OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dark mode

Remove lines and different dark colours in dark mode. As it is the view looks very dated with more of a matrix / spreadsheet feel with light lines and darker headers . Again use MAC Mail as template

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve Usability by making it obvious which icon is a dropdown menu.

Improve usability by adding a dropdown arrow to the right of all of the icons that are dropdown menus. Currently I have to click on the icon and hope it's a dropdown menu.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give Power Users ability to change layout and restore old features

Older Mac Outlook and Entourage , like 2011, 2008, and older, gave power users the ability to add and remove columns and change the full layout. I for one would like to have the Size column back, since I do look at how large the email is, and delete attachments as needed.

At his point, the new Outlook is nearly laughable to power users. You have slowly removed features (at the same time telling us you've added features which are minor to nothing).

Yes, it is possible to have a universal Outlook client that works on Mac, iPad, and iPhone.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. the zoom for outlook add-in doesn't seem to be available in the new outlook for mac.

the zoom for outlook add-in doesn't seem to be available in the new outlook for mac. i use this a lot, so i will switch back to the old outlook.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Notifications - time options

Put time limits on outlook iOS app notifications.

I want/need notifications during the day but not at all hours of day or night

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add macOS extensions

Please add support for a system level extension that enables sending mail from Finder and also from Safari.
    Also, add a today widget that displays upcoming appointments.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix the Search and I have run a the same all mailboxes search in apple mail and I get the results

Please improve the search, for example I have tried to search a person, this person was on an email ad a receiptant but not the sender and I have selected to search all mailboxes, it would be awesome if the search really could find it. I did the same test in apple mail and it found the emails. so I search for Kevin Smith, it should find anything to do with Kevin Smith, TO, FROM, subject, attachments with the file name as that, etc. Then you should have easy buttons sort those results by TO, FROM or Subject or All,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Need more customization of column widths

Right now all the panes are quite large. Right now I pretty much have to use Outlook full screen if I want to get the folder list, message list, message body, and My Day all on the screen without having to do a ton of scrolling left and right on the message. Not sure if this should be fixed with the ability to change the font size in the folder list, auto-resize the calendar widget as we shrink the column size, a combination of those, something.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Junk Email Reading Pane

Option to make it permanent. Why does it go away?
    It's a pain to have to enable this every time I want to look at junk messages. Should behave as the other folders.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Touchbar typing predictions (Touchbar typing suggestions)

Please implement Touchbar typing suggestions

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow contextual default search context customization

Allow contextual default search context customization. From the inbox, I would like to search the entire mailbox. From other folders, I would like to search the current folder. This feature is available in Outlook for Windows.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. respect the OS settings for double clicking an application windows title bar

Not so much an idea, as much as it is an expected behavior - but in my OS settings (Settings>Dock), I have selected the option to "minimize" an application window when the title bar is double clicked. macOS default behavior is to expand the application window, but I have set it to minimize.

I would like Outlook to use the system preferences that I have set.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make the my day tab open smaller at the side of the page.

It used to take up a small part of the right-hand side of the display, however now whenever it opens it takes up half of my display, shrinking the tab in the middle for reading emails. I never felt the need to move it around before, but now i have to drag it around to a usable size every time i open outlook. I have a screenshot if the devs want to see what I mean.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please keep the existing "legacy" Outlook Ribbon menu style

Hi. Firstly, I absolutely love all the new Outlook features (particularly the search) but I really miss the ribbon menu.

The current versions of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook have a great consistent look and feel and the current "legacy" Outlook ribbon gives me quick access access to what I need over MacOS pulldown menus and a "slightly" customisable new Outlook toolbar

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. get the display proportions correct

Font sizing and UI sizing is all over the place. Somone needs to spend some time on getting the look proportionally correct. Right sidebar is huge compared to the other UI elements.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client

New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client (these things should really be consistent).. it's much better to put all operation in the toolbar instead of randomly splitting this one off and segregating it by itself in the blue area... took me 5-10mins to find it 🙁

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make an even smaller text option than the current smallest.

Simply to add greater range to the current text size slider, particularly on the smaller side. Would be great to have one or even two smaller steps as options to select.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base