OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. When setting a due date, a calendar should pop up

When flagging a message and setting a due date, a calendar should pop up. We need to see what date, say, next Friday is, without having to count the days left to the due date first.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Publish the release date for new Outlook UI

Please publish the estimated release date for new Outlook UI.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring the aesthetics of Outlook for mac to windows PC too as the design is beautiful

Bring the aesthetics of Outlook for mac to windows PC too as the design is beautiful

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: Each upgrade of Outlook using Google two-factor auth is requiring me to recreate a new application password

Each weekly update is disabling my GMail access using two-factor authentication using the application password option. I have to go back into Google and create a new password. Works fine in Windows.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hitting ESC on a PDF preview in an email should not clear out the search filters

I'm on a MacBook Pro. I "Preview" PDF's and other attachments frequently on my emails. When I hit escape, instead of just closing out the attachment preview, it clears out all my search criteria. 'Esc' shouldn't do that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In Inbox view, When Reading pane is set to None, let me peek into the mail on hover over, also show me a quick menu on left.

In Inbox view, When Reading pane is set to None, let me peek into the mail on hover over, also show me a quick menu on left. Essentially, today I click on email to see the content, then decide to reply or mark as read or delete or move. Instead, I would like a bigger inbox view with bigger peek area for mail and quick click less access to the menu. So, as I hover over an inbox item for a second, show me the email on right, show me the quick menu on left. I can move mouse on…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Insert Link feature from "Old Outlook"

The "Insert Link" feature in "Old Outlook" made it very simple to share items from OneDrive but this is gone..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support for G-Suite accounts

Ful support for G-Suite accounts including resources (e.g. meeting rooms) when making appointments in the calendar.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to View Messages a Straight List

Instead of breaking them by Today, Yesterday, Last Week etc, I would like to be able to them as a list with a proper Date column

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Flagging a message in Outlook for Mac creates duplicate entries in Microsoft To Do

Currently, when you flag a message in Outlook for Mac there is a bug which creates two entries in Microsoft To Do. One entry is appropriately created with all the details of the message, while the second has most fields blank.

Happy to send additional details of the bug if helpful.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Next free slot

It would be interesting when creating an appointment with participants to have the next common free slot as a suggestion

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow for space to scroll email

Close but not quite https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856-the-new-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/39016543-make-the-default-space-bar-the-ability-to-scroll-d

I tend to have the focus on the list of emails, not the reading pane. I can now delete the message easily but also would like to use space to scroll the message down.

This worked in the older version of outlook, but not in the most up to date version. Now I need to switch my selected focus from the list of emails to the actual message to use space to scroll down, and then back to the list of emails to use arrow key to select the next message.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Retain sidebar re-size

I am running 16.34 (10011301) Insider Fast for Mac, and every time I close and re-open Outlook the left sidebar is resized as small as possible. I resize it so I can see all the icons at the bottom, as so I can see all my folder, without them being cut off.

I get that I am running a "beta" version, just wanted you guys to be aware of this minor issue. If there is a better place to post this please tell me.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Attach files from Cloud as links

Please add the feature like on Windows/web where attachments can be added as links from the Cloud. I have version 16.34 and am not presented with this option on the Mac. Like this: https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/attach-files-in-outlook-com-8d7c1ea7-4e5f-44ce-bb6e-c5fcc92ba9ab

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a Link Handling feature to Office apps for Mac

Microsoft needs to provide individuals with a way to decide which behavior Office apps perform with shared links from one drive and other sharing services. Allowing companies to manage this feature for end users via configuration profile would be the icing on the cake here. Are you planning on this? Asking for a friend...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Advanced search to include recipient "To Me Only"

In Outlook for windows, I often use the advanced search query of finding emails where I am the only recipient (i.e. "To Me Only") as it implies the email requires me to take an action and it is therefore important that I read the email. Advanced search on the new Outlook for Mac doesn't not have that capability. Can it be added?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Arrange by Subject

When you arrange by subject, keep RE, FWD, in the same section - right now, they start a new "subject" with each RE or FWD.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Calendar layout wasteful

Calendar has a lot of whitespace around regions, making the core event presentation far more squished than it needs to be. In the left column I can view a month mini calendar and a list of calendars, but there seems to be very little sizing flexibility. If I view two months atop, the list at the bottom becomes almost useless. The window title bar is now over crowded with controls and search box--finding a place to grab and relocate it or make it foreground with the mouse is no longer a simple task. There is no simple go to date…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base