Return Organize by Categories and Collapse/Expand All by Sorting method
I really do like the new design, but there are 2 fundamental features that made Outlook stand above all other email client and really make impractical to use the new Outlook at work for e-mail:
I would like to request that these 2 features ( or similar new version) be added:
- The Ability to organize by Categories
- Able to Collapse/expand all e-mails by the selected sorting method
The use of categories became irrelevant if you cannot organize or search emails by them, and if hundreds of e-mails every day, it is a nightmare not been able to collapse by the sorting method.
The focus Inbox does not replace those features.
I absolutely need to be able to sort my inbox by categories. The absence of this feature makes the new Outlook for Mac unusable for me.
Ben Johnson commented
Yes! I really want the ability to sort and group by category as we could in the previous client. I use my school email for school and for my job at the school, so I categorize emails related to my job and leave everything else uncategorized. This helps me separate school and work. I can't easily filter out my work emails with this new client like I could in the old one. As this user shared, I would like the ability to group emails into categories again, and then collapse those groups with a carrot icon in the header.
1. Just to be clear... we need to be able to easily collapse one grouping (on the header please, no right click).
2. And then we need the functionality to be able to Collapse ALL! (Probably a right-click - that's OK).
3. PLUS... you have copied the poor use of date grouping from Outlook for Windows. Outlook for Mac (old) would always show groupings for last seven days.
Now, on a Monday morning (when I desperately want to close last week, I only get "Today" and "Last week."
As someone who works professionally in both Windows and Mac clients (personally only Mac), I often use my Mac for Outlook on a Monday morning... but levitate back to Windows later in the week.
I second this, especially being able to expand/collapse emails sent in a specific time period, for instance, collapse all emails sent this week so it's easier to find something I know I send further bac. Thanks!