OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. show contact organization

When using the "New Outlook" layout on a Mac and I view a contact, I am not able to see the contact's organization like I did in the 'old' layout. There are times that I want to know who a persons manager is and now I can't do that :-(

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I suggest you don't include sent messages when you group conversations

Including every sent mail in a grouped conversation in your mailbox makes the thread very long, and I don't necessarily want to see the messages I've sent. Plus, they're always available to me in the Sent folder. Please go back to grouping only the new items in a conversation sent by others and excluding those sent by the user. Thank you!

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back Notes to Outlook

The new idea of loading Notes in a web browser rather than the Outlook app is TERRIBLE. It also means that if I don't have a web connection I can't access the Notes. Please bring back Notes to the Outlook app.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set All Accounts Inbox as Default.

It would be great if you could set the 'All Accounts: Inbox' as the default inbox to be on when you open Outlook For Mac.

I have many different email account inboxes, but hate having to select the 'All Inboxes' folder every time I open Outlook. This has been a common feature request that many have suggested already for the Classic Outlook, but it's never been considered so please implement this in the new Outlook for Mac and it will be PERFECT!

Great work guys, I'm a big fan!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. local calendars

The new version of Outlook is very shiny, but I cannot access any local calendars, my iCloud calendars, or other ics calendars. This is really a basic feature that needs to be incorporated.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Public folders Tool and view needs to come back

Literally can't even use the new Outlook now since we rely on this

161 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  18 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add MyAnalytics Insights

Add the MyAnalytics insights to the new Outlook for Mac.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. End meetings early (25m / 50m)

Add support to end appointments & meetings early (25m / 50m) so you have time to prepare for the next meeting. Already supported by Outlook for Windows: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/schedule-a-meeting-with-other-people-5c9877bc-ab91-4a7c-99fb-b0b68d7ea94f

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Alias support

The web based outlook.com and the windows version of outlook 2019 and 365 both support alias support. Only the mac version does not support this. It would be very useful if such support was added.

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Find contacts across multiple accounts when creating a new message

When I create a new email message and begin typing the name of a contact, Outlook should find contacts from all of my mail accounts. This worked in Old Outlook, but in New Outlook it only searches contacts in the current account.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I suggest you give an option to choose if replying a message pops out as a separate window or stays within the reading pane

I suggest you give an option to choose if replying a message pops out as a separate window or stays within the reading pane.

Its a convenience for some people. Also I encountered an issue where I was trying to forward an email and then attach another email to it. To do so I choose to "Continue message in a separate window", and then located the other mail to attach, dragged and attached. Everything was normal till here, but when I started typing in the email body, the window suddenly popped-back-in to the reading pane area. This happened to me…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support for Tasks

Support for Tasks view

158 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  24 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I suggest you add a button to create a task from an email

I suggest you add a button to create a task from an email body that is highlighted. When a text is highlighted you should be able to create a task quickly from there with being able to link back to the original email as a reference.Inviting people to a task would be a nice touch as well.

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add reminders for sent emails

In outlook for windows this option is available, it is not available in outlook for Mac new look. you should be able to send and email and set a reminder/flag from the mail option ribbon on the new look outlook.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Profiles Work as Before

I'm told by your support teams that Profiles no longer work as they did before. I have two Office 365 Exchange accounts in different tenancies, and it seems impossible to have two profiles anymore. Accounts added to one profile bleed into the next and switching between profiles just duplicates the downloading of data into two separate profile folders. I would like Profiles to work as they did before so you can swap between them.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. send delay to every message

In Outlook for Windows I can add a send delay to every message as a rule. I like doing this because it gives me an extra minute or more to change my mind about an email after clicking 'Send'.

The web version offers a 10-second delay, which is even better than nothing.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add the To Do back to outlook, instead of a web version

Please add the To Do back to outlook, instead of a web version. this is counterproductive.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Return Sort by Flag status option

Not able to sort by Flag - clicking on column does not work, menu option is not there

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  17 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support side-by-side view of more than three calendars

As soon as you try to view more than three calendars in side-by-side mode, it forces the view to Overlay mode. Some of our users need to be able to view 5 or more calendars in side-by-side mode.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)