OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let me hide the Delete button when hovering on messages

To prevent accidental message deletions, allow me to remove the Delete button that appears when hovering on messages in Inbox.

Ideally, I could customize which buttons appear when hovering using a dialog similar to the toolbar customization dialog.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Larger indicators for flags/categories for messages

Categories and Flags should have more visible color indicators- the minimal style is hard to parse visually as it can be in different places. If there is only one applied, then a full background color (like in the old days) would be wonderful. But even having a larger bar that is full height on the left side would be much more useful than the moving items we have now.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give both mark as read and mark as unread option when multiple emails are selected

When selecting multiple emails with varying read/unread statuses, only one option (mark as read/mark as unread) is available.

I'd like to have both options in the context menu.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for Online Archive policies

When using Online Archiving it would be useful to have access to the archive policies when right-clicking a folder or email.

In the 'old' Outlook for Mac client this feature was never supported but it is available in Outlook on the Web today.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix the focus / double click issue when opening emails

There is a bug that if you are not focused on Outlook, then double click an email you want to open, it opens the previously selected email. You then have to make sure you are focused in outlook, then double click the one you want.

Instead of doing that, it should focus the email you click, THEN open that email. It looks like the events are firing in the wrong order or something weird....

Try it for yourself. It's pretty irritating.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to Add Events in My Day

In the new My Day view if you could right click to add events and have the mini-event modal show up that would almost completely eliminate the need to go into the regular Calendar for some of your users.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add the Sweep feature from the web app

Sweep let's you quickly set up rules and filter emails into folders. It is the only way I can deal with a large volume of emails. Please bring it to the desktop app!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Folder Management for Gmail Accounts

I still cannot add folders and subfolders to my Gmail account, which is my main email account. I can with outlook.com and yahoo.com accounts but the function is greyed out for Gmail. This has been a longstanding issue with Outlook, will it ever be fixed.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. option tot rename subject - onderwerpregel kunnen wijzigen

option tot rename subject - onderwerpregel kunnen wijzigen

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Re: new email window – toolbar customization & refinements

Would love to be able to customize the toolbar in the New Email window, and/or make collapsible sections as an option. Additionally, some currently available tool buttons and labeling could you some refinements. A few thoughts:

1. When the new email window is smaller, the toolbar is cropped from the right side.

2. Many of the tools that take up a lot of toolbar real estate have commonly known key commands (say copy, paste, bold, italic), and it would be nice to hide them.

3. Add-ins themselves are always cropped when the window is a smaller size, since they're historically placed way over…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. quote reply with > chevron indent (aka bottom-reply support)

In many forums (including standards and open source) bottom reply is preferred where the previous message is indented with chevrons (>). However Outlook for Mac forces top reply. This makes it incompatible with the community standards of the web.

Outlook should support an option (like it does for attribution at the top of the email) that enables quoted reply for html or text messages. Specifically, switching from html to text message should change the quoting from the blue bar to the chevrons automatically.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. more formatting options on compose

The web client has the ability to style text as a quote, while the Windows client has the ability to add standard styles (Heading 1, Heading 2, etc.) which is similar to Windows/OSX version of Word.

It would be great to gain more style formatting options in this new Outlook for Mac.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Upgrade Searching for Contacts in the compose To: Field (Search the domain for contacts)

If I type "support" in the To: field, I get a contact suggestion for "support@microsoft.com"

I want to be able to type "microsoft" and get this suggestion as well. (As every other client I have ever tested already supports this...)

Throw in native integration with mac's contacts as well for extra credit.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Keep selected inbox view

I never work in the "all mail" view in Inbox, but mostly the "unread" or "flaged". Everytime I move "in and out" of the inbox, the view is reset and I have to select the view again. Please make sure the "setting" for the view is keept.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show archived emails in conversation

Archived emails do not show up in the conversation.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bring TouchBar Controls to the compact email composer

Loving the new compact view for composing emails but would love to have the TouchBar controls like in the bigger view.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. auto hide/show sidebar

I would like to be able to auto-hide/show the sidebar with the folder tree by hovering the cursor over it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make "view with a dark/light background" follow the App/OS theme

In the New Outlook mode, 16.33 (19120401), on macOS Catalina, 10.15.2 Beta (19C56a), the option to view email with a light or dark background is great, but it would be awesome if it followed the App/OS theme.

For example, when the OS theme is dark, and Outlook is not set to always show light mode, it should automatically apply the "view with a dark background" setting, and allow the user to select "view with a light background" if they choose.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base