OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move the Flag icon slightly to the left.

When viewing the Flagged email list, scrolling causes the scroll bar to appear and overlap the Flag icon making it easy to inadvertently click the scroll bar (causing you to scroll half way down the list) when you meant to Flag or Unflag an email.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dual monitor support for Email Address dropdown

When I'm using more than one monitor and authoring a new email on the second monitor, the dropdown menu for quickly adding recently used email addresses (in the "To:" field) needs to display on the second monitor, as opposed to the primary monitor.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Folder pane forgets width setting

In the mail view the folders on left does not remember the width setting and needs constant resizing to see the folders

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show archived emails in conversation

Archived emails do not show up in the conversation.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Archive email instead of delete when ignoring conversation

When "ignoring conversation" it deletes the emails the next coming ones.
    Ignoring doesn't mean I want to delete them, but just ignore.

I think archiving is more appropriate that deleting.
    Or at least have the possibility to choose in the preferences.

Giving a use case:
    - Someone sends an email with an information about a new release of an upstream system to a wide audience (not the best, but still a lot people do...)
    - I got the info, I'm interested by the info so I want to keep it (in archive, so searchable)
    - Several people will reply asking…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 'No conversation selected' by default when opening Inbox

Every time Outlook is launched or you return to the Mail window, no conversation is selected. Would leave it as in prior versions such that the most recent conversation is selected by default.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. auto hide/show sidebar

I would like to be able to auto-hide/show the sidebar with the folder tree by hovering the cursor over it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. quote reply with > chevron indent (aka bottom-reply support)

In many forums (including standards and open source) bottom reply is preferred where the previous message is indented with chevrons (>). However Outlook for Mac forces top reply. This makes it incompatible with the community standards of the web.

Outlook should support an option (like it does for attribution at the top of the email) that enables quoted reply for html or text messages. Specifically, switching from html to text message should change the quoting from the blue bar to the chevrons automatically.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I suggest more care is taken to capture as-is settings

Just taken the new look Outlook for Mac; good show but did not carry over all my mailboxes; and rolled favourite folders back several weeks - frustrating.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. option tot rename subject - onderwerpregel kunnen wijzigen

option tot rename subject - onderwerpregel kunnen wijzigen

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow draft message deletion through key combination

When writing a draft message, allow quick deletion of the draft with a keystroke, such as Cmd-Delete, instead of requiring the mouse to be used on a button at the bottom of the screen. Historically, it opened a new window which I could just close with Cmd-W.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make "view with a dark/light background" follow the App/OS theme

In the New Outlook mode, 16.33 (19120401), on macOS Catalina, 10.15.2 Beta (19C56a), the option to view email with a light or dark background is great, but it would be awesome if it followed the App/OS theme.

For example, when the OS theme is dark, and Outlook is not set to always show light mode, it should automatically apply the "view with a dark background" setting, and allow the user to select "view with a light background" if they choose.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. unread next to replied/forwarded in Message List

Please could the symbols for unread, replied etc appear next to each other? Then I can see at a glance which email is unread and which I have replied to? Currently it is hard to tell at a glance

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. more formatting options on compose

The web client has the ability to style text as a quote, while the Windows client has the ability to add standard styles (Heading 1, Heading 2, etc.) which is similar to Windows/OSX version of Word.

It would be great to gain more style formatting options in this new Outlook for Mac.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Let me hide the Delete button when hovering on messages

To prevent accidental message deletions, allow me to remove the Delete button that appears when hovering on messages in Inbox.

Ideally, I could customize which buttons appear when hovering using a dialog similar to the toolbar customization dialog.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Acction buttons (Delete, archive and Flag) should be permanetly visible.

When the mouse pointer hovers over a message header, action buttons (Delete, Archive and Flag) appear, making it very easy to click on these buttons by mistake while trying to select a message to read.
    I believe the buttons are helpful, but it would be better if they were always visible and I would suggest either the far left or far right of the headers to place them.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. favourite folder bar next to the toolbar

favourite folder bar next to the toolbar

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix replies from search lists

When search results appear, if you right click and reply or reply all, the new message pane does not pop open or over, but the draft gets created and added to your drafts folder. Each time you try to click reply, it adds a new draft. So impossible to reply to a message that you have searched for.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base