message.
    • Along the same lines, there used to be a quote bubble near the top of the reading pane that allowed quick access to the full thread of a conversation, for those of us who prefer to not use conversation mode. Would love to see that returned.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for Notes

Support for Notes view

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Calendar view pane on the right side

The view pane for calendar (in Inbox mail view) should list only upcoming meetings and remove meetings already over for the day. This is default in Windows but not in the current MacOS beta version. The MacOS version lists all meetings for the current day (today) which is sometimes confusing or unnecessary.

I don't want to know what has already happened :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. approval assistant support

Would like to be able to accept or deny approval emails for DL emails as I can in the browser or the Windows client. Most annoying as I need both the browser and Mac client open.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rename Favorites

Allow us to rename the favourites shortcut. I have multiple accounts but when adding the Inboxes to favourites they are all called, confusingly, "Inbox"!

At the very least, adding the account description to the name would be helpful

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keep selected inbox view

I never work in the "all mail" view in Inbox, but mostly the "unread" or "flaged". Everytime I move "in and out" of the inbox, the view is reset and I have to select the view again. Please make sure the "setting" for the view is keept.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automate My Day View

Love the new MyDay but would be even better if in Day View an empty day auto closed the panel and visa-versa.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Images load in preview pane, no option to turn off

Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't appear to be a way to turn off auto-image loading, which is a security risk. Can this be re-enabled?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unread Emails Filter Button in Toolbar

I am loving the new look of Outlook for Mac. I think it's a long-overdue overhaul to the interface. The team has done a great job and I'm getting used to the new interface. One small ask for the development team...

Please add a button/option to the toolbar (along with reply, reply all, forward, forward as attachment... etc.) that will allow email to be filtered to Unread Emails only. That would be a huge help. I LOVE that feature in Outlook for iOS.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Open in edit when you double click events

I suggest that you open all events, meetings bookings in edit (less clicks) mode when you x2 click it

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Font size choices

There is currently one font size choice setting in Outlook. Please add options for font sizes for the mail index, mail body, etc. Changing the size for the index will make the font size in the mail messages too large or too small, depending on the setting.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Unified inbox as default launching view

We know that the unified inbox is coming back but it's really important that we can set it as the default view when Outlook in launching.

This feature is really simple but very important. It was missing from the last Outlook on Mac.

Please. Add it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix quick creating new event in Calendar

When clicking button for 'New Event' upper left corner, all event features are available, and default settings from Preferences are followed. However if you double click on a time in the calendar to create a new event, the options are limited (unable to set status as 'Tentative', unable to set Reminder which is stuck at 15 minutes by default--not respecting the Preferences.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bring TouchBar Controls to the compact email composer

Loving the new compact view for composing emails but would love to have the TouchBar controls like in the bigger view.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Events as check tasks

Calendar Events function optionally a tasks with completion check marks and/or Completion percentages.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base