OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Upgrade Searching for Contacts in the compose To: Field (Search the domain for contacts)

If I type "support" in the To: field, I get a contact suggestion for "support@microsoft.com"

I want to be able to type "microsoft" and get this suggestion as well. (As every other client I have ever tested already supports this...)

Throw in native integration with mac's contacts as well for extra credit.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export this UI to the rest of Office

I love the new simple UI. Please export to the rest of Office for Mac.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Search Results Displayed After Search Box Cleared

There does not seems to be an intuitive way to clear a search and have Outlook display all items. I cleared out the search bar at the top of the window, but Outlook still only displayed the search results.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The trash can icon on the message line can cause lost emails

I've noticed some of my emails were disappearing when I clicked on them. I found out I would by chance quickly click where the trash can icon was and delete the email. Can that somehow be changed, removed from that location?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sync Category Colors with Windows Version

I regularly operate between the Windows and Mac version of Outlook, would love to see the category colors be consistent between the two worlds

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Where is the address book?

There's no way to access the Address Book with people on your server anymore.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. really expand to full-screen, when outlook window is set as a separate space.

Please expand to full screen when the outlook window is set to expanded mode and set as a operate space. Currently the window leaves a thick empty area at the bottom ( probably the status bar used to sit here previously )

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Modernize printing

Please give printing an overhaul too.

Kill the Page Setup menu and make the print dialog work like the default macOS print dialog where the Page Setup settings are in the print dialog.

Perhaps correct scaling of mails could be fixed too. Mails with wide embedded images and some HTML mails, don't scale to fit the page nomatter what we do. The right edge is cut off.

Printing the same mails from Apple Mail woks fine,

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. All for the spawning of a new window with a right-click on the lower-left icon

Just like the Windows version, right-clicking on the mail, calendar, people, tasks, and notes icons in the lower-left corner should give the option to open in a new window. Current functionality requires File --> New --> Main Window and then navigating to the desired tool.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Distance between the folder names is to big

UI

The distance between the folder names at the left pane is too big and the font must be customizable

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. to have all emails synched not only a small subset.

Me as a user I want to have all my emails available in my client not only a small subset. Despite that I do want to have the option to synchronize down all items.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Delete group messages

I should be able to delete messages that are in a group mailbox without having to go to the web client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want a reply function that puts the sender in the To: field and everyone else in the CC: field

It would be such a time saver to have a reply to function that put the sender of the original message in the To: field and everyone else the message was sent to into the CC: field. This would be such a win and so easy to do.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 18 19 20 22 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base