OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. quote reply with > chevron indent (aka bottom-reply support)

In many forums (including standards and open source) bottom reply is preferred where the previous message is indented with chevrons (>). However Outlook for Mac forces top reply. This makes it incompatible with the community standards of the web.

Outlook should support an option (like it does for attribution at the top of the email) that enables quoted reply for html or text messages. Specifically, switching from html to text message should change the quoting from the blue bar to the chevrons automatically.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Impossible to drag-to-copy between two calendars (use to work in classic)

Can't drag to copy between two calendars anymore.
    Used to work in classic outlook.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Archive email instead of delete when ignoring conversation

When "ignoring conversation" it deletes the emails the next coming ones.
    Ignoring doesn't mean I want to delete them, but just ignore.

I think archiving is more appropriate that deleting.
    Or at least have the possibility to choose in the preferences.

Giving a use case:
    - Someone sends an email with an information about a new release of an upstream system to a wide audience (not the best, but still a lot people do...)
    - I got the info, I'm interested by the info so I want to keep it (in archive, so searchable)
    - Several people will reply asking…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep selected inbox view

I never work in the "all mail" view in Inbox, but mostly the "unread" or "flaged". Everytime I move "in and out" of the inbox, the view is reset and I have to select the view again. Please make sure the "setting" for the view is keept.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. few items: I cannot extend the width of the columns. I cannot turn off the 1 line email preview (the option is greyed out in the menu).

few items: I cannot extend the width of the columns. I cannot turn off the 1 line email preview (the option is greyed out in the menu).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unify the look of the sidebar on Mac and iOS.

Pls apply the same design on the mac app's sidebar as it's already seen on the iOS and iPad OS app versions.
    But it's already designed and shared with the public around 2 years ago:
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/16/16481190/microsoft-outlook-windows-mac-redesign-features

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unread Emails Filter Button in Toolbar

I am loving the new look of Outlook for Mac. I think it's a long-overdue overhaul to the interface. The team has done a great job and I'm getting used to the new interface. One small ask for the development team...

Please add a button/option to the toolbar (along with reply, reply all, forward, forward as attachment... etc.) that will allow email to be filtered to Unread Emails only. That would be a huge help. I LOVE that feature in Outlook for iOS.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Need more customization of column widths

Right now all the panes are quite large. Right now I pretty much have to use Outlook full screen if I want to get the folder list, message list, message body, and My Day all on the screen without having to do a ton of scrolling left and right on the message. Not sure if this should be fixed with the ability to change the font size in the folder list, auto-resize the calendar widget as we shrink the column size, a combination of those, something.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Re: new email window – toolbar customization & refinements

Would love to be able to customize the toolbar in the New Email window, and/or make collapsible sections as an option. Additionally, some currently available tool buttons and labeling could you some refinements. A few thoughts:

1. When the new email window is smaller, the toolbar is cropped from the right side.

2. Many of the tools that take up a lot of toolbar real estate have commonly known key commands (say copy, paste, bold, italic), and it would be nice to hide them.

3. Add-ins themselves are always cropped when the window is a smaller size, since they're historically placed way over…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. share

New Outlook doesn't send email when using "share document" option through Office Mac Apps

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Move key action buttons (SEND, EDIT MEETING, CANCEL, ...) to the top of the windows

The key actions in views (like Reply to email, View meeting / event) like SEND, DISCARD, EDIT, CANCEL, ...) are placed at the bottom of the windows, not in the toolbar at the top.

This might be good for a mobile app (closer to your thumbs), but in a desktop app:

• They get lost: especially if you're replying to a "busy" HTML email with lots of images and colour, the buttons at the bottom can visually blend into the body of the email and be lost

• They're not where your mouse is: typically you're adding a reply to the top…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Modify the ribbon in compose mode

Please, please let me customize the ribbon in compose view. When "switch background" got added, it pushed "Signatures" off the screen in full-screen mode. Now it's a five-click process to add a single signature and send a message (right arrow, signature, specific signature, left-arrow, send) versus three (signatures, specific, send).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Attachments-permissions

Attachments, when saved to common user-facing folders (Downloads, Desktop, etc.), should have their permissions set to read and write (similar to current stable version of Outlook and most other email clients). Currently in "New" Outlook, when attachments are saved, saved, they have read-only permissions.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to View Messages a Straight List

Instead of breaking them by Today, Yesterday, Last Week etc, I would like to be able to them as a list with a proper Date column

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add white color to categories

Re-add white to category color or set "none" to white/no color

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make new outlook experience available to non-365 users

Some of us use Office 2019 provided by our employers, but are not currently on Office 365. Would like to be able to test new features and provide feedback.. even with Fast Insider channel, the updates for the new experience are not available.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Publish the release date for new Outlook UI

Please publish the estimated release date for new Outlook UI.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a "Now" line to the Agenda View

When in the Mail view, the calendar Agenda View list doesn't give any indicator of what's coming up next. If you have 20 items in the day, opening the page or clicking the Today button scrolls to the top of the day instead of showing what time it is and what's coming up next. The Day View has the indicator, but that should be carried over to the Agenda view as well as bringing that line to the top of the list.

There is a preference to hide past items, but this line should appear when showing all agenda items.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base