OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Ensure MACOS Notes Sync

I fully understand to integrate the MS products to interact with ToDo’s and MS Notes. However, please consider as well, that the local MAC Reminder and the local MAC Notes become part of, or at least, part of the sync. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Webversion tasks and notes only available with School/work-account

Make access to web tasks and notes available for personal users. When Clicking on task / notes from WITHIN THE NEW OUTLOOK you are directed to the outlook.com version. But this is only accessible with a school or work account. When trying to enter your personal account, the message appears that this this service is'n accessible? Why? Please fix this!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. support contacts folders

i organize my contacts in folders. they are accessible from windows and web, they were acessible from old outlook on mac. they should be available also on ney outlook for mac

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Block Sender

In Outlook, the feature 'Block Sender' doesn't work, but it would be fantastic if it did. I have blocked several political ads/emails, all containing the same email address. However, this does not in any way block future emails from the sender(s). I have set up rules, marked as junk, and block senders, but none of these features work. I'm confident that if Microsoft were able to block political ad emails, Outlook would become the de' facto winner in this category.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the find relates messages from sender to Outlook for Mac..

There are some features in the Microsoft version that make search for messages easier. The ability to color internal company email is great. In Mac the categories work to do the same.

Also, the right click on a message and "find related messages or all messages from sender.." is a great Windows feature that I am sure Mac users would appreciate.

Thank!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Conversation view and hidden reading pane behavior

In web I have reading pane hidden. When I click the item full conversation opens up not only last email. It would be perfect to bring to macos app as well. I would switch to native app. That's a showstopper for me as a newly Gmail migrated user.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to copy or drag and drop copy meeting time block to another time or day appears not be enabled in this new UI

Ability to copy or drag and drop copy meeting time block to another time or day

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Skype integration. Where did it go?

Skype integration into the meeting creation tab was one-click and easy to do.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change Calendar Layout to Match Calendar Layout in Outlook for Windows

Change the calendar pane to appear on Mac in the same layout it does on Windows PC, where names are on the horizontal axis and times on the vertical.

The calendar organization on Windows shows each person’s calendar name on the y axis and the times on the x axis. I still see that information on my Outlook for Mac calendar but it’s organized in a much more confusing way, with times on the y axis and blocks of color for each person’s calendar on the x axis. Everything is squished together and it's very hard to tell whose schedule…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Parent folder should show unread email count for sub folders

With lots of folders in Outlook, the side panel can get very long. So it can be necessary to embedded folder in folders. For example - a project 'sub-folder' within a client 'parent' folder. However, currently, if the parent folder is collapsed, the unread email count does not include unread emails within sub-folders; it only includes unread emails within the parent folder. This means it's entirely possible for a collapsed parent folder to show zero unread emails whereas subfolders within the parent folders (which won't be visible as the parent folder is collapsed) could have lots of unread emails in…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow adding calendar and contact buttons to the mail pane

Currently, customizing the button bar seems to be possible inside the same category only. That way, I can no longer add the "address book" button e.g. to the mail view, essentially taking more clicks to achieve simple things like looking up a contact.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. todoist

I am sure you want us to use your Todo tool, or what was Wunderlist, but Google allows you to use any. How about Todoist? Another one that may be a no-no, but have to ask... Google apps?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. create New Collaboration group in new outlook in macOS

There is no feature to support Groups or contact lists in new Outlook for macOS. When you switch from old to new, the Lists are not visible and neither can one create new lists

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Need to add find related option

Need to add Find Related option to find the mails related to the selected mail

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Favourites for contacts

users could assign certain users to a favourites view. This could be larger tiles of people with greater information and availability info.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. ability to pin add-ins in the side pane

There are certain add-ins, like Salesforce, where it makes sense to keep the add-in open all the time across emails (pinned open). This functionality is available on PC, Mac (older version of Outlook), and the web.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reduce font size in the Inbox view

The font size is too large proportionally to all other fonts in the UI.

Adjusting the existing font size setting applies globally and does not address the proportion issue, making the other UI fonts (which are great at the default size) too small.

Coupled with the inability to hide message preview text, the current size notably limits the # of items that can be viewed.

Thanks for your consideration.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support for working hours in Calendar

Outlook on the Web and Windows reflects others working hours in the meeting scheduler. This is especially useful when working with people who are in different timezones. Outlook for Mac doesn't seem to support this. It only shows my own configured work schedule but not that of others.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Deleted Junk Mail Sent to Deleted Items Folder

In the Mac version of Outlook, when a message is deleted from the Junk Mail folder, it is permanently deleted rather than being moved to the Deleted Items folder. This differs from OWA and the Windows version of Outlook. Would like to see the behavior the same across all platforms so users have a consistent experience.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base