OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Support for email aliases

Would be great to have account support for email aliases per provider.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. respect the OS settings for double clicking an application windows title bar

Not so much an idea, as much as it is an expected behavior - but in my OS settings (Settings>Dock), I have selected the option to "minimize" an application window when the title bar is double clicked. macOS default behavior is to expand the application window, but I have set it to minimize.

I would like Outlook to use the system preferences that I have set.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a tool bar to the calendar view in the new Outlook for Mac UI.

On the new Calendar UI within Outlook for Mac add toolbar options (can still be simplified) but i cant seem to add a calendar category on the fly for instance within the calendar view, i need to open up each meeting - same goes for adding "show as"

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. few items: I cannot extend the width of the columns. I cannot turn off the 1 line email preview (the option is greyed out in the menu).

few items: I cannot extend the width of the columns. I cannot turn off the 1 line email preview (the option is greyed out in the menu).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Give both mark as read and mark as unread option when multiple emails are selected

When selecting multiple emails with varying read/unread statuses, only one option (mark as read/mark as unread) is available.

I'd like to have both options in the context menu.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. To-Do in Sidebar

It would be great to have ToDo interface in the app on the sidebar, so that I can see all my categories and flagged mail and add things to My Day.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. CalDAV- and CardDAV

Please add the feature to use CalDAV- and CardDAV-Accounts for third-party calendars and addressbooks synchronization.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. quote reply with > chevron indent (aka bottom-reply support)

In many forums (including standards and open source) bottom reply is preferred where the previous message is indented with chevrons (>). However Outlook for Mac forces top reply. This makes it incompatible with the community standards of the web.

Outlook should support an option (like it does for attribution at the top of the email) that enables quoted reply for html or text messages. Specifically, switching from html to text message should change the quoting from the blue bar to the chevrons automatically.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Task sidebar with drag&drop support to block time to work on task

A task side bar in the calendar view with drag&drop support to block time to work on a task, like you can do it on outlook.com.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I suggest more care is taken to capture as-is settings

Just taken the new look Outlook for Mac; good show but did not carry over all my mailboxes; and rolled favourite folders back several weeks - frustrating.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. option tot rename subject - onderwerpregel kunnen wijzigen

option tot rename subject - onderwerpregel kunnen wijzigen

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Larger indicators for flags/categories for messages

Categories and Flags should have more visible color indicators- the minimal style is hard to parse visually as it can be in different places. If there is only one applied, then a full background color (like in the old days) would be wonderful. But even having a larger bar that is full height on the left side would be much more useful than the moving items we have now.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Imported Calendar Categories

When adding or importing a shared calendar, the categories of those calendar (and their colors) do not show up on "New Outlook". It shows otherwise when switching off "New Outlook" and restarting the app. The categories also show up fine online.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow draft message deletion through key combination

When writing a draft message, allow quick deletion of the draft with a keystroke, such as Cmd-Delete, instead of requiring the mouse to be used on a button at the bottom of the screen. Historically, it opened a new window which I could just close with Cmd-W.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make "view with a dark/light background" follow the App/OS theme

In the New Outlook mode, 16.33 (19120401), on macOS Catalina, 10.15.2 Beta (19C56a), the option to view email with a light or dark background is great, but it would be awesome if it followed the App/OS theme.

For example, when the OS theme is dark, and Outlook is not set to always show light mode, it should automatically apply the "view with a dark background" setting, and allow the user to select "view with a light background" if they choose.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Publish the release date for new Outlook UI

Please publish the estimated release date for new Outlook UI.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. All-Day Events (multiple-days) Progress Bar in Graphic Monthly, week view with % Complete

It would be great to create all-day, multiple day events with progress bars indicators or % complete in at least week, month and year views. Kind of shows up a status indicator and user is able to change % complete or incomplete, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Display All items in List View in Calendar.

Currently limits to display items for the day / work week / week / month , will be good to be able look at items in calendar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)