OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Out of Office Auto-Replay

Out of Office Auto-Reply is a must for business users. I love the new look and am wanting to use the new Outlook, but until the auto-reply feature is available, I can't use it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep selected inbox view

I never work in the "all mail" view in Inbox, but mostly the "unread" or "flaged". Everytime I move "in and out" of the inbox, the view is reset and I have to select the view again. Please make sure the "setting" for the view is keept.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Conditional formattting support

Please provide conditional formatting support just like Windows version. Would like to mark incoming mails with colors based on categories/rules

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automate My Day View

Love the new MyDay but would be even better if in Day View an empty day auto closed the panel and visa-versa.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Images load in preview pane, no option to turn off

Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't appear to be a way to turn off auto-image loading, which is a security risk. Can this be re-enabled?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unread Emails Filter Button in Toolbar

I am loving the new look of Outlook for Mac. I think it's a long-overdue overhaul to the interface. The team has done a great job and I'm getting used to the new interface. One small ask for the development team...

Please add a button/option to the toolbar (along with reply, reply all, forward, forward as attachment... etc.) that will allow email to be filtered to Unread Emails only. That would be a huge help. I LOVE that feature in Outlook for iOS.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. copy and paste from Calendar Items

Copy paste from calendar items like in Outlook for Windows would be great to have as well in Outlook for Mac.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Font size choices

There is currently one font size choice setting in Outlook. Please add options for font sizes for the mail index, mail body, etc. Changing the size for the index will make the font size in the mail messages too large or too small, depending on the setting.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unified inbox as default launching view

We know that the unified inbox is coming back but it's really important that we can set it as the default view when Outlook in launching.

This feature is really simple but very important. It was missing from the last Outlook on Mac.

Please. Add it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix quick creating new event in Calendar

When clicking button for 'New Event' upper left corner, all event features are available, and default settings from Preferences are followed. However if you double click on a time in the calendar to create a new event, the options are limited (unable to set status as 'Tentative', unable to set Reminder which is stuck at 15 minutes by default--not respecting the Preferences.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Events as check tasks

Calendar Events function optionally a tasks with completion check marks and/or Completion percentages.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Now that new emails are created are inline please make a tab system so I can have multiple drafts open within the one outlook window.

Now that new emails are created are inline please make a tab system so I can have multiple drafts open within the one outlook window.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Showing contact photos in messages list (like in Outlook iOS version)

Add an option to show contact photos in circles, at the left side of each message in the message list.
    Just like in Outlook iOS.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. we would really like to have the "recipient outside you org" like we do on windows outlook!!!

recipient outside you orgfor secuirty reasons, like we have available on windows outlook

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow for creation of smart mailboxes in new Outlook for mac.

"New Outlook" appears to not have smart folders. I have critical uses for this.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create an option to duplicate calendar events

This has long been a feature of 3rd party apps like Fantastical and I don't understand why Outlook doesn't have it yet. It's such a no-brainer and so handy. Right-click an event | Duplicate.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Re: new email window – toolbar customization & refinements

Would love to be able to customize the toolbar in the New Email window, and/or make collapsible sections as an option. Additionally, some currently available tool buttons and labeling could you some refinements. A few thoughts:

1. When the new email window is smaller, the toolbar is cropped from the right side.

2. Many of the tools that take up a lot of toolbar real estate have commonly known key commands (say copy, paste, bold, italic), and it would be nice to hide them.

3. Add-ins themselves are always cropped when the window is a smaller size, since they're historically placed way over…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Access folders with the left sidebar collapsed

I like having the left sidebar collapsed as it reduces wasted screen real estate. However, I occasionally need to access other folders like Sent, Archived, etc which means I have to collapse and expand this sidebar every time to see those items. It would be great to have another method of switching folders while keeping this sidebar collapsed.

Note: this should also apply to calendars, people, notes, and tasks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base