OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Create Reminders From Outlook

Just like Apple Mail, it would be nice if the reminders created from Outlook through share function could have a link back to the Outlook message, just like it happens on native Mail app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to remove "Top Results" from search....

So far hasn't done anything useful to my search results, and is just extra clutter

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show archived emails in conversation

Archived emails do not show up in the conversation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back hilighting all emails with same subject when not using conversation view

Outlook for MAC

In several versions back, I requested to bring back highlighting emails that contain same subject when not using conversation view. It got several supporting comments, but eventually got a response of something like, not in the direction we wish to go.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support for G-Suite accounts

Ful support for G-Suite accounts including resources (e.g. meeting rooms) when making appointments in the calendar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Calendar layout wasteful

Calendar has a lot of whitespace around regions, making the core event presentation far more squished than it needs to be. In the left column I can view a month mini calendar and a list of calendars, but there seems to be very little sizing flexibility. If I view two months atop, the list at the bottom becomes almost useless. The window title bar is now over crowded with controls and search box--finding a place to grab and relocate it or make it foreground with the mouse is no longer a simple task. There is no simple go to date…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. auto hide/show sidebar

I would like to be able to auto-hide/show the sidebar with the folder tree by hovering the cursor over it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow draft message deletion through key combination

When writing a draft message, allow quick deletion of the draft with a keystroke, such as Cmd-Delete, instead of requiring the mouse to be used on a button at the bottom of the screen. Historically, it opened a new window which I could just close with Cmd-W.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Display All items in List View in Calendar.

Currently limits to display items for the day / work week / week / month , will be good to be able look at items in calendar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More flag colors

I use flags not just for follow ups but to help categorize items. More colors would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support tags

Outlook could use tagging. Multiple tags per email would be ideal, this would help with searching and having smart searches based on tags.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Delete group messages

I should be able to delete messages that are in a group mailbox without having to go to the web client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Export email as pdf: filename should automatically be subject-title of that email

Automatically name an email which is printed as pdf-file as the subject title of that email

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The trash can icon on the message line can cause lost emails

I've noticed some of my emails were disappearing when I clicked on them. I found out I would by chance quickly click where the trash can icon was and delete the email. Can that somehow be changed, removed from that location?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Conversation view - change in behavior

In conversation view, when there are multiple unread mails, when tried to view, it goes by default to the latest one. Earlier it used to go to the first unread mail in that conversation

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. respect the OS settings for double clicking an application windows title bar

Not so much an idea, as much as it is an expected behavior - but in my OS settings (Settings>Dock), I have selected the option to "minimize" an application window when the title bar is double clicked. macOS default behavior is to expand the application window, but I have set it to minimize.

I would like Outlook to use the system preferences that I have set.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base