OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client

New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client (these things should really be consistent).. it's much better to put all operation in the toolbar instead of randomly splitting this one off and segregating it by itself in the blue area... took me 5-10mins to find it 🙁

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Conversation threading should be a per-folder setting

Conversation threading should be a per-folder setting, so, for example, my Inbox could have it on and my Sent Mail could have it off.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add feature already in Windows (Previous/Next)

Mirror Windows version function related to "After moving or deleting an open item" and the option to return, open previous or next. Also, add previous/next buttons to email windows.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add custom keyboard shortcuts

The ability to customise or use other keyboard shortcut schemes (e.g. Gmail) on the web app makes it 2x faster to process email. Please bring it to the desktop app!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for Online Archive policies

When using Online Archiving it would be useful to have access to the archive policies when right-clicking a folder or email.

In the 'old' Outlook for Mac client this feature was never supported but it is available in Outlook on the Web today.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Alias support

The web based outlook.com and the windows version of outlook 2019 and 365 both support alias support. Only the mac version does not support this. It would be very useful if such support was added.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bring TouchBar Controls to the compact email composer

Loving the new compact view for composing emails but would love to have the TouchBar controls like in the bigger view.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to Add Events in My Day

In the new My Day view if you could right click to add events and have the mini-event modal show up that would almost completely eliminate the need to go into the regular Calendar for some of your users.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Update the search function.

Please update the search function and add the "search all mailboxes" function again. Search should also be automatic, no enter-hitting.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make links to online meetings available from the notification

When a meeting contains a link to an online meeting (GTM, Zoom, etc), display the link in the notification so the event doesn't have to be opened to join the meeting. I'd rather the notification just be native, but if not at least there's a reason to not use MacOS's notification system

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Reduce font size in the Inbox view

The font size is too large proportionally to all other fonts in the UI.

Adjusting the existing font size setting applies globally and does not address the proportion issue, making the other UI fonts (which are great at the default size) too small.

Coupled with the inability to hide message preview text, the current size notably limits the # of items that can be viewed.

Thanks for your consideration.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow showing 2 months in My Day

Please consider making the number of months in My Day configurable so I can show 2 months at once.

Currently, My Day only shows one calendar month. This is annoying, especially during the last week of a month when you might want to check appointments for the following week. Having the option to see further in the future without switching to the calendar view would be helpful.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow me to resize My Day to be narrower (meaning smaller/no margins)

My Day is useful but takes up too much space away from the reading pane and message list. Please allow me to resize My Day so that its left and right margins are tiny or non-existent. Currently the mandatory large margins take up about 4% of the total horizontal real estate of Outlook, and 22% of My Day. Instead of paying a 4% real estate tax on empty space, I'd prefer to make my reading pane 7%-10% wider which would mean less scrolling and improved productivity.

It's OK if the default margins are big like today, but if I opt…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Public folders Tool and view needs to come back

Literally can't even use the new Outlook now since we rely on this

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Keep selected inbox view

I never work in the "all mail" view in Inbox, but mostly the "unread" or "flaged". Everytime I move "in and out" of the inbox, the view is reset and I have to select the view again. Please make sure the "setting" for the view is keept.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Conditional formattting support

Please provide conditional formatting support just like Windows version. Would like to mark incoming mails with colors based on categories/rules

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Unread Emails Filter Button in Toolbar

I am loving the new look of Outlook for Mac. I think it's a long-overdue overhaul to the interface. The team has done a great job and I'm getting used to the new interface. One small ask for the development team...

Please add a button/option to the toolbar (along with reply, reply all, forward, forward as attachment... etc.) that will allow email to be filtered to Unread Emails only. That would be a huge help. I LOVE that feature in Outlook for iOS.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. copy and paste from Calendar Items

Copy paste from calendar items like in Outlook for Windows would be great to have as well in Outlook for Mac.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base