OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Need email "View Source" back

"View Source" was an important tool for looking at the source (headers, body, servers, etc.) of a received message. It was in the context menu (right-click) but is no longer there. I could not find it in the menus either.

337 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  17 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Return Organize by Categories and Collapse/Expand All by Sorting method

I really do like the new design, but there are 2 fundamental features that made Outlook stand above all other email client and really make impractical to use the new Outlook at work for e-mail:
    I would like to request that these 2 features ( or similar new version) be added:
    - The Ability to organize by Categories
    - Able to Collapse/expand all e-mails by the selected sorting method
    The use of categories became irrelevant if you cannot organize or search emails by them, and if hundreds of e-mails every day, it is a nightmare not been able to collapse…

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. support applescript

My auto archive scrip are failing or doing nothing when in new outlook mode.

228 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  60 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Left Sidebar configurable smaller width

On New Outlook view, the Left Sidebar width has a minimum size that enables to view the full name of all the elements. That's using too many horizontal space, only for one or two folders that I already know.
    I'd like to be able to reduce the Left Sidebar width in order to not "loosing" too many horizontal space.
    I know I can fully colapse it, but then I cannot see the folders...

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for contact lists (not contact groups!)

Support for contact lists from Outlook.com on the web.

I know contact groups (...@groups.outlook.com) are supported, but support for contact LISTS is also needed.

193 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  52 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Launch local ToDo app if it's there

If you have the local ToDo app it should launch when you click on new ToDo rather than just taking you to the WebUI.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need plugins immediately for Google meet, Zoom, WebEx, Bluejeans and RingCentral

Need plugins immediately for Google meet, Zoom, WebEx, Bluejeans and RingCentral

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sync limit

The new Outlook client seems to be limited to syncing six months of email. I can't find the sync limit anywhere. I keep switching between the two Outlook clients depending what I am searching for.

111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add the ability to recall an email as is possible with Office for Windows client

When sending an incorrect email add the ability to recall that email from all recipients as is possible with Office for Windows client.

235 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back Advanced Search options (+ related Search issues)

My inbox is crazy, so the search bar is a large part of my process. Since upgrading to the new Outlook 16.41 for Mac, we've lost some major Search functionalities, including:

1. Relevance: When using multiple search terms to find a specific conversation, Outlook is now searching using "OR" logic instead of "AND" logic. Very frustrating when completely irrelevant results are appearing because they contain 1 of the 3 search terms/keywords (instead of all 3).

2. "Contains"/"Does Not Contain" functionality: So helpful when looking for emails from a specific organization (ex: "From" contains "@examplecompany.com") or specific sub-sets of emails (ex: "Subject" does…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add the feature "Paste Options"

Please add the options Keep Source Formatting, Match Formatting and keep Text Only.
    Also it would be nice to have keyboard shortcuts like cmd+shift+v to paste as Text Only.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring feature parity between Outlook for Mac and Windows

So far New Outlook is looking like a skinned version of the current version. This is absolutely not what business users want or need. We need the features that Outlook for Windows has, to be productive in our jobs. This is very frustrating.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Return Flag for Follow-up/Reminder

With the New Outlook for Mac, you seem to have removed the functionality to right-click on an email and set a reminder/flag/due date for a mail item. Can you please return this functionality? I found it especially useful for items that I could not act on at the moment but needed to follow back up with.

214 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  19 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Be able to sort emails by Category

I normally sort my folders by category, and the new outlook has no accommodation for this.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the 'You replied to this email' bar clickable like previous Outlook versions

In the old Outlook version if you clicked on an email that you previously replied to a bar would appear at the top saying "You replied to this message" and if you clicked on that bar, you would be taken to your reply email. In the new Outlook, this bar still appears to show that you already responded to that email, but clicking on it does nothing. Can you fix this so that it's clickable again, to take the user directly to the reply?

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. resend

Ooops - did we lose the 'Resend' option for sent messages?

174 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  25 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Tasks follow up options

Add these “Follow up” pre-set options for Tasks: “in 3/4/5/6 days”. Also make “Custom date” selectable for multiple listed tasks simultaneously.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Not able to drag/move e-mails from one mailbox to another anymore.

With the new Outlook i'm not allowed to drag and drop e-mails from one mailbox to another and thus making a copy in that mailbox and folder.

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. feature to "show all messages from this conversation" is not there anymore

feature to "show all messages from this conversation" is not there anymore

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. New Email to Attendees

Bring back the feature of 'New Email to Attendees' from a calendar invite. In the old version you could right click on a calendar meeting > 'New Email to Attendees' and a new email would pop up right away. Now, you have to open the invite, copy the email address and paste it into a new email. As a high volume Recruiter, this feature was really helpful.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base