OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Add back support for any IMAP Account

As of the June 8, 2020 release you only support Microsoft and Google mail accounts. Seriously? Please add back support for any standard IMAP account. This change makes this Mac version pretty much useless if you don't have one of those mail accounts.

1,024 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Working on it  ·  159 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to create local folders "on my computer" to save email to. Previous versions allowed this.

In the current version of Outlook for Mac, users can create folders "on my computer" to organise/drag/drop specific emails into. This functionality is not currently working in New Outlook for Mac.

495 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  89 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable New Mac Outlook for Exchange user

Hi, it is possible to active the new Outlook (Mac version) for exchange account ?
    Thanks in advance.

492 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  56 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Column headers in "new outlook"

Have an option to keep column headers in the inbox persistent rather than have to hover over them to show (to/from/sent/subject, etc) and also have the ability to add/remove columns

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. conversation settings sent

Please give us the option to turn off seeing Sent emails in conversation view. I can't stand seeing sent emails in a conversation view. If I want to find a sent email, I'll go to Sent Folder.

161 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 831 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  78 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. sort searched items

be able to sort searched emails by date/attachments/categories etc as have been able to do in previous versions

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add color coding for Mail accounts to easily distinguish between multiple accounts.

Add color coding for Mail account list to easily distinguish between multiple email accounts

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Return the ability to remove an attachment

The options with attachments are now Preview, Open, Save and the previous ability to save an attachment, then delete from the email so you can then save the email was really useful. You could then put the files (attachments where you wanted them) and also keep the email without the attachment. The loss of this is a major issue as it multiplies the size of your Mail folders.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Compose mail in main window should be an option in Preferences.

I know I can tap in open in new window, but having to press it everytime is tedious and prone to mistakes

355 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  44 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need email "View Source" back

"View Source" was an important tool for looking at the source (headers, body, servers, etc.) of a received message. It was in the context menu (right-click) but is no longer there. I could not find it in the menus either.

337 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  17 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Return Organize by Categories and Collapse/Expand All by Sorting method

I really do like the new design, but there are 2 fundamental features that made Outlook stand above all other email client and really make impractical to use the new Outlook at work for e-mail:
    I would like to request that these 2 features ( or similar new version) be added:
    - The Ability to organize by Categories
    - Able to Collapse/expand all e-mails by the selected sorting method
    The use of categories became irrelevant if you cannot organize or search emails by them, and if hundreds of e-mails every day, it is a nightmare not been able to collapse…

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support for contact lists (not contact groups!)

Support for contact lists from Outlook.com on the web.

I know contact groups (...@groups.outlook.com) are supported, but support for contact LISTS is also needed.

193 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  52 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sync limit

The new Outlook client seems to be limited to syncing six months of email. I can't find the sync limit anywhere. I keep switching between the two Outlook clients depending what I am searching for.

111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add the ability to recall an email as is possible with Office for Windows client

When sending an incorrect email add the ability to recall that email from all recipients as is possible with Office for Windows client.

235 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring back Advanced Search options (+ related Search issues)

My inbox is crazy, so the search bar is a large part of my process. Since upgrading to the new Outlook 16.41 for Mac, we've lost some major Search functionalities, including:

1. Relevance: When using multiple search terms to find a specific conversation, Outlook is now searching using "OR" logic instead of "AND" logic. Very frustrating when completely irrelevant results are appearing because they contain 1 of the 3 search terms/keywords (instead of all 3).

2. "Contains"/"Does Not Contain" functionality: So helpful when looking for emails from a specific organization (ex: "From" contains "@examplecompany.com") or specific sub-sets of emails (ex: "Subject" does…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add the feature "Paste Options"

Please add the options Keep Source Formatting, Match Formatting and keep Text Only.
    Also it would be nice to have keyboard shortcuts like cmd+shift+v to paste as Text Only.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Return Flag for Follow-up/Reminder

With the New Outlook for Mac, you seem to have removed the functionality to right-click on an email and set a reminder/flag/due date for a mail item. Can you please return this functionality? I found it especially useful for items that I could not act on at the moment but needed to follow back up with.

214 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  19 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Be able to sort emails by Category

I normally sort my folders by category, and the new outlook has no accommodation for this.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make the 'You replied to this email' bar clickable like previous Outlook versions

In the old Outlook version if you clicked on an email that you previously replied to a bar would appear at the top saying "You replied to this message" and if you clicked on that bar, you would be taken to your reply email. In the new Outlook, this bar still appears to show that you already responded to that email, but clicking on it does nothing. Can you fix this so that it's clickable again, to take the user directly to the reply?

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories