OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow @mentions in the subject line for Outlook Mac as you do for Outlook Windows

In Windows Outlook, you can do an @mention in the subject line that triggers a reminder for the recipient. It would be nice to have the same feature of doing an @mention in the subject line of outlook for Mac.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Search bar returning results from notes section of people/contacts

The Search bar must return results from the text field in the notes section of people/contacts. Many people record key information in the noters field. Older versions of outlook show search results from this field.

Cann you advise when this will be implemented.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Serious bug in Outlook for Mac 16.39 (20060705)

After the installation of the new beta release, outlook gives an error regarding unsopported email accounts. These happen to be all IMAP accounts. Gmail and Office365 are working good. Just the IMAP accounts are deleted in the new version. So had toawitch back to the old version…. COncernc outlook for mac. release 16.39 (20060705)

Prior release functioned normal

This is the error message i get:

We're sorry, the following accounts and items aren't supported and won't be available here. Please switch back to the standard Outlook if you'd like to use these accounts.

This happens to be all IMAP accounts

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a draft function for calendar appointments

if you need to create an invite but don't want to send it to anyone yet, or have it appear on your calendar, there should be a draft functionality and a delay send functionality like with emails.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. By default in conversation list show only items in the current folder.

Right now all sub-folders including sent items show up by default making it very long list for each email.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Embedded Outlook Messages (.msg files) to be opened in Outlook for Mac.

Allow Embedded Outlook Messages (.msg files) to be opened in Outlook for Mac. Colleagues regularly forward embedded emails that I can't open

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Inline images size

Receiving inline images from other users/mail clients on Mac are kinda enormous. They should be resized based on my message window width and be responsive.

Especially when the sender is not resizing them I always have to scroll left/right up/down to see what they want.

The alternative is save them locally which is sometimes a time sink.

Outlook’s web version does it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Deleted Items Message Count

The Deleted Items folder no longer shows a count next to it like it used to. That visual reminder that something was in Deleted Items was helpful in the past to make sure I periodically empty my Deleted Items folder. Without that visual reminder, I sometimes go days or a week now without remembering there is anything in there and forget to empty it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve the performance of the new Outlook for Mac

What the Microsoft team has done with the new Outlook for Mac is really good. However, while it is good I have noticed there are some performance areas that could be improved. They fall into two areas.

1) Window movement and resizing - When you move or resize a native Apple app such as Mail, Safari, or apps like Numbers and Pages the animation is very fluid and smooth. In the new Outlook it is much better than other Microsoft apps, however it is still jerky and not smooth. It would be good to really work on the smaller details…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pin mails on the top

Just like on outlook.com it would be nice to be able to pin messages at the top of folders and sync whatever message you pin in outlook.com to also pin it on the app.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Need more options on small meeting window on calendar

When adding meetings to calendar you get a small version of a meeting page, but there are limited options available. Please add more ribbon options to small window for categories, making the meeting private or not, and add option to view a preview pane to the right of attendees schedules, allow options on the small window instead of having to expand window to see options available.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The ability to initiate a Teams Chat from an outlook contact

When viewing the Contact Card of an email recipient (clicking the recipient's name/address) there is an option to initiate a chat with the individual. However, this appears to default to Skype. However, Teams is my primary chat agent. I assume since Skype is set to sunset, Teams will be integrated, but in the interim, a user should be allowed to set their preferred default chat agent is. Since I don't use Skype, this initiate chat action is useless, but a much needed/desired feature.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. favorite folders in right sidebar, when not expanded

Show favorite folders on the side bar if not expanded, the space is anyway unused and it would be very helpful!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have an address book show all address lists from Exchange (like outlook for windows)

port the address book from the windows outlook client to the macOS version.
    In a large company you need to be able to select different address lists and GAL from the exchange server

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bring back the checkmark option when flagging an email.

The checkmark is important. It gives me some small joy and semblance of accomplishment. Without the checkmark my inbox is just a continuously growing list of questions, tasks and requests that will never appear to be completed. It will just continue to grow and grow and grow. It's the thing of nightmares and panic attacks. Please, let me have my little checkmark.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Send and Archive button

It will be very useful to integrate a button that, while replying to a mail, send a message and archive all the thread.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. copy and paste from Calendar Items

Copy paste from calendar items like in Outlook for Windows would be great to have as well in Outlook for Mac.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ensure MACOS Notes Sync

I fully understand to integrate the MS products to interact with ToDo’s and MS Notes. However, please consider as well, that the local MAC Reminder and the local MAC Notes become part of, or at least, part of the sync. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Webversion tasks and notes only available with School/work-account

Make access to web tasks and notes available for personal users. When Clicking on task / notes from WITHIN THE NEW OUTLOOK you are directed to the outlook.com version. But this is only accessible with a school or work account. When trying to enter your personal account, the message appears that this this service is'n accessible? Why? Please fix this!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base