OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Conversation view - change in behavior

In conversation view, when there are multiple unread mails, when tried to view, it goes by default to the latest one. Earlier it used to go to the first unread mail in that conversation

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to copy or drag and drop copy meeting time block to another time or day appears not be enabled in this new UI

Ability to copy or drag and drop copy meeting time block to another time or day

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make links to online meetings available from the notification

When a meeting contains a link to an online meeting (GTM, Zoom, etc), display the link in the notification so the event doesn't have to be opened to join the meeting. I'd rather the notification just be native, but if not at least there's a reason to not use MacOS's notification system

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Imported Calendar Categories

When adding or importing a shared calendar, the categories of those calendar (and their colors) do not show up on "New Outlook". It shows otherwise when switching off "New Outlook" and restarting the app. The categories also show up fine online.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow editing calendar invites without sending

In Outlook on Windows I can edit a calendar invite after receiving it or having the meeting, but cannot do this in Outlook on Mac.

I use my calendar to record my time as actually used. So two scenrios supported on Outlook for Windows are not in Outlook for Mac:
    1. I receive an invite, and the meeting went longer than scheduled. I would like to adjust the meeting at a later point to reflect the additional time, but cannot do that without sending a response to the person who created the invite. I do not want to do that,…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. My Day Pref - Show/Hide Location row

It would be nice if this view could be changed by the user. For example at the moment mine shows the event time, the duration, the event name and the location. The location shows the address which takes up 4 lines of type. While this is nice to have and is neatly laid out, my prference would be to toggle the location off with a nearby button or dropdown with toggle choices, to have some choice as to what is displayed here. The trade-off benefit is having more calendar events displayed.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Favorites Pane

In Windows you can scroll through the folders on the left pane and the favorites stay at the top. On MAC the favorites is the same pane as all the other folders so it scrolls too. I use favorites so I can quickly drag from a favorite folder to another folder and go back and forth quickly viewing each. The need to scroll makes this more difficult.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remember Outlook window position

Each time when I start Outlook it opens on the main screen with a random size window. Ideally, I would love to see it in the exact same location and size as it was before I quit it e.g. fullscreen on the second monitor.
    Thank you.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a tool bar to the calendar view in the new Outlook for Mac UI.

On the new Calendar UI within Outlook for Mac add toolbar options (can still be simplified) but i cant seem to add a calendar category on the fly for instance within the calendar view, i need to open up each meeting - same goes for adding "show as"

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include archive, delete, and flag buttons in mail notifications

When the notification window is displayed for new incoming email, please include buttons to quickly archive, delete, or flag the new incoming email without having to go to the main outlook window. It would be nice to be able to quickly delete incoming email if we don't want to read it, right from the notification display.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Give both mark as read and mark as unread option when multiple emails are selected

When selecting multiple emails with varying read/unread statuses, only one option (mark as read/mark as unread) is available.

I'd like to have both options in the context menu.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Default system font (SF instead of Calibri) when composing or reading mails

Pls use standard mac system fonts everywhere and forget Calibri (or make it as a choice but pls not force it as default font) and use similar font weight and style as in Outlook iOS.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Font size choices

There is currently one font size choice setting in Outlook. Please add options for font sizes for the mail index, mail body, etc. Changing the size for the index will make the font size in the mail messages too large or too small, depending on the setting.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show total / count of emails in any folders? Where has this gone!

Office you had this in the last Mac version, latest release I can't see how many items / emails are in the folder I'm in? This really needs to be there

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Re: new email window – toolbar customization & refinements

Would love to be able to customize the toolbar in the New Email window, and/or make collapsible sections as an option. Additionally, some currently available tool buttons and labeling could you some refinements. A few thoughts:

1. When the new email window is smaller, the toolbar is cropped from the right side.

2. Many of the tools that take up a lot of toolbar real estate have commonly known key commands (say copy, paste, bold, italic), and it would be nice to hide them.

3. Add-ins themselves are always cropped when the window is a smaller size, since they're historically placed way over…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The new look should not reduce functionality. We should still be able to use block sender or leverage mail header analyzer etc.

The new look should not reduce functionality. We should still be able to use block sender or leverage mail header analyzer etc.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make delete confirmation from Junk folder optional

I would like to turn off confirmation when deleting from Junk folder. There does not seem to be a setting for it.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sending of emails from the "share" menu

I suggest to implement the sending of emails from the "share" menu on macOS as soon as possible. It is an extremely useful featur.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The ability to initiate a Teams Chat from an outlook contact

When viewing the Contact Card of an email recipient (clicking the recipient's name/address) there is an option to initiate a chat with the individual. However, this appears to default to Skype. However, Teams is my primary chat agent. I assume since Skype is set to sunset, Teams will be integrated, but in the interim, a user should be allowed to set their preferred default chat agent is. Since I don't use Skype, this initiate chat action is useless, but a much needed/desired feature.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 57 58
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories