OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Make monthly Calendar printouts better.

Allow landscape printing, and include much more detail for each entry. Windows version is great. This Mac version is not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring the aesthetics of Outlook for mac to windows PC too as the design is beautiful

Bring the aesthetics of Outlook for mac to windows PC too as the design is beautiful

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow copying emails or contents in rules

The only feature I miss is where I cannot copy entries of a rule

For example I have a list of "n" emails which gets excluded form all filters, it may need copying that data into other rules as and when I update the list, but in this new version/look copying 1 email is an option but not multiple entries from the same rule condition.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When you locate a message using the search function, the content of the message does not show up.

The search isn't very helpful because you can't see the content in the messages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Mailbox headers are fixed and limited to 3 fields (Sender, Subject and Date). Should be customizable

Add other headers (e.g., by Importance, Category) and rearrange order

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Emails von Account zu Account bewegen

Hallo,
    Wir haben ein gemeinsames Firmenkonto und jeder hat seine eigene Adresse.
    Projektbezogene emails werden im gemeinsamen Konto abgelegt.
    Beim alten Outlook konnte man Emails von Account zu Account bewegen. Im neuen ist das nicht mehr möglich. Mir fehlt diese Funktion auch am iPhone. Wird das wieder möglich werden?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Efficient space usage

The new outlook for Mac has some improvements, but space usage/density has gotten much worse. Using it on a 1920x1200 laptop display with anything less than the full screen is almost unusable. When restricting it to half of the screen it is not possible to reduce the "From" column to anything less than half the available space, making the subject field (arguable way more important) only show a few words. Additionally smallest font/compact size is much too large and reduces the amount of information displayed.

There is also a minimum width for the calendar view that is different from the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a badge count to Mailbox icon in Sidebar

Please show a red badge count on the Mail icon in the Sidebar. When I have the Calendar view selected, it would be nice to see, at a glance, if I have new unread messages (and how many) in my Inbox. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Select and dial numbers with Microsoft Teams

When a phone number shows up in Outlook such as in a contact or email message it macOS allows you to make a call but it uses your iOS device. It would be good to be given the option to make a phone call using Microsoft Teams.

We have been deploying Teams Phone to our users and being able to click on a number and have it call from your Team number and service would be better than from a mobile phone.

This could be a default option that could be changed or a selectable option when right clicking on…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add function to create new folder when moving e-mail

When moving an E-Mail to a folder, it would be great if there was the option of creating a new folder directly from the move dialog. As it is now, you first need to create the folder and then move the E-Mail afterwards. This function already exists in the Windows version of Outlook

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Outlook for Mac: Export Calendar List View / Multi-select grid (Copy/Paste) to excel

I use a dedicated calendar for time/task management. Each task type is assigned a category, and when viewed in calendar list view, I can see each task name, the category, and start/end time. This gives me enough information to rapidly enter data into my time card, however I still have to manually type out each task into excel to add up all the times.

Outlook for PC allows you to export calendar item details, but the Mac version doesn't. I would like to either:
    A) Have a way to export the calendar list view into a CSV file; or
    B)…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The trash can icon on the message line can cause lost emails

I've noticed some of my emails were disappearing when I clicked on them. I found out I would by chance quickly click where the trash can icon was and delete the email. Can that somehow be changed, removed from that location?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make more intuitive how to open event details from within the event preview.

I often preview an event by clicking once, then want to see the event details.

I look around for a button to open event details, but there is none. It's awkward to then have to look for the block on the calendar and double click that.

Apparently I can open event details from the preview - I just need to look in the upper-right corner and "full-screen" the event. :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable "From" drop down option for

In the OWA client the From button lists available email accounts, including aliases.

However, in the macOS Outlook client (v16.42), the "From" does not behave the same way. It does not list any aliases - only providing a dropdown for individual email accounts.

Could you mirror the behaviour of outlook.office.com OWA with the From button.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. annotate pdf

With the pandemic, more and more we've been moving to digital signing of documents. It would help if Outlook allows the annotation of pdfs on reply or forward, without having to save pdfs to a local folder and then reattaching to the email.

This is already integrated into Apple's Mail app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Retain sidebar re-size

I am running 16.34 (10011301) Insider Fast for Mac, and every time I close and re-open Outlook the left sidebar is resized as small as possible. I resize it so I can see all the icons at the bottom, as so I can see all my folder, without them being cut off.

I get that I am running a "beta" version, just wanted you guys to be aware of this minor issue. If there is a better place to post this please tell me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In Calendar I have to click twice to edit. Not cool. It worked with 1 click so far...

If you click on EVENT you go immediately to edit view. Its not smart that you have to click again on Edit event ... It was never like this before.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. drag a mail on the contact icon to create a new contact

drag a mail on the contact icon to create a new contact

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Code with native language, as the new Outlook looks like an HTML app, very slowly

The new Outlook runs very slowly, the animations are ugly, very heavy. The app looks pretty, but it looks like it is done in HTML, without using the graphical capabilities of the platform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base