My first ever encounter with New Outlook
First few hours with New Outlook and the list keeps growing,
Unsupported basic features:
1. On My Computer
2. Shared Folders/Inbox
5. Address Book nowhere to be found – How to look up anyone or room in active directory?
6. iCal file cannot be added as an appointment to the Calendar
1. Unless the user is smart to customize toolbars in all different places there is no way to find any basic functionality that was easily available in the Ribbon and/or Toolbar in current/old Outlook. Super intuitive design idea by UI team!
Sidebar (One that shows Inboxes and folders):
1. When hidden, no way to quickly switch the folders
Mail list with Reading Pane on Right:
1. Font size in the mail list is large taking up the real estate
2. Setting font size to smaller using Preferences > Font, make the font smaller but also the font in the reading pane become micro size to even read
3. Limited filter and sort options
4. With conversation view enabled, selecting the conversation group header auto expands the thread in the mail list against showing the threads in the reading pane as it does in OWA and native Apple Mail client
5. Right click menu missing “Resend” option
Compose New Message:
1. No way to toggle Cc: and Bcc:. Once you click on both you can turn them off.
2. Address book look up not available
3. Text formatting options do not have super and subscripts in the toolbar (I know we can right click and go to Font formatting and all…). In general, the toolbar should be similar to on in Microsoft Word
4. Clear All formatting has weird icon; why don’t use the same icon that is used in all Office apps?
5. Insert Table: Once table is inserted there are no options to format the table as is available in the current/old Outlook. Not having the Ribbon is limiting most of the good functionality that was already available
6. Only way to open the new compose message in a separate window is to first get the compose message in the reading pane then use that tiny icon on the right to pop out as a separate window and unfortunately the new pop out window UI is that of old Outlook ☹, huh? Basics gone wrong!!
1. No toolbar, hence, keep looking…
2. If you are smart then right click to switch the views, and once you are in list view then good luck to get back to the week view (Only way possible is to go to the Menu > View or if you know all the shortcuts