OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Where is the address book?

There's no way to access the Address Book with people on your server anymore.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix quick creating new event in Calendar

When clicking button for 'New Event' upper left corner, all event features are available, and default settings from Preferences are followed. However if you double click on a time in the calendar to create a new event, the options are limited (unable to set status as 'Tentative', unable to set Reminder which is stuck at 15 minutes by default--not respecting the Preferences.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Task sidebar with drag&drop support to block time to work on task

A task side bar in the calendar view with drag&drop support to block time to work on a task, like you can do it on outlook.com.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make delete confirmation from Junk folder optional

I would like to turn off confirmation when deleting from Junk folder. There does not seem to be a setting for it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Junk Email Reading Pane

Option to make it permanent. Why does it go away?
    It's a pain to have to enable this every time I want to look at junk messages. Should behave as the other folders.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Customize the Touch Bar

With the new Outlook for Mac starting new and waiting to be more like a native Mac application I would suggest allowing users to customize the Touch Bar options. Right now there are missing functions for the Touch Bar and the old version of Outlook for Mac did not allow for customization. It would be good to allow us to customize what functions we would like to have on the Touch Bar.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow showing 2 months in My Day

Please consider making the number of months in My Day configurable so I can show 2 months at once.

Currently, My Day only shows one calendar month. This is annoying, especially during the last week of a month when you might want to check appointments for the following week. Having the option to see further in the future without switching to the calendar view would be helpful.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remember Outlook window position

Each time when I start Outlook it opens on the main screen with a random size window. Ideally, I would love to see it in the exact same location and size as it was before I quit it e.g. fullscreen on the second monitor.
    Thank you.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Now that new emails are created are inline please make a tab system so I can have multiple drafts open within the one outlook window.

Now that new emails are created are inline please make a tab system so I can have multiple drafts open within the one outlook window.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix the focus / double click issue when opening emails

There is a bug that if you are not focused on Outlook, then double click an email you want to open, it opens the previously selected email. You then have to make sure you are focused in outlook, then double click the one you want.

Instead of doing that, it should focus the email you click, THEN open that email. It looks like the events are firing in the wrong order or something weird....

Try it for yourself. It's pretty irritating.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. im Dark Mode mantain top Bar with Colours!

im Dark Mode mantain top Bar with Colours! or option with change colour!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the Sweep feature from the web app

Sweep let's you quickly set up rules and filter emails into folders. It is the only way I can deal with a large volume of emails. Please bring it to the desktop app!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Separate My Calendars from People's Calendars

Please separate My Calendars from People's Calendars just like in Outlook for Web.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. approval assistant support

Would like to be able to accept or deny approval emails for DL emails as I can in the browser or the Windows client. Most annoying as I need both the browser and Mac client open.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Events as check tasks

Calendar Events function optionally a tasks with completion check marks and/or Completion percentages.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. quote reply with > chevron indent (aka bottom-reply support)

In many forums (including standards and open source) bottom reply is preferred where the previous message is indented with chevrons (>). However Outlook for Mac forces top reply. This makes it incompatible with the community standards of the web.

Outlook should support an option (like it does for attribution at the top of the email) that enables quoted reply for html or text messages. Specifically, switching from html to text message should change the quoting from the blue bar to the chevrons automatically.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Impossible to drag-to-copy between two calendars (use to work in classic)

Can't drag to copy between two calendars anymore.
    Used to work in classic outlook.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable the use cache exchange mode (

use cache exchange mode to download mails to an OST file.
    Currently user are downloading everything.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base