OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. show my reply

When opening an email that the user has replied to; I'd like the option to click "show your reply" to go to what i sent to the sender of the email.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show the calendars of your Office colleagues

Show the calendars of your Office colleagues without forcing you to request to share dozens of calendars. And let people sort the order based on their priorities, rather than forcing default to alphabetical. These seem to me utterly basic functions required to work in an organization.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Default system font (SF instead of Calibri) when composing or reading mails

Pls use standard mac system fonts everywhere and forget Calibri (or make it as a choice but pls not force it as default font) and use similar font weight and style as in Outlook iOS.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let us import Google Calenders without account creation

My main email address is also used for a Google account, so I can't add that Google account (it always adds my mail account).

Therefore it would be great if I could import the calendar from that Google account, otherwise, the "My day" feature is pretty much useless (as it doesn't show all my events).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Return Sort by Flag status option

Not able to sort by Flag - clicking on column does not work, menu option is not there

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix Font Size Fix

Font Size Scaling appears to be broken in the reading pane. When font size is adjusted, it seems to revert back to default on its own.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show the folder name of the note found in a search

I want to store a yearly tax receipt in a folder with the previous yearly tax receipt, but I do not remember the name of the folder. A search of keywords finds the current and the old document but it does not tell me where the older document is stored. With nearly 200 folders, some of which are obvious where NOT to look, I still have to search the remaining folders for last year's tax receipt.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ability to pin add-ins in the side pane

There are certain add-ins, like Salesforce, where it makes sense to keep the add-in open all the time across emails (pinned open). This functionality is available on PC, Mac (older version of Outlook), and the web.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to use an alias on Gmail

Was previously able to use an alias on a Gmail account, no longer able to do that on the new Outlook. Love it but this was an important feature. Can you restore?

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. progress bar

A progress bar when checking for or sending mails would be helpful.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Let me set a default location - usually a meeting URL

Want to set the location to my zoom meeting URL because that is what I use all the time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Full OneNote Integration

I thought Addins (https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856-the-new-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/38972491-support-for-o365-add-ins) were going to do this, but I don't see an option in the customize toolbar for OneNote integration. I would like to be able to send both emails and meeting notes from outlook to Onenote like I can in both the iOS and the Outlook for Mac products!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support for email aliases

Would be great to have account support for email aliases per provider.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please allow changing the reading pane font size separate from the sidebar, message list, and reading pane.

Please allow changing the reading pane font size separate from the sidebar, message list, and reading pane. I just want to change the reading pane font size and make it stay. Currently, I have to do this manually for formant/increase font size menu every time I start outlook.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Inbox count is doubled

all counts on the app currently are doubled. Please fix.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Snooze to be enabled for Sent Items as well

There are situation when you need to be reminded of an email which you have sent. For example, for follow-ups etc. Hence, the Snooze option should be available for Sent Items as well

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow to see my availability when I write an email

Often I offer external people a few time windows to meet. it will be nice if i have a simple way to see my availability without leaving that window

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sending of emails from the "share" menu

I suggest to implement the sending of emails from the "share" menu on macOS as soon as possible. It is an extremely useful featur.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Turn an Email / Calendar Invite into a Teams thread.

Have the ability to send an email to a group E.g. Interest Rate Changes and instead of sending emails back have the ability to turn into a chat underneath and in Teams. Like how Spark email does it at the moment with the Discuss email feature.

Would also be good for internal conversations on calendar invites, if someone wants to propose a new time or add info to the agenda. The calendar invite could become a Teams chat and files and chat could start around that meeting.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Conversation threading should be a per-folder setting

Conversation threading should be a per-folder setting, so, for example, my Inbox could have it on and my Sent Mail could have it off.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base