OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Bring back support for delegated accounts.

Previous delegated mailboxes (or shared mailboxes not sure what you call them) could be added to Outlook and would show up as additional mailboxes.

With new Outlook these mailboxes no longer appear.

It would be great if you bring them back. :)

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Working on it  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for Tasks

Support for Tasks view

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. By default in conversation list show only items in the current folder.

Right now all sub-folders including sent items show up by default making it very long list for each email.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A more compact layout

Currently, there seems to be a lot of 'dead' space in the new UI. While I like the more modern look, it should be possible to makt certain UI elements a bit more compact, much like is possible on Outlook for Windows...

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Public folders Tool and view needs to come back

Literally can't even use the new Outlook now since we rely on this

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Return Organize by Categories and Collapse/Expand All by Sorting method

I really do like the new design, but there are 2 fundamental features that made Outlook stand above all other email client and really make impractical to use the new Outlook at work for e-mail:
    I would like to request that these 2 features ( or similar new version) be added:
    - The Ability to organize by Categories
    - Able to Collapse/expand all e-mails by the selected sorting method
    The use of categories became irrelevant if you cannot organize or search emails by them, and if hundreds of e-mails every day, it is a nightmare not been able to collapse…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for contact lists (not contact groups!)

Support for contact lists from Outlook.com on the web.

I know contact groups (...@groups.outlook.com) are supported, but support for contact LISTS is also needed.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Skype integration. Where did it go?

Skype integration into the meeting creation tab was one-click and easy to do.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve the performance of the new Outlook for Mac

What the Microsoft team has done with the new Outlook for Mac is really good. However, while it is good I have noticed there are some performance areas that could be improved. They fall into two areas.

1) Window movement and resizing - When you move or resize a native Apple app such as Mail, Safari, or apps like Numbers and Pages the animation is very fluid and smooth. In the new Outlook it is much better than other Microsoft apps, however it is still jerky and not smooth. It would be good to really work on the smaller details…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ability to pin add-ins in the side pane

There are certain add-ins, like Salesforce, where it makes sense to keep the add-in open all the time across emails (pinned open). This functionality is available on PC, Mac (older version of Outlook), and the web.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rearrange Accounts

I would love to be able to arrange my email accounts, like have them in the order I want instead of the automatic ordering from AtoZ.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. support applescript

My auto archive scrip are failing or doing nothing when in new outlook mode.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add option to remove email date groups in inbox

I keep a pretty clean inbox, and while I like the overall design of thew new Outlook's Inbox area a lot of screen space is wasted to these "This week", "Last week", etc" identifiers that are just not needed.

Please let me turn them off, like you could in old Outlook (via unchecking "Show in Groups" setting).

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The ability to initiate a Teams Chat from an outlook contact

When viewing the Contact Card of an email recipient (clicking the recipient's name/address) there is an option to initiate a chat with the individual. However, this appears to default to Skype. However, Teams is my primary chat agent. I assume since Skype is set to sunset, Teams will be integrated, but in the interim, a user should be allowed to set their preferred default chat agent is. Since I don't use Skype, this initiate chat action is useless, but a much needed/desired feature.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Use native contacts on macOS

The recent update enabled contacts however they are exactly the same as always, I still cannot access my apple contacts from within Outlook which means there is no way to store my iPhone and Outlook contacts in one place (I sync these across from iOS too)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My Computer Contacts

In current Outlook, my contacts are in the My Computer folder. New outlook does not display them.

How can you design a "New" Outlook that doesn't have same functionality of the Old Outlook.

And when the Old Outlook is no longer an option, how do I get my contacts?

Bad design.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. sort order

Need to be able to have different sort orders per inboxs if you have multiple email accounts. Once you leave that inbox and go to another, the different sort orders should be remembered.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Change Calendar Layout to Match Calendar Layout in Outlook for Windows

Change the calendar pane to appear on Mac in the same layout it does on Windows PC, where names are on the horizontal axis and times on the vertical.

The calendar organization on Windows shows each person’s calendar name on the y axis and the times on the x axis. I still see that information on my Outlook for Mac calendar but it’s organized in a much more confusing way, with times on the y axis and blocks of color for each person’s calendar on the x axis. Everything is squished together and it's very hard to tell whose schedule…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pin mails on the top

Just like on outlook.com it would be nice to be able to pin messages at the top of folders and sync whatever message you pin in outlook.com to also pin it on the app.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. changing a url in location (bug)

When I create a meeting I can add a URL as the location. If I'm editing a meeting and change the URL it will be removed when I try to save. I think this was possible before 16.36 (20032418).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base