OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Search results

The search algorithm in Outlook misses numerous "matches" and defaults to weird settings like to: "ADDRESSEE". This would be fine except the search function will miss 10 emails that actual include said ADDRESSEE. Search capabilities should work like gmail search functionality -- you get clear results quickly. It doesn't miss any relevant emails

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove Delete, Archive, Flag from the center of the list of emails

Having Delete, Archive, and Flag right in the middle between name and subject is a really bad place. Move it all the way to the left, right, or remove all together. Whenever i click an email im accidentally clicking delete.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to add find related option

Need to add Find Related option to find the mails related to the selected mail

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove "Delete all" for Sent items and archive

I lost all my sent items because I accidentally right clicked my sent items and selected "Delete all". I thought I selected my Deleted Items folder.
    Only Deleted items should have that option in the right click menu

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the new outlook view, under Junk mail there is no easy way to select all messages or a radio button to select multiple messages. Would be

Can you add a radio button to enable multiple item selection of email messages? It used to be there.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Email scheduling - Spark is still so much better at this.

Email scheduling - Spark is still so much better at this. I want the ability to schedule emails, especially when working on weekends where I can schedule the send for Monday AM. This is a basic concept that should be a standard feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Alias field is not visible

When looking at anyone's Contact information, the Alias field is not displayed. This is a vital need for my work looking up identity information that is used in setting up laptop user accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I love the new look and feel.

Would it be possible to introduce the spell check feature on send (like the PC version)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please - Bring back filter by catogries!!

if we dont have this, it will make outlook 365 on mac.. Have thousands of email in more than 8 catogeries!! Functanilty and design need to have a balance..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Signature Cloud settings

This was recently announced for Outlook for Windows in the M365 Roadmap: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Outlook%2CWindows%20Desktop

It makes a lot of sense to extend this support to Outlook for Mac as well so that the signatures are stored in the user's mailbox.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "You replied to this message" notification should sync in iOS outlook and vice versa

when i respond to an email it shows in outlook for mac that i responded to this message and I can view the response via a shortcut button. the same should be implemented in iOS outlook and when i reply in ios outlook to an email it show in mac outlook that i responded / replied as well with a shortcut to that response.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop making changes! v16.38 stopped working with my All Accounts. This is becoming more annoying as time goes on.

Used to be able to see all mail accounts in ALL ACCOUNTS folder. Now it shows some not all. Really irritating.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a Meeting and Create an Appointment in the new Outlook should actually create a NEW message not based on the message on your inbox.

Create a Meeting and Create an Appointment in the new Outlook should actually create a NEW message not based on the message on your inbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Feedback that Outlook asked for when I switched off the new look

The user interface is beautiful, more Mac like, but why can’t we have both, a nice interface and all the features of Windows Outlook? Would you pull this trick/sham on your Windows Outlook users? Will Windows Outlook get this same interface too? (Mac Outlook is my primary email client, but I do use 3 different workstations, and one of them is Windows Outlook, so now I have to re-adjust every time I switch workstations.)

My company pays the same amount for each user, no matter if they are Mac or Windows users. Therefore, I would like to have the same…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When you locate a message using the search function, the content of the message does not show up.

The search isn't very helpful because you can't see the content in the messages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable immediate naming of new mail folders

After creating a new mail folder (default name "Untitled Folder"), the new Outlook should automatically select the folder name for editing so that the user can immediately start typing the new folder name.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow @mentions in the subject line for Outlook Mac as you do for Outlook Windows

In Windows Outlook, you can do an @mention in the subject line that triggers a reminder for the recipient. It would be nice to have the same feature of doing an @mention in the subject line of outlook for Mac.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Search Sent folder for "To:" addresses, not "From:"

When I'm searching sent mail, I NEVER need to search on the From: message, and am ALWAYS looking for a message I sent to someone. I'm sure there are exceptions to that for some people and accounts, but in general, that would be the intelligent field to be searching for when in the Sent folder.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow users to disable External Recipient MailTip

The newly added External Recipient MailTip is fine for those who feel it adds value, but is an unnecessary waste of real estate and can frustrate users who generally mail external recipients and therefore don't need this warning.

If it can't be removed, then please at least allow users to disable it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base