OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show more all day events on a day

We have a shared Mailbox where we use the calendar to show when people on a team are off (Members of the team put an all day calendar entry on a day where they work from home, are sick or are off) . If I’m using a Windows machine I have the ability to scroll through the all day events in Outlook. But on Outlook for Mac I can only see a maximum 15 all day entries - there is no option to scroll any more (attachment_2). On the shared calendar there are 18 all-day events listed but only 15…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. new event sidebar

On the sidebar, I'd like to be able to more easily add an event to a specific day
    - right click to "Add Event to this day" like in the big calendar
    - when I click "New Event" from the main toolbar, have it default to the day selected in the sidebar, not the current day.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automate My Day View

Love the new MyDay but would be even better if in Day View an empty day auto closed the panel and visa-versa.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Archive email instead of delete when ignoring conversation

When "ignoring conversation" it deletes the emails the next coming ones.
    Ignoring doesn't mean I want to delete them, but just ignore.

I think archiving is more appropriate that deleting.
    Or at least have the possibility to choose in the preferences.

Giving a use case:
    - Someone sends an email with an information about a new release of an upstream system to a wide audience (not the best, but still a lot people do...)
    - I got the info, I'm interested by the info so I want to keep it (in archive, so searchable)
    - Several people will reply asking…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Move key action buttons (SEND, EDIT MEETING, CANCEL, ...) to the top of the windows

The key actions in views (like Reply to email, View meeting / event) like SEND, DISCARD, EDIT, CANCEL, ...) are placed at the bottom of the windows, not in the toolbar at the top.

This might be good for a mobile app (closer to your thumbs), but in a desktop app:

• They get lost: especially if you're replying to a "busy" HTML email with lots of images and colour, the buttons at the bottom can visually blend into the body of the email and be lost

• They're not where your mouse is: typically you're adding a reply to the top…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add white color to categories

Re-add white to category color or set "none" to white/no color

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 'No conversation selected' by default when opening Inbox

Every time Outlook is launched or you return to the Mail window, no conversation is selected. Would leave it as in prior versions such that the most recent conversation is selected by default.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the search field to the top of the move function

Please add the search field (the one that comes up when you select "choose folder") to the top of the first move function as it is on Outlook 365 online. This would significantly increase my productivity!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sidecar

The application will not fit when displayed using sidecar for iPad Pro.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. im Dark Mode mantain top Bar with Colours!

im Dark Mode mantain top Bar with Colours! or option with change colour!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Move the "Private" event toggle out from the Status drop down and into its own checkbox

Currently, if you want to change an events' status and mark it private, you have to go into the same status drop down twice. "Private" should be moved into its own dedicated checkbox or switch, like it used to be.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. few items: I cannot extend the width of the columns. I cannot turn off the 1 line email preview (the option is greyed out in the menu).

few items: I cannot extend the width of the columns. I cannot turn off the 1 line email preview (the option is greyed out in the menu).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a "Now" line to the Agenda View

When in the Mail view, the calendar Agenda View list doesn't give any indicator of what's coming up next. If you have 20 items in the day, opening the page or clicking the Today button scrolls to the top of the day instead of showing what time it is and what's coming up next. The Day View has the indicator, but that should be carried over to the Agenda view as well as bringing that line to the top of the list.

There is a preference to hide past items, but this line should appear when showing all agenda items.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Delete group messages

I should be able to delete messages that are in a group mailbox without having to go to the web client.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New Outlook is cool but All inbox and priority mails are still important and needs to come back.

New Outlook is cool but All inbox and priority mails are still important and needs to come back.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Set default recurring event length to max future room reservation date

An admin can set a max for how far a room can be reserved in advance. However, that is not related to the default end date that is set when I create a recurrence in Outlook. So I always need to send the recurrence, then get rejected by the room to learn how far out I can book the room for. Then I have to resend the meeting with that date set as the end date.

Can you just default the end date to the max room reservation date?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base