OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My Day Pref - Show/Hide Location row

It would be nice if this view could be changed by the user. For example at the moment mine shows the event time, the duration, the event name and the location. The location shows the address which takes up 4 lines of type. While this is nice to have and is neatly laid out, my prference would be to toggle the location off with a nearby button or dropdown with toggle choices, to have some choice as to what is displayed here. The trade-off benefit is having more calendar events displayed.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make links to online meetings available from the notification

When a meeting contains a link to an online meeting (GTM, Zoom, etc), display the link in the notification so the event doesn't have to be opened to join the meeting. I'd rather the notification just be native, but if not at least there's a reason to not use MacOS's notification system

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. copy and paste from Calendar Items

Copy paste from calendar items like in Outlook for Windows would be great to have as well in Outlook for Mac.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create an option to duplicate calendar events

This has long been a feature of 3rd party apps like Fantastical and I don't understand why Outlook doesn't have it yet. It's such a no-brainer and so handy. Right-click an event | Duplicate.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a "Now" line to the Agenda View

When in the Mail view, the calendar Agenda View list doesn't give any indicator of what's coming up next. If you have 20 items in the day, opening the page or clicking the Today button scrolls to the top of the day instead of showing what time it is and what's coming up next. The Day View has the indicator, but that should be carried over to the Agenda view as well as bringing that line to the top of the list.

There is a preference to hide past items, but this line should appear when showing all agenda items.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Next free slot

It would be interesting when creating an appointment with participants to have the next common free slot as a suggestion

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Impossible to drag-to-copy between two calendars (use to work in classic)

Can't drag to copy between two calendars anymore.
    Used to work in classic outlook.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. All-Day Events (multiple-days) Progress Bar in Graphic Monthly, week view with % Complete

It would be great to create all-day, multiple day events with progress bars indicators or % complete in at least week, month and year views. Kind of shows up a status indicator and user is able to change % complete or incomplete, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Remember Outlook window position

Each time when I start Outlook it opens on the main screen with a random size window. Ideally, I would love to see it in the exact same location and size as it was before I quit it e.g. fullscreen on the second monitor.
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow editing calendar invites without sending

In Outlook on Windows I can edit a calendar invite after receiving it or having the meeting, but cannot do this in Outlook on Mac.

I use my calendar to record my time as actually used. So two scenrios supported on Outlook for Windows are not in Outlook for Mac:
    1. I receive an invite, and the meeting went longer than scheduled. I would like to adjust the meeting at a later point to reflect the additional time, but cannot do that without sending a response to the person who created the invite. I do not want to do that,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Touch Bar controls in Calendar

Currently, the Touch Bar controls in Calendar allow you to switch between the Day, Work Week, Week and Month views. It would be very useful to also have a way to navigate between periods (like the arrows that are to the left of the day/week/month above the calendar) in the Touch Bar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show more all day events on a day

We have a shared Mailbox where we use the calendar to show when people on a team are off (Members of the team put an all day calendar entry on a day where they work from home, are sick or are off) . If I’m using a Windows machine I have the ability to scroll through the all day events in Outlook. But on Outlook for Mac I can only see a maximum 15 all day entries - there is no option to scroll any more (attachment_2). On the shared calendar there are 18 all-day events listed but only 15…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. End meetings early (25m / 50m)

Add support to end appointments & meetings early (25m / 50m) so you have time to prepare for the next meeting. Already supported by Outlook for Windows: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/schedule-a-meeting-with-other-people-5c9877bc-ab91-4a7c-99fb-b0b68d7ea94f

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Open in edit when you double click events

I suggest that you open all events, meetings bookings in edit (less clicks) mode when you x2 click it

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add white color to categories

Re-add white to category color or set "none" to white/no color

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix quick creating new event in Calendar

When clicking button for 'New Event' upper left corner, all event features are available, and default settings from Preferences are followed. However if you double click on a time in the calendar to create a new event, the options are limited (unable to set status as 'Tentative', unable to set Reminder which is stuck at 15 minutes by default--not respecting the Preferences.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Events as check tasks

Calendar Events function optionally a tasks with completion check marks and/or Completion percentages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow for the downloading of all attachments at once from calendar invites

currently have to download each attachment individually. Would be nice to have a download all option

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Calendar layout wasteful

Calendar has a lot of whitespace around regions, making the core event presentation far more squished than it needs to be. In the left column I can view a month mini calendar and a list of calendars, but there seems to be very little sizing flexibility. If I view two months atop, the list at the bottom becomes almost useless. The window title bar is now over crowded with controls and search box--finding a place to grab and relocate it or make it foreground with the mouse is no longer a simple task. There is no simple go to date…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reoccurring appointments

Under the custom options for reoccurring appointments, it would be nice to see hourly as an option. I have multiple tasks that need to be completed every 6 hours, and others more frequently. Currently, I have to create multiple appointments per day and set them for a daily reoccurrence. It would be nice to only make 1 appointment and set it for x hours reoccurrence.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base