OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Use native Apple Notifications on macOS

Please get rid of the pop ups notifications and switch to the native macOS style notifications.

1,157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  28 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable New Mac Outlook for Exchange user

Hi, it is possible to active the new Outlook (Mac version) for exchange account ?
    Thanks in advance.

234 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  31 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 433 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  37 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it possible to create local folders "on my computer" to save email to. Previous versions allowed this.

In the current version of Outlook for Mac, users can create folders "on my computer" to organise/drag/drop specific emails into. This functionality is not currently working in New Outlook for Mac.

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. conversation settings sent

Please give us the option to turn off seeing Sent emails in conversation view. I can't stand seeing sent emails in a conversation view. If I want to find a sent email, I'll go to Sent Folder.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need email "View Source" back

"View Source" was an important tool for looking at the source (headers, body, servers, etc.) of a received message. It was in the context menu (right-click) but is no longer there. I could not find it in the menus either.

245 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add color coding for Mail accounts to easily distinguish between multiple accounts.

Add color coding for Mail account list to easily distinguish between multiple email accounts

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Compose mail in main window should be an option in Preferences.

I know I can tap in open in new window, but having to press it everytime is tedious and prone to mistakes

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  21 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add the ability to recall an email as is possible with Office for Windows client

When sending an incorrect email add the ability to recall that email from all recipients as is possible with Office for Windows client.

146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sync limit

The new Outlook client seems to be limited to syncing six months of email. I can't find the sync limit anywhere. I keep switching between the two Outlook clients depending what I am searching for.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Tasks follow up options

Add these “Follow up” pre-set options for Tasks: “in 3/4/5/6 days”. Also make “Custom date” selectable for multiple listed tasks simultaneously.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Use native contacts on macOS

The recent update enabled contacts however they are exactly the same as always, I still cannot access my apple contacts from within Outlook which means there is no way to store my iPhone and Outlook contacts in one place (I sync these across from iOS too)

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add back support for any POP Account

As of the June 8, 2020 release you only support Microsoft and Google mail accounts. Seriously? Please add back support for any standard POP account.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Return Flag for Follow-up/Reminder

With the New Outlook for Mac, you seem to have removed the functionality to right-click on an email and set a reminder/flag/due date for a mail item. Can you please return this functionality? I found it especially useful for items that I could not act on at the moment but needed to follow back up with.

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Need plugins immediately for Google meet, Zoom, WebEx, Bluejeans and RingCentral

Need plugins immediately for Google meet, Zoom, WebEx, Bluejeans and RingCentral

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Put back the conversation icon/button

Please put back the conversation icon/button when reading emails. it is on the current published version of outlook, but not on the beta.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. resend

Ooops - did we lose the 'Resend' option for sent messages?

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support for contact lists (not contact groups!)

Support for contact lists from Outlook.com on the web.

I know contact groups (...@groups.outlook.com) are supported, but support for contact LISTS is also needed.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Return Organize by Categories and Collapse/Expand All by Sorting method

I really do like the new design, but there are 2 fundamental features that made Outlook stand above all other email client and really make impractical to use the new Outlook at work for e-mail:
    I would like to request that these 2 features ( or similar new version) be added:
    - The Ability to organize by Categories
    - Able to Collapse/expand all e-mails by the selected sorting method
    The use of categories became irrelevant if you cannot organize or search emails by them, and if hundreds of e-mails every day, it is a nightmare not been able to collapse…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Color Coding email accounts

Like Spark Mail, or Canary Mail, the ability to color code email accounts. Would appear color coded in left nav bar and also with an indicator in email list.

Why? Makes it real easy to see what account an email came in to.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base