OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Where did the unified inbox go

What happened to my unified inbox? I check 3 inboxes all day, use this view exclusively. Not very happy to see it leave.

567 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    72 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for O365 Add-Ins

These are 3 ideas, so we will be splitting them.
    Outlook for Mac PM Team

Bullet #2 is talking about O365 add-ins which is currently being worked on.

--- Original description below ---
    1) remove the "my day" as the default right column in the calendar view. This is redundant.

2) Please include the other old ribbon options in the new toolbar that enterprises may have installed such as "reply with meeting poll" "send recognition", "report email" (used in corp environments for phishing, etc).

3) As many have requested for years, please add the ability for Mac users to reply…

305 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    53 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Move the send button to the top bar

It would be helpful to either completely move, or at least add a send button to the top bar when composing an email. When all of the actions except send are at the top it seems quite odd and confusing to have to go to the very bottom to actually send a message. Another idea is to possibly shrink the composure box so it isn't so far away.

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Based on all your feedback, we’re rolling out Send and Discard buttons in the Toolbar for Nested Compose. We will be offering these buttons in both the Toolbar and bottom of the compose pane for the time being as we gather more feedback. Please let us know what you think! Thanks

4. Add option to include a Teams meeting by default on all new meeting requests

It seems that meetings are sent accidentally without an online meeting being added to the invite. When the meeting starts, people don't have any meeting info to join the meeting, which causes unnecessary chaos.

It would be great if there was an option to include a Teams meeting by default on all new meeting requests that are created.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

New setting under Calendar preferences to “Add online meeting to all meetings” is now in the latest Insider Fast builds of the new Outlook. When creating a new event, the online meeting toggle will switch to the on position after adding an attendee. Try it out and let us know what you think. Thanks!

5. make it possible to sort the favorite folders

With more than 10 favorites, it is a must to put it in the order you choose.

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Create event from mail is now available in the new Outlook! You can choose to create a meeting (recipients added as attendees) or appointment (no attendees) via message list context menu, top message menu, or customize your toolbar to include these actions. Please update to the latest Insider Fast update and try it out. Thanks!

7. Tab key while Composing Email

After pressing the tab key to go out of the Subject field of a new email, please focus on the body of the email, not the Font and font size.

Current tab-key sequence: To --> Subject --> Font --> Font Size --> Body
    Suggested sequence: To --> Subject --> Body

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Now available in Insider Fast, tab order will make only one stop in the formatting toolbar (on font). Arrow key is now used to navigate buttons in formatting toolbar. The next tab goes to the message body. Please try it out and let us know what you think. Thanks for all the feedback!

8. List of recently used folders for Move

Please restore the list of recently used folders that drops down from the Move folder. If I have to manually choose a folder every time I click that button, it's actually easier to drop the email to a folder in the sidebar.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please make "Rules" easier to find in the new version.

Please make "Rules" easier to find in the new version.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. read receipts

Please bring read receipts to new Outlook

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Read and Delivery Receipts support is now available in the latest Insider Fast update of the new Outlook for Mac. Receipts options can be added in the compose toolbar (via customization) or via the top Draft menu. Please try and report any issues via Help > Contact Support. Thanks.

11. Can't change the Account Description for each mailbox used in Outlook!

In previous versions of Outlook for Mac, I could edit the Account Description for each mailbox under Preferences > Accounts. Now, that field is locked. As a result, each mailbox or folder that I pin to Favorites now lists the full e-mail address instead of my shorthand for each account. The Favorites area of the screen is cluttered, and I have to make the column wider in order to differentiate between each Favorite (because I need a sufficient amount of space to show all of the extra text). Also, I can no longer arrange the Favorites, but must instead have…

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Snooze / Schedule emails please!

Simple. Please implement Snooze / Schedule of emails.

Super frustrating to have resort to going to the iOS app to do this.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Compact view that shows more emails without scrolling when preview is on the right

The email summary on the left has a lot of visual noise and white space around email entries. As a user, I want to be able to scan my inbox, but with all the UI chrome I can only see 10-12 entries without scrolling. This is despite 'small' font selected.

Outlook should have a compact view (even when preview on the right is open) that allows 3-4x more emails without scrolling. The one line summary is nice ,but should be optional. the whitespace above and below the ruled line should be minimized and eliminated.

The compact layout should also adjust…

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

View more emails in your message list. Two new settings are now available in the latest Insider Fast update (16.36.20032300): the first is “Display Density” which offers “Compact” and “Medium” and the second is “Show Message Previews” which toggles the beginning of the message body in the list. Both options are in the top View menu and Reading settings in Outlook preferences. Give these options a try. Thanks.

14. Bring back the ability to sort and resize columns in mail for "New Outlook:

It would be good to bring back the ability to resize columns in "New Outlook" since I'd like to see more of the message title and less of the sender.
    It would also be good to be able to change the colum order, or move the delete/archive flag column back to the left. In the current order, I keep accidentally deleting messages, something I never did when that column was at the left.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please try out the latest Insider Fast build (16.41.20080203) for the ability to resize columns and sort columns by clicking on header. First hover over the message list header to view the column headers, and then resize or change sort order.

Please use separate issue for column customization (choosing columns and reordering). Thanks!

15. Easy was to toggle Sidebar

There is no easy way to toggle the Sidebar, when extended/open, you need to go to the view menu but once collapsed/closed. there's a nice icon to extend it again.
    This icon should always be visible to the user.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add support for trackpad gestures

I'm sure it's coming, but the app needs increased support for trackpad gestures. Actions like swiping to delete a message, and navigating through the calendar are super important.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Trackpad swipe gestures are now available in the message list for triage actions like Delete and Flag. Plus new actions like Snooze and Read & Archive are available. Configure swipe gestures in Reading preferences (Outlook > Preferences…). Please update to the latest Insider Fast build and try it out! Thanks.

17. Use trackpad to swipe between days/weeks/months

Please can you enable the ability to swipe through tech calendar in the same way that you can with the default Apple calendar

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support for People / Contacts

Support for People / Contacts view

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. room finder

Without room finder new outlook for Mac isn't desirable to use - if it's there it's not obvious how to get at it

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please add the "Category" as an option in the e-mail filter and search

Please add the "Category" as an option in the e-mail filter - as well as in the search function. This is needed to support the "Getting Things Done".

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories