OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use native Apple Notifications on macOS

Please get rid of the pop ups notifications and switch to the native macOS style notifications.

223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Easy was to toggle Sidebar

There is no easy way to toggle the Sidebar, when extended/open, you need to go to the view menu but once collapsed/closed. there's a nice icon to extend it again.
    This icon should always be visible to the user.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client

New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client (these things should really be consistent).. it's much better to put all operation in the toolbar instead of randomly splitting this one off and segregating it by itself in the blue area... took me 5-10mins to find it 🙁

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add custom keyboard shortcuts

The ability to customise or use other keyboard shortcut schemes (e.g. Gmail) on the web app makes it 2x faster to process email. Please bring it to the desktop app!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow me to resize My Day to be narrower (meaning smaller/no margins)

My Day is useful but takes up too much space away from the reading pane and message list. Please allow me to resize My Day so that its left and right margins are tiny or non-existent. Currently the mandatory large margins take up about 4% of the total horizontal real estate of Outlook, and 22% of My Day. Instead of paying a 4% real estate tax on empty space, I'd prefer to make my reading pane 7%-10% wider which would mean less scrolling and improved productivity.

It's OK if the default margins are big like today, but if I opt…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Public folders Tool and view needs to come back

Literally can't even use the new Outlook now since we rely on this

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rearrange Accounts

I would love to be able to arrange my email accounts, like have them in the order I want instead of the automatic ordering from AtoZ.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. An account that used for sync - so I "login" to oulook so that preferences and accounts are synced across devices.

An account that used for sync - so I "login" to oulook so that preferences and accounts are synced across devices.

Identify which account is the "master"

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. List conditions for displaying the "New Outloook" switch. I'm on 16.33 (19112700) and don't have the option.

I'm on insiders fast, on Outlook version 16.33 (1911270) on Catalina 10.15.2, and there's no New Outlook switch, and the option isn't in "Help" either. If there conditions in which it's not available, that would have been good to know before updating to insiders fast.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Apply Zoom function to Messages Pane and My Day

When using Command with + or - it only zooms the reading pane text.
    Previously it zoomed all panes.
    I am using the Insider Fast Outlook for Mac currently. Version 16.33

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add badges to the sidenav when minimized.

Currently when you minimize the left navigation it shows the respective icons but does not show unread count for email or tasks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make new outlook experience available to non-365 users

Some of us use Office 2019 provided by our employers, but are not currently on Office 365. Would like to be able to test new features and provide feedback.. even with Fast Insider channel, the updates for the new experience are not available.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support for G-Suite accounts

Ful support for G-Suite accounts including resources (e.g. meeting rooms) when making appointments in the calendar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mini view

Be able to reduce the whole window to a single pane view listing last 5 emails, next 3 calendar appointments, and month calendar view. Kind of like the right calendar strip with minimized emails at the top

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Need more customization of column widths

Right now all the panes are quite large. Right now I pretty much have to use Outlook full screen if I want to get the folder list, message list, message body, and My Day all on the screen without having to do a ton of scrolling left and right on the message. Not sure if this should be fixed with the ability to change the font size in the folder list, auto-resize the calendar widget as we shrink the column size, a combination of those, something.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Junk Email Reading Pane

Option to make it permanent. Why does it go away?
    It's a pain to have to enable this every time I want to look at junk messages. Should behave as the other folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option to remove "Top Results" from search....

So far hasn't done anything useful to my search results, and is just extra clutter

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automate My Day View

Love the new MyDay but would be even better if in Day View an empty day auto closed the panel and visa-versa.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Move key action buttons (SEND, EDIT MEETING, CANCEL, ...) to the top of the windows

The key actions in views (like Reply to email, View meeting / event) like SEND, DISCARD, EDIT, CANCEL, ...) are placed at the bottom of the windows, not in the toolbar at the top.

This might be good for a mobile app (closer to your thumbs), but in a desktop app:

• They get lost: especially if you're replying to a "busy" HTML email with lots of images and colour, the buttons at the bottom can visually blend into the body of the email and be lost

• They're not where your mouse is: typically you're adding a reply to the top…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base