OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Bring back reply to all with a meeting invite

The old Outlook had an option to reply to a group of people with a meeting invite. This was handsome for quick meeting requests and is missing in the new outlook.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notifications - time options

Put time limits on outlook iOS app notifications.

I want/need notifications during the day but not at all hours of day or night

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Conditional formattting support

Please provide conditional formatting support just like Windows version. Would like to mark incoming mails with colors based on categories/rules

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create events from Calendar side pane

We need to be able to double-click the calendar pane on the right hand side to create a new calendar event.

This should be obvious, but want to emphasize this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Now that new emails are created are inline please make a tab system so I can have multiple drafts open within the one outlook window.

Now that new emails are created are inline please make a tab system so I can have multiple drafts open within the one outlook window.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client

New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client (these things should really be consistent).. it's much better to put all operation in the toolbar instead of randomly splitting this one off and segregating it by itself in the blue area... took me 5-10mins to find it 🙁

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Conversation threading should be a per-folder setting

Conversation threading should be a per-folder setting, so, for example, my Inbox could have it on and my Sent Mail could have it off.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Embedded Outlook Messages (.msg files) to be opened in Outlook for Mac.

Allow Embedded Outlook Messages (.msg files) to be opened in Outlook for Mac. Colleagues regularly forward embedded emails that I can't open

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Be able to sort emails by Category

I normally sort my folders by category, and the new outlook has no accommodation for this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support for Tasks

Support for Tasks view

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow editing calendar invites without sending

In Outlook on Windows I can edit a calendar invite after receiving it or having the meeting, but cannot do this in Outlook on Mac.

I use my calendar to record my time as actually used. So two scenrios supported on Outlook for Windows are not in Outlook for Mac:
    1. I receive an invite, and the meeting went longer than scheduled. I would like to adjust the meeting at a later point to reflect the additional time, but cannot do that without sending a response to the person who created the invite. I do not want to do that,…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. My Day Pref - Show/Hide Location row

It would be nice if this view could be changed by the user. For example at the moment mine shows the event time, the duration, the event name and the location. The location shows the address which takes up 4 lines of type. While this is nice to have and is neatly laid out, my prference would be to toggle the location off with a nearby button or dropdown with toggle choices, to have some choice as to what is displayed here. The trade-off benefit is having more calendar events displayed.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support for Online Archive policies

When using Online Archiving it would be useful to have access to the archive policies when right-clicking a folder or email.

In the 'old' Outlook for Mac client this feature was never supported but it is available in Outlook on the Web today.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include archive, delete, and flag buttons in mail notifications

When the notification window is displayed for new incoming email, please include buttons to quickly archive, delete, or flag the new incoming email without having to go to the main outlook window. It would be nice to be able to quickly delete incoming email if we don't want to read it, right from the notification display.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Default system font (SF instead of Calibri) when composing or reading mails

Pls use standard mac system fonts everywhere and forget Calibri (or make it as a choice but pls not force it as default font) and use similar font weight and style as in Outlook iOS.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. why bother expanding a calendar meeting and not allow editing

If you click once on a meeting it shows a preview. If you click 'expand' icon, it pops out, but you can't edit unless you then select another Edit button. Either allow editing in any state (yes please), or why not remove the second expanded state?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. auto categorize new emails in a thread according to assigned category of old emails in that thread

I have a thread running with several emails and I have assigned a category to existing emails in that thread. After assigning the category, if I receive any new emails in the same thread, those emails should be auto assigned to the existing category. This is a simple intelligence that can be added into the product to improve productivity of users.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. allowing search of all folders

In prior version of Outlook, we could specific that all mail would be searched. This would expand the search outside the current mailbox and would search items stored locally

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add feature already in Windows (Previous/Next)

Mirror Windows version function related to "After moving or deleting an open item" and the option to return, open previous or next. Also, add previous/next buttons to email windows.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give both mark as read and mark as unread option when multiple emails are selected

When selecting multiple emails with varying read/unread statuses, only one option (mark as read/mark as unread) is available.

I'd like to have both options in the context menu.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base