OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Fix appointment integration with Zoom

In New Outlook, appointments created with Zoom are not added to the calendar. I suggest you restore that functionality; I find myself switching back to old outlook so things add to the calendar, then back to New Outlook so that Search functions (which it doesn't in Old Outlook). These are basic functions used every day; they should work.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Return Sort by Flag status option

Not able to sort by Flag - clicking on column does not work, menu option is not there

149 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let users hide the search bar

It would be nice to be able to hide the search bar at the top. It wastes a lot of space on the screen, and I don't use it all that frequently. A show/hide option would be great, and a keybind to search something when it is hidden would be even better!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Setting to Always show time and date

Instead of saying "Yesterday" it would say the date and time in the reading pane: i.e. 10/01/2020 11:41PM. This is useful if you are getting Nagios alerts from your monitoring system so you know what time an outage happened.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. send delay to every message

In Outlook for Windows I can add a send delay to every message as a rule. I like doing this because it gives me an extra minute or more to change my mind about an email after clicking 'Send'.

The web version offers a 10-second delay, which is even better than nothing.

145 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow changing the FROM address for corporate 365 accounts that have aliases

In the web version of outlook I can change the from address to my alias, but in desktop mac version of outlook I cannot.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I suggest you give an option to choose if replying a message pops out as a separate window or stays within the reading pane

I suggest you give an option to choose if replying a message pops out as a separate window or stays within the reading pane.

Its a convenience for some people. Also I encountered an issue where I was trying to forward an email and then attach another email to it. To do so I choose to "Continue message in a separate window", and then located the other mail to attach, dragged and attached. Everything was normal till here, but when I started typing in the email body, the window suddenly popped-back-in to the reading pane area. This happened to me…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I suggest you catchup with Windows as regards sharing OneDrive attachements

Contrary to Outlook for Windows, I can only include raw links to OneDrive documents, inline my text, with unfriendly URLs. I would prefer Outlook for Mac to make the attachment look like a normal attachement like it does for Windows, as well as automatically add permission to recipients

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 115 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. moving calendar items

I need the ability to drag appointments from one calendar to another and also from one week to another

126 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  13 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add to finder share option

Enable the option to share via outlook mail from the Finder Share menu.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Color Coding email accounts

Like Spark Mail, or Canary Mail, the ability to color code email accounts. Would appear color coded in left nav bar and also with an indicator in email list.

Why? Makes it real easy to see what account an email came in to.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Copy and paste attachments

Copying an attachment from one email and pasting it in another email or copying a local file and pasting it as an attachment in an email is standard functionality in Outlook for Windows. This is currently missing in Outlook for Mac. This makes it quite hard when you want to use an attachment in a new email. The only way is to drag and drop which is not practical when you have several windows open.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. reinstate ability to edit messages

reinstate the ability to edit received messages. This was in the old version and is useful for changing the subject lines to something more meaningful or adding your own notes to the emails.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. KQL search

Need easy KQL search help guide and saved searches of the same. This to more easily allow AND/OR/NOT and other more complex email searches along with the ability to save them. The older Mac client allows extensive use of "Smart Folders" and use of "raw query" utilizing Mac's spotlight search syntax.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. new outlook for Mac email display time of day

I need to be able to see the time of day certain emails come in next to the date without having to click on the email to find the time of day. This seems pretty basic. Please add this as a display option

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Send Availability

The "Send Availablity" feature is iOS is one of the most useful features I've ever used. I actually switch away from a desktop interface to the mobile version of Outlook just to use that feature. It is that great! It would be AWESOME if the Outlook for Mac team could bring that feature to the Mac Desktop client.

Encouragement... 🤛🏼

119 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Copy & Paste Attachments

Copying an attachment and pasting it as an attachment in an email is available in Outlook for Windows. This feature is missing in Outlook for Mac since so long. Drag and drop is not feasible every time.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. continue the "advance search" feature for contacts and filter by categories

I use Outlook as my CRM for my sales job. 90% of my contacts are tagged or categorized with custom categories. I use the Advance Search feature in contacts to filter by specific category. Not having this ability is a major inconvenience and will force me to stop using Outlook to effectivelly manage my contacts database.

If you get rid of this feature, I don't know what the purpose of categories will then be?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base