OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move the send button to the top bar

It would be helpful to either completely move, or at least add a send button to the top bar when composing an email. When all of the actions except send are at the top it seems quite odd and confusing to have to go to the very bottom to actually send a message. Another idea is to possibly shrink the composure box so it isn't so far away.

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  18 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need email "View Source" back

"View Source" was an important tool for looking at the source (headers, body, servers, etc.) of a received message. It was in the context menu (right-click) but is no longer there. I could not find it in the menus either.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tab key while Composing Email

After pressing the tab key to go out of the Subject field of a new email, please focus on the body of the email, not the Font and font size.

Current tab-key sequence: To --> Subject --> Font --> Font Size --> Body
    Suggested sequence: To --> Subject --> Body

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Compact view that shows more emails without scrolling when preview is on the right

The email summary on the left has a lot of visual noise and white space around email entries. As a user, I want to be able to scan my inbox, but with all the UI chrome I can only see 10-12 entries without scrolling. This is despite 'small' font selected.

Outlook should have a compact view (even when preview on the right is open) that allows 3-4x more emails without scrolling. The one line summary is nice ,but should be optional. the whitespace above and below the ruled line should be minimized and eliminated.

The compact layout should also adjust…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add the ability to recall an email as is possible with Office for Windows client

When sending an incorrect email add the ability to recall that email from all recipients as is possible with Office for Windows client.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. resend

Ooops - did we lose the 'Resend' option for sent messages?

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Implement web's reading pane

Outlook for Web condenses the conversation nicely; expanding only the most recent message and giving a preview of the others. You can then expand each previous message separately if you need more context.

I LOVE the Outlook web app and want it as a native macOS app.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Return Flag for Follow-up/Reminder

With the New Outlook for Mac, you seem to have removed the functionality to right-click on an email and set a reminder/flag/due date for a mail item. Can you please return this functionality? I found it especially useful for items that I could not act on at the moment but needed to follow back up with.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Compose mail in main window should be an option in Preferences.

I know I can tap in open in new window, but having to press it everytime is tedious and prone to mistakes

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Voting buttons

Add support for voting buttons.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Turn an Email / Calendar Invite into a Teams thread.

Have the ability to send an email to a group E.g. Interest Rate Changes and instead of sending emails back have the ability to turn into a chat underneath and in Teams. Like how Spark email does it at the moment with the Discuss email feature.

Would also be good for internal conversations on calendar invites, if someone wants to propose a new time or add info to the agenda. The calendar invite could become a Teams chat and files and chat could start around that meeting.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. send delay to every message

In Outlook for Windows I can add a send delay to every message as a rule. I like doing this because it gives me an extra minute or more to change my mind about an email after clicking 'Send'.

The web version offers a 10-second delay, which is even better than nothing.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Conversation threading should be a per-folder setting

Conversation threading should be a per-folder setting, so, for example, my Inbox could have it on and my Sent Mail could have it off.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add feature already in Windows (Previous/Next)

Mirror Windows version function related to "After moving or deleting an open item" and the option to return, open previous or next. Also, add previous/next buttons to email windows.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support for Online Archive policies

When using Online Archiving it would be useful to have access to the archive policies when right-clicking a folder or email.

In the 'old' Outlook for Mac client this feature was never supported but it is available in Outlook on the Web today.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Alias support

The web based outlook.com and the windows version of outlook 2019 and 365 both support alias support. Only the mac version does not support this. It would be very useful if such support was added.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bring TouchBar Controls to the compact email composer

Loving the new compact view for composing emails but would love to have the TouchBar controls like in the bigger view.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to Add Events in My Day

In the new My Day view if you could right click to add events and have the mini-event modal show up that would almost completely eliminate the need to go into the regular Calendar for some of your users.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reduce font size in the Inbox view

The font size is too large proportionally to all other fonts in the UI.

Adjusting the existing font size setting applies globally and does not address the proportion issue, making the other UI fonts (which are great at the default size) too small.

Coupled with the inability to hide message preview text, the current size notably limits the # of items that can be viewed.

Thanks for your consideration.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base