OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize the Touch Bar

With the new Outlook for Mac starting new and waiting to be more like a native Mac application I would suggest allowing users to customize the Touch Bar options. Right now there are missing functions for the Touch Bar and the old version of Outlook for Mac did not allow for customization. It would be good to allow us to customize what functions we would like to have on the Touch Bar.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Font size choices

There is currently one font size choice setting in Outlook. Please add options for font sizes for the mail index, mail body, etc. Changing the size for the index will make the font size in the mail messages too large or too small, depending on the setting.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mail Clean Up

Add a Clean Up feature as the Windows version currently has to clear up any duplicate emails/unnecessary emails from conversation threads.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keep selected inbox view

I never work in the "all mail" view in Inbox, but mostly the "unread" or "flaged". Everytime I move "in and out" of the inbox, the view is reset and I have to select the view again. Please make sure the "setting" for the view is keept.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix the focus / double click issue when opening emails

There is a bug that if you are not focused on Outlook, then double click an email you want to open, it opens the previously selected email. You then have to make sure you are focused in outlook, then double click the one you want.

Instead of doing that, it should focus the email you click, THEN open that email. It looks like the events are firing in the wrong order or something weird....

Try it for yourself. It's pretty irritating.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. approval assistant support

Would like to be able to accept or deny approval emails for DL emails as I can in the browser or the Windows client. Most annoying as I need both the browser and Mac client open.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Attachments-permissions

Attachments, when saved to common user-facing folders (Downloads, Desktop, etc.), should have their permissions set to read and write (similar to current stable version of Outlook and most other email clients). Currently in "New" Outlook, when attachments are saved, saved, they have read-only permissions.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make delete confirmation from Junk folder optional

I would like to turn off confirmation when deleting from Junk folder. There does not seem to be a setting for it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Export email as pdf: filename should automatically be subject-title of that email

Automatically name an email which is printed as pdf-file as the subject title of that email

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bring TouchBar Controls to the compact email composer

Loving the new compact view for composing emails but would love to have the TouchBar controls like in the bigger view.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. im Dark Mode mantain top Bar with Colours!

im Dark Mode mantain top Bar with Colours! or option with change colour!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Re: new email window – toolbar customization & refinements

Would love to be able to customize the toolbar in the New Email window, and/or make collapsible sections as an option. Additionally, some currently available tool buttons and labeling could you some refinements. A few thoughts:

1. When the new email window is smaller, the toolbar is cropped from the right side.

2. Many of the tools that take up a lot of toolbar real estate have commonly known key commands (say copy, paste, bold, italic), and it would be nice to hide them.

3. Add-ins themselves are always cropped when the window is a smaller size, since they're historically placed way over…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In Inbox view, When Reading pane is set to None, let me peek into the mail on hover over, also show me a quick menu on left.

In Inbox view, When Reading pane is set to None, let me peek into the mail on hover over, also show me a quick menu on left. Essentially, today I click on email to see the content, then decide to reply or mark as read or delete or move. Instead, I would like a bigger inbox view with bigger peek area for mail and quick click less access to the menu. So, as I hover over an inbox item for a second, show me the email on right, show me the quick menu on left. I can move mouse on…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Folder Management for Gmail Accounts

I still cannot add folders and subfolders to my Gmail account, which is my main email account. I can with outlook.com and yahoo.com accounts but the function is greyed out for Gmail. This has been a longstanding issue with Outlook, will it ever be fixed.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Move the Flag icon slightly to the left.

When viewing the Flagged email list, scrolling causes the scroll bar to appear and overlap the Flag icon making it easy to inadvertently click the scroll bar (causing you to scroll half way down the list) when you meant to Flag or Unflag an email.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dual monitor support for Email Address dropdown

When I'm using more than one monitor and authoring a new email on the second monitor, the dropdown menu for quickly adding recently used email addresses (in the "To:" field) needs to display on the second monitor, as opposed to the primary monitor.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Folder pane forgets width setting

In the mail view the folders on left does not remember the width setting and needs constant resizing to see the folders

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base