OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Remember Outlook window position

Each time when I start Outlook it opens on the main screen with a random size window. Ideally, I would love to see it in the exact same location and size as it was before I quit it e.g. fullscreen on the second monitor.
    Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Individual Account Notification Settings

Now that we are forced to add shared mailboxes like they are standalone accounts, it would be great if we could modify notification settings on each individual account. I now have 8 different accounts all giving notifications and adding to the unread count. It's annoying.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for G-Suite accounts

Ful support for G-Suite accounts including resources (e.g. meeting rooms) when making appointments in the calendar.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Resize the Inbox Text

Not sure why this was removed, but please bring back the feature that allows you to see only the subject line/sender and not a message preview. There is a ton of wasted space in inbox and I would like to be able to see more than the 10 or so messages that fit in there now.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. resizing windows

Window resizing is not consistent. Some windows and the SideBar only resize when the window is full screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Save new folder names

When I make a new IMAP folder for Gmail, type in its name, it still shows up as "Untitled".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. With the reading pane on the right, allow additional columns in the message list

This was lacking in the original Outlook for mac, but still think it needs to be done. I like placing the reading pane on the right. With the message list, I'd like to see the option of adding additional columns to quickly sort by. This is one of the features I use so heavily that I still find myself using Windows-based Outlook on mac.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More flag colors

I use flags not just for follow ups but to help categorize items. More colors would be helpful.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Flagging a message in Outlook for Mac creates duplicate entries in Microsoft To Do

Currently, when you flag a message in Outlook for Mac there is a bug which creates two entries in Microsoft To Do. One entry is appropriately created with all the details of the message, while the second has most fields blank.

Happy to send additional details of the bug if helpful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Move the Flag icon slightly to the left.

When viewing the Flagged email list, scrolling causes the scroll bar to appear and overlap the Flag icon making it easy to inadvertently click the scroll bar (causing you to scroll half way down the list) when you meant to Flag or Unflag an email.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dual monitor support for Email Address dropdown

When I'm using more than one monitor and authoring a new email on the second monitor, the dropdown menu for quickly adding recently used email addresses (in the "To:" field) needs to display on the second monitor, as opposed to the primary monitor.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Next free slot

It would be interesting when creating an appointment with participants to have the next common free slot as a suggestion

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow for space to scroll email

Close but not quite https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856-the-new-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/39016543-make-the-default-space-bar-the-ability-to-scroll-d

I tend to have the focus on the list of emails, not the reading pane. I can now delete the message easily but also would like to use space to scroll the message down.

This worked in the older version of outlook, but not in the most up to date version. Now I need to switch my selected focus from the list of emails to the actual message to use space to scroll down, and then back to the list of emails to use arrow key to select the next message.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Retain sidebar re-size

I am running 16.34 (10011301) Insider Fast for Mac, and every time I close and re-open Outlook the left sidebar is resized as small as possible. I resize it so I can see all the icons at the bottom, as so I can see all my folder, without them being cut off.

I get that I am running a "beta" version, just wanted you guys to be aware of this minor issue. If there is a better place to post this please tell me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Attach files from Cloud as links

Please add the feature like on Windows/web where attachments can be added as links from the Cloud. I have version 16.34 and am not presented with this option on the Mac. Like this: https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/attach-files-in-outlook-com-8d7c1ea7-4e5f-44ce-bb6e-c5fcc92ba9ab

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a Link Handling feature to Office apps for Mac

Microsoft needs to provide individuals with a way to decide which behavior Office apps perform with shared links from one drive and other sharing services. Allowing companies to manage this feature for end users via configuration profile would be the icing on the cake here. Are you planning on this? Asking for a friend...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Define flag while I write an e-mail

Being able to set a flag while I write an email, similar to the functionality in Windows.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Touch Bar controls in Calendar

Currently, the Touch Bar controls in Calendar allow you to switch between the Day, Work Week, Week and Month views. It would be very useful to also have a way to navigate between periods (like the arrows that are to the left of the day/week/month above the calendar) in the Touch Bar.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Include a Tasks pane or Tab, similar to the Windows version of Outlook.

I sorely miss the Tasks pane from the Windows version of Outlook. This was such a messy, but useful feature that helped me organize projects and keep track of important emails. I would love to have this feature back on the Mac version. Having to switch between a Tasks tab (like Calendar) is not the same and less useful as I fall into the Out of Sight, Out of Mind trap.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 9 11 13 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base