OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow easy copping of an event in calendar via option+drag

You used to be able to option+drag calendar events to new times to copy this event. It seems to be lost.

312 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Zoom meeting

When double clicking on calendar to create meeting, there's no toggle or add-in for Zoom meeting. Only toggle for Team meeting is shown. The Zoom add-in is available when you create meeting using New Event button when clicking on "...". However, it would be nice to have the Zoom toggle there in addition to the Team toggle.

213 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add back ability to copy or duplicate Calendar appointments

Prior versions allowed for Option+click to duplicate Calendar appointments

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New Email to Attendees

Bring back the feature of 'New Email to Attendees' from a calendar invite. In the old version you could right click on a calendar meeting > 'New Email to Attendees' and a new email would pop up right away. Now, you have to open the invite, copy the email address and paste it into a new email. As a high volume Recruiter, this feature was really helpful.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need plugins immediately for Google meet, Zoom, WebEx, Bluejeans and RingCentral

Need plugins immediately for Google meet, Zoom, WebEx, Bluejeans and RingCentral

156 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Vertical Scrolling for Calendar Navigation

Enable vertical scrolling to navigate through the Calendar through weeks, months and years instead of having to click the left and right arrow at the top of the screen to incrementally move one month at a time.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Custom Category Colors

I would like the ability to create custom Category colors (this used to be an option) instead of being confined to the set 20. I would also like the ability for these custom colors to sync to my account and across all of my devices. I rely on color-coding categories to be able to tell at a glance what topic my calendar meetings are for and I either run out of colors or would prefer a custom one. Thanks!

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add ability to categorize calendar items within the meeting window

Outlook for Mac gives ability to custom categorize calendar items by color. This helps me quickly scan my day/week view. However, this function can only be accessed after the event has been created by right-clicking the calendar item and scrolling down to "Categorize". Please review and add! Thank you!!

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make the Scheduling Assistant available for all meetings, not just ones with large number of attendees

I want the option to look at every attendee's calendar availability myself and select a time. Right now I only get this option if I have a meeting with a large number of attendees and/or and the system can't find a time that works itself. Let us access Scheduling Assistant whenever we want.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. local calendars

The new version of Outlook is very shiny, but I cannot access any local calendars, my iCloud calendars, or other ics calendars. This is really a basic feature that needs to be incorporated.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support side-by-side view of more than three calendars

As soon as you try to view more than three calendars in side-by-side mode, it forces the view to Overlay mode. Some of our users need to be able to view 5 or more calendars in side-by-side mode.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. WebEx Integration

The new Outlook for Mac (The one with preview of upcoming UI and "Enhancements") does not support WebEx plugin in the Meeting toolbar. It worked fine prior to upgrading/switching. After switching to the "New Outlook", the button is missing from the toolbar.

When I select to "Get Add-Ins...", from the Ribbon/Customize Toolbar ellipsis menu, I can find the "Cisco Webex Meetings Scheduler" add-in but it will not install. I get an error message saying "Sorry, we can't complete this operation right now. Please try again later."

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Synchronisation Calendar

Necessary to have a synchronized calendar on all devices. Currently not all meetings are shown (only in the old version).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Too many steps to edit an already posted calendar event. I like editing, as needed, right on the event itself without having to reopen!!!

Just let us open and edit a calendar event right on the calendar without having to open it back up!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable adjusting meetings by 15 minutes by dragging

You can change meeting length by dragging the outside of the event in calendar. You should be able to adjust in 15 minute intervals. Instead I have to type in the 15 minute offset. Once it is on a 15 minute interval (3:15 or 3:45) you seem to be able to do more but it reverts back if you hit a 30 minute interval

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. End meetings early (25m / 50m)

Add support to end appointments & meetings early (25m / 50m) so you have time to prepare for the next meeting. Already supported by Outlook for Windows: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/schedule-a-meeting-with-other-people-5c9877bc-ab91-4a7c-99fb-b0b68d7ea94f

180 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you set this preference in Outlook on the Web, then Outlook for Mac will respect it! Please ensure you are on the Feb release of Outlook for Mac (16.46.212.0)

We also respect the setting to start meetings late.

The ability to set this inside of Outlook for Mac will come soon.

17. Give us the ability to subscribe to other internet based calendars

Please give us the ability to subscribe to any url based calendar feeds. I've been able to use the feature in Google Calendar and would love the ability to subscribe to my personal calendars with my work calendars in the Outlook client to have a consolidated view of my different areas of focus.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix appointment integration with Zoom

In New Outlook, appointments created with Zoom are not added to the calendar. I suggest you restore that functionality; I find myself switching back to old outlook so things add to the calendar, then back to New Outlook so that Search functions (which it doesn't in Old Outlook). These are basic functions used every day; they should work.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. moving calendar items

I need the ability to drag appointments from one calendar to another and also from one week to another

134 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  13 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base