OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Send and Archive button

It will be very useful to integrate a button that, while replying to a mail, send a message and archive all the thread.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Public folders Tool and view needs to come back

Literally can't even use the new Outlook now since we rely on this

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A more compact layout

Currently, there seems to be a lot of 'dead' space in the new UI. While I like the more modern look, it should be possible to makt certain UI elements a bit more compact, much like is possible on Outlook for Windows...

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rearrange Accounts

I would love to be able to arrange my email accounts, like have them in the order I want instead of the automatic ordering from AtoZ.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. support applescript

My auto archive scrip are failing or doing nothing when in new outlook mode.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Skype integration. Where did it go?

Skype integration into the meeting creation tab was one-click and easy to do.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back the checkmark option when flagging an email.

The checkmark is important. It gives me some small joy and semblance of accomplishment. Without the checkmark my inbox is just a continuously growing list of questions, tasks and requests that will never appear to be completed. It will just continue to grow and grow and grow. It's the thing of nightmares and panic attacks. Please, let me have my little checkmark.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pin mails on the top

Just like on outlook.com it would be nice to be able to pin messages at the top of folders and sync whatever message you pin in outlook.com to also pin it on the app.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add option to remove email date groups in inbox

I keep a pretty clean inbox, and while I like the overall design of thew new Outlook's Inbox area a lot of screen space is wasted to these "This week", "Last week", etc" identifiers that are just not needed.

Please let me turn them off, like you could in old Outlook (via unchecking "Show in Groups" setting).

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Embedded Outlook Messages (.msg files) to be opened in Outlook for Mac.

Allow Embedded Outlook Messages (.msg files) to be opened in Outlook for Mac. Colleagues regularly forward embedded emails that I can't open

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Implement web's reading pane

Outlook for Web condenses the conversation nicely; expanding only the most recent message and giving a preview of the others. You can then expand each previous message separately if you need more context.

I LOVE the Outlook web app and want it as a native macOS app.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reduce font size in the Inbox view

The font size is too large proportionally to all other fonts in the UI.

Adjusting the existing font size setting applies globally and does not address the proportion issue, making the other UI fonts (which are great at the default size) too small.

Coupled with the inability to hide message preview text, the current size notably limits the # of items that can be viewed.

Thanks for your consideration.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add custom keyboard shortcuts

The ability to customise or use other keyboard shortcut schemes (e.g. Gmail) on the web app makes it 2x faster to process email. Please bring it to the desktop app!

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unified inbox as default launching view

We know that the unified inbox is coming back but it's really important that we can set it as the default view when Outlook in launching.

This feature is really simple but very important. It was missing from the last Outlook on Mac.

Please. Add it.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. show my reply

When opening an email that the user has replied to; I'd like the option to click "show your reply" to go to what i sent to the sender of the email.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. End meetings early (25m / 50m)

Add support to end appointments & meetings early (25m / 50m) so you have time to prepare for the next meeting. Already supported by Outlook for Windows: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/schedule-a-meeting-with-other-people-5c9877bc-ab91-4a7c-99fb-b0b68d7ea94f

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Access folders with the left sidebar collapsed

I like having the left sidebar collapsed as it reduces wasted screen real estate. However, I occasionally need to access other folders like Sent, Archived, etc which means I have to collapse and expand this sidebar every time to see those items. It would be great to have another method of switching folders while keeping this sidebar collapsed.

Note: this should also apply to calendars, people, notes, and tasks.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Message view columns

Ability to add columns such as Message Size. My organisation has strict quotas so its handy to be able to delete large messages

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Search Sent folder for "To:" addresses, not "From:"

When I'm searching sent mail, I NEVER need to search on the From: message, and am ALWAYS looking for a message I sent to someone. I'm sure there are exceptions to that for some people and accounts, but in general, that would be the intelligent field to be searching for when in the Sent folder.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Include archive, delete, and flag buttons in mail notifications

When the notification window is displayed for new incoming email, please include buttons to quickly archive, delete, or flag the new incoming email without having to go to the main outlook window. It would be nice to be able to quickly delete incoming email if we don't want to read it, right from the notification display.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base