OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Show the calendars of your Office colleagues

Show the calendars of your Office colleagues without forcing you to request to share dozens of calendars. And let people sort the order based on their priorities, rather than forcing default to alphabetical. These seem to me utterly basic functions required to work in an organization.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The new look should not reduce functionality. We should still be able to use block sender or leverage mail header analyzer etc.

The new look should not reduce functionality. We should still be able to use block sender or leverage mail header analyzer etc.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I suggest you include functionality to 'save sent email to specific folder'

The Windows version of Outlook allows me to select which folder I want to save an email in before sending. This significantly improves organisation and reduces time spent filing emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Folder pane forgets width setting

In the mail view the folders on left does not remember the width setting and needs constant resizing to see the folders

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Customize the Touch Bar

With the new Outlook for Mac starting new and waiting to be more like a native Mac application I would suggest allowing users to customize the Touch Bar options. Right now there are missing functions for the Touch Bar and the old version of Outlook for Mac did not allow for customization. It would be good to allow us to customize what functions we would like to have on the Touch Bar.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Search Sent folder for "To:" addresses, not "From:"

When I'm searching sent mail, I NEVER need to search on the From: message, and am ALWAYS looking for a message I sent to someone. I'm sure there are exceptions to that for some people and accounts, but in general, that would be the intelligent field to be searching for when in the Sent folder.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Let us import Google Calenders without account creation

My main email address is also used for a Google account, so I can't add that Google account (it always adds my mail account).

Therefore it would be great if I could import the calendar from that Google account, otherwise, the "My day" feature is pretty much useless (as it doesn't show all my events).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Preserve mailbox selection when closing/re-opening main window

Currently selected mailbox (all account's Inbox in my case) needs to keep it focus when I closing main window (⌘-W) and then opening it again. Currently random Inbox gets selected and it's not default account, by the way. There should be the same behavior as when I completely closing and reopening Outlook (⌘-Q).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatic formatting: highlight emails sent only to me

Option exists in windows under view - custom view - automatic formatting.

Extremely useful for high volume accounts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automatic formatting: highlight emails sent only to me

Option exists in windows under view - custom view - automatic formatting.

Extremely useful for high volume accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Reply to All Meeting Attendees — by status (Accepted, Tentative)

Our team often hosts events (virtual, these days). I want to be able to send mass emails with updated information or a reminder, but only to those who have accepted the invite or marked themselves as tentative. People who declined invite often won't want to be bothered with this extra information or follow up emails. (Please let me know if this is already live—might be user error!)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. junk email reading pane preference view to be remembered

whenever restarting outlook it always forgets the preference for the junk email reading pain

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow editing calendar invites without sending

In Outlook on Windows I can edit a calendar invite after receiving it or having the meeting, but cannot do this in Outlook on Mac.

I use my calendar to record my time as actually used. So two scenrios supported on Outlook for Windows are not in Outlook for Mac:
    1. I receive an invite, and the meeting went longer than scheduled. I would like to adjust the meeting at a later point to reflect the additional time, but cannot do that without sending a response to the person who created the invite. I do not want to do that,…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix Font Size Fix

Font Size Scaling appears to be broken in the reading pane. When font size is adjusted, it seems to revert back to default on its own.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix the Search and I have run a the same all mailboxes search in apple mail and I get the results

Please improve the search, for example I have tried to search a person, this person was on an email ad a receiptant but not the sender and I have selected to search all mailboxes, it would be awesome if the search really could find it. I did the same test in apple mail and it found the emails. so I search for Kevin Smith, it should find anything to do with Kevin Smith, TO, FROM, subject, attachments with the file name as that, etc. Then you should have easy buttons sort those results by TO, FROM or Subject or All,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Just look at Outlook for Windows and Outlook for Mac side by side.

I suggest that a Microsoft architect look at Outlook for Windows and Outlook for Mac side by side. Note what is missing on the Mac version. Add the missing features to the Mac version. Require that Mac and Windows versions of Outlook have feature parity going forward, with exceptions made when macOS has a limitation. Publish those limitations on a site such as this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base