OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Keyboard shortcut for carbon copy and bcc

It would be great to have a keyboard shortcut for jumping to cc and bcc fields when composing e-mails. It appears like the only way to currently access those fields is to either a) pop out the compose window into a new window, OR b) click the cc button with the mouse when using the in-line compose editor. But there doesn't appear to be a way to jump to CC when using the in-line (or in-window) compose editor.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add teams channel to the meeting invite

Allow selecting a channel for the teams meeting when creating the invite

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow for seeing the stacked message list when reading pane hidden

When the Reading Pane is on the right, the message list stacks the From, Subject, and Preview vertically on top of each other. I'd like to have that ability for when I hide the Reading Pane, and I would then like the ability to shrink the width of the window a bit more.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Prevent repetitive login popup to appear for unsynced accounts

I have two deactivated accounts, for which I still want to store mails and be able to access them anytime.

Though, every 5mn, the New Outlook prompts for password. It should be possible to deactivate that. Or at least, let it appear just once at application startup, as in the old Outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix the focus / double click issue when opening emails

There is a bug that if you are not focused on Outlook, then double click an email you want to open, it opens the previously selected email. You then have to make sure you are focused in outlook, then double click the one you want.

Instead of doing that, it should focus the email you click, THEN open that email. It looks like the events are firing in the wrong order or something weird....

Try it for yourself. It's pretty irritating.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give focus to specific message/thread from Mac notification

When I click a notification (via Notification Center), I'm taken to my inbox (instead of the message or thread in question), forcing me to navigate to the message or thread I'm being notified about. Would be great if clicking the notification took me to the pertinent message.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display Density options...

Display density options don't affect my shared email address. Only the principle email address. It should affect all email accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide easier and simpler sorting of messages like the current version does. Allow copy and paste of meetings like the current version does

Provide easier and simpler sorting of messages like the current version does. Allow copy and paste of meeting time blocks like the current version does.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reminder for missing repsonse

When writing an email there should be an option that outlook will send me an automated notification when there is no response within x hours/days/weeks.
    This should make it easier for users to keep track on to dos and tasks or information requests send out.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. groups in not available on Mac outlook

My group create is gray so I don't know how to get one

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. To have a preview of the message by presing the Space Bar when the Preview Pane is off

It would be very helpful to have a preview of the message (similar to what happens in Finder) by pressing the Space Bar when the Preview Pane is off. Having the Pane off makes it possible to see much more emails on the screen. Nevertheless, at the same time, a preview of the message is very helpful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reply and Delete button in the ribbon

Add the Reply and Delete, or Reply all and delete or Reply with attachments in mail threads

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I suggest that you figure out how I can embed surveys into my emails.

In my work there is a need to facilitate feedback across multiple country offices. Often we will push them to a Google form or another online data entry form. It would be best if they could enter their responses directly in the emails and hit send back to us. The data coming back could be in CSV or XLS or it could be transferred into a data processing/statistical analysis software.

Also, the example I gave above it only one in which this feature would be utilized.

D

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Integrate chat and video with all desktop versions of Office. Both Windows and Mac.

It would be great if you were able to start a chat from a shared desktop file, powerpoint, excel, etc.. I know you can do it online, but the online versions are not great. It would also be great to be able to start a chat with an email you just received or kick off a video call in Microsoft Teams directly from an email or an application.

It would also be great if you could use ML or AI to help people determine what types of emails make better texts. Email is such pain to work with. Do you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add support for text replacements on macOS

macOS allows the user to specify short strings of text that the system replaces with longer pre-specified text (like in TextExpander). I often need to use various replacements to populate a new message with a text template that I then fill in. New Outlook seems to not support this, and it would be very helpful to have.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to Add Events in My Day

In the new My Day view if you could right click to add events and have the mini-event modal show up that would almost completely eliminate the need to go into the regular Calendar for some of your users.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Identify the recipient's name directly in the email - just like in Exchange

In the reply option of the email, in the "to" text description, the full name and email address should be shown, not twice the email address. In the old Outlook, if you had the recipients in the contact section, you'd see the name and the email address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sent Messages in Conversation within Folders

While Sent Messages are shown in conversation history in the general inbox, the feature does not seem to be working when conversations are moved to folders. I think the problem could be that only messages within the same folder are included in the conversation.

Best regards,
    Chris

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac