OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Fix quick creating new event in Calendar

When clicking button for 'New Event' upper left corner, all event features are available, and default settings from Preferences are followed. However if you double click on a time in the calendar to create a new event, the options are limited (unable to set status as 'Tentative', unable to set Reminder which is stuck at 15 minutes by default--not respecting the Preferences.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add feature already in Windows (Previous/Next)

Mirror Windows version function related to "After moving or deleting an open item" and the option to return, open previous or next. Also, add previous/next buttons to email windows.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support of MAC standard keyboard shortcuts

On MacOS you've standardised keystrokes when moving the cursor or editing text. It's very inefficient and distracting, that Outlook is not following this standard.

One example:
    System wide you can use Ctrl-a to jump to the beginning of a line
    In Outlook it selects all text. -> Very problematic for people who can write fast.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Connection status

In Outlook, could you pls bring back Connection Status either in status bar or another property in Customize toolbar whether this connection is Online/ Offline. It is hard to see in first sight if there is any network challenge.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. vCards contact transfer

The ability to transfer a contact in vCard format has disappeared in the new Outlook. Could you put it back?

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Junk block sender

Junk Mail/Block Sender

Using a MAC:

The function that allows to block senders is no longer available. I've also been receiving an abundant amount of SPAM lately since switching over to the "new look".

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. WebEx Integration

The new Outlook for Mac (The one with preview of upcoming UI and "Enhancements") does not support WebEx plugin in the Meeting toolbar. It worked fine prior to upgrading/switching. After switching to the "New Outlook", the button is missing from the toolbar.

When I select to "Get Add-Ins...", from the Ribbon/Customize Toolbar ellipsis menu, I can find the "Cisco Webex Meetings Scheduler" add-in but it will not install. I get an error message saying "Sorry, we can't complete this operation right now. Please try again later."

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Customize the Touch Bar

With the new Outlook for Mac starting new and waiting to be more like a native Mac application I would suggest allowing users to customize the Touch Bar options. Right now there are missing functions for the Touch Bar and the old version of Outlook for Mac did not allow for customization. It would be good to allow us to customize what functions we would like to have on the Touch Bar.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. create New Collaboration group in new outlook in macOS

There is no feature to support Groups or contact lists in new Outlook for macOS. When you switch from old to new, the Lists are not visible and neither can one create new lists

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make links to online meetings available from the notification

When a meeting contains a link to an online meeting (GTM, Zoom, etc), display the link in the notification so the event doesn't have to be opened to join the meeting. I'd rather the notification just be native, but if not at least there's a reason to not use MacOS's notification system

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Folder pane forgets width setting

In the mail view the folders on left does not remember the width setting and needs constant resizing to see the folders

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Match the window size to screen.

When the Agenda/ My Day tab is open, replying to an email somehow forces the window to expand past the edge of the screen and there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust this in the settings.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Give us the ability to subscribe to other internet based calendars

Please give us the ability to subscribe to any url based calendar feeds. I've been able to use the feature in Google Calendar and would love the ability to subscribe to my personal calendars with my work calendars in the Outlook client to have a consolidated view of my different areas of focus.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add format painter to in-window email composer

Can you please add the format painter to the in-window email composer. I use it all the time to fix formatting on text copied in from other sources, and it is a pain to have to pop out the window just to access that function

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. KQL search

Need easy KQL search help guide and saved searches of the same. This to more easily allow AND/OR/NOT and other more complex email searches along with the ability to save them. The older Mac client allows extensive use of "Smart Folders" and use of "raw query" utilizing Mac's spotlight search syntax.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add option to remove email date groups in inbox

I keep a pretty clean inbox, and while I like the overall design of thew new Outlook's Inbox area a lot of screen space is wasted to these "This week", "Last week", etc" identifiers that are just not needed.

Please let me turn them off, like you could in old Outlook (via unchecking "Show in Groups" setting).

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Stop changing the search default to "Current Mailbox"

When trying to sort through my mailbox I often rely on searching for emails of a certain type within the current folder. There are times where this is needs to be done multiple times. Having the Search to continually go back to "Current Mailbox" even after changing to "Current Folder" is very annoying.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Calendar colors

Please allow for custom colors for calendars, or at least add more colors for calendars

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Font size choices

There is currently one font size choice setting in Outlook. Please add options for font sizes for the mail index, mail body, etc. Changing the size for the index will make the font size in the mail messages too large or too small, depending on the setting.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Filter Calendar by Category

My calendar is typically VERY full with overlapping things. I use categories to keep it all straight. PLEASE add the ability to view my calendar one category at a time (the checkboxes on the left-side under the calendar name). PLEASE!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base