OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Use C to categorize emails - same as web access

In the latest outlook web access pressing "C" while on any email instantly brings up a dialog box to categorize that email. The dialog box is even smart enough that if you type any text of the category it truncates the list. To do this in the desktop app requires many clicks - very inefficient.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Upgrade Searching for Contacts in the compose To: Field (Search the domain for contacts)

If I type "support" in the To: field, I get a contact suggestion for "support@microsoft.com"

I want to be able to type "microsoft" and get this suggestion as well. (As every other client I have ever tested already supports this...)

Throw in native integration with mac's contacts as well for extra credit.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automate My Day View

Love the new MyDay but would be even better if in Day View an empty day auto closed the panel and visa-versa.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Imported Calendar Categories

When adding or importing a shared calendar, the categories of those calendar (and their colors) do not show up on "New Outlook". It shows otherwise when switching off "New Outlook" and restarting the app. The categories also show up fine online.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back ability to add multiple conference rooms in the meeting

There was a really handy ability in scheduling assistance to add multiple rooms at ones and have an ability to understand its load / when meeting start/stop, etc.
    Please bring that back. Adding one at a time is way too complicated.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In Inbox view, When Reading pane is set to None, let me peek into the mail on hover over, also show me a quick menu on left.

In Inbox view, When Reading pane is set to None, let me peek into the mail on hover over, also show me a quick menu on left. Essentially, today I click on email to see the content, then decide to reply or mark as read or delete or move. Instead, I would like a bigger inbox view with bigger peek area for mail and quick click less access to the menu. So, as I hover over an inbox item for a second, show me the email on right, show me the quick menu on left. I can move mouse on…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. to have all emails synched not only a small subset.

Me as a user I want to have all my emails available in my client not only a small subset. Despite that I do want to have the option to synchronize down all items.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Search Results Displayed After Search Box Cleared

There does not seems to be an intuitive way to clear a search and have Outlook display all items. I cleared out the search bar at the top of the window, but Outlook still only displayed the search results.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Separate My Calendars from People's Calendars

Please separate My Calendars from People's Calendars just like in Outlook for Web.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Open in edit when you double click events

I suggest that you open all events, meetings bookings in edit (less clicks) mode when you x2 click it

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. could you add back the choice of more preceding line?

In reading pane able to choose more lines to pre read a message.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Access folders with the left sidebar collapsed

I like having the left sidebar collapsed as it reduces wasted screen real estate. However, I occasionally need to access other folders like Sent, Archived, etc which means I have to collapse and expand this sidebar every time to see those items. It would be great to have another method of switching folders while keeping this sidebar collapsed.

Note: this should also apply to calendars, people, notes, and tasks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. more formatting options on compose

The web client has the ability to style text as a quote, while the Windows client has the ability to add standard styles (Heading 1, Heading 2, etc.) which is similar to Windows/OSX version of Word.

It would be great to gain more style formatting options in this new Outlook for Mac.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. CLean conversation

Clean conversation feature would be great like on Outlook for Windows to reduce Archive space

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Filter Calendar by Category

My calendar is typically VERY full with overlapping things. I use categories to keep it all straight. PLEASE add the ability to view my calendar one category at a time (the checkboxes on the left-side under the calendar name). PLEASE!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Publish the release date for new Outlook UI

Please publish the estimated release date for new Outlook UI.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. favourite folder bar next to the toolbar

favourite folder bar next to the toolbar

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include a Tasks pane or Tab, similar to the Windows version of Outlook.

I sorely miss the Tasks pane from the Windows version of Outlook. This was such a messy, but useful feature that helped me organize projects and keep track of important emails. I would love to have this feature back on the Mac version. Having to switch between a Tasks tab (like Calendar) is not the same and less useful as I fall into the Out of Sight, Out of Mind trap.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Let me hide the Delete button when hovering on messages

To prevent accidental message deletions, allow me to remove the Delete button that appears when hovering on messages in Inbox.

Ideally, I could customize which buttons appear when hovering using a dialog similar to the toolbar customization dialog.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remember Outlook window position

Each time when I start Outlook it opens on the main screen with a random size window. Ideally, I would love to see it in the exact same location and size as it was before I quit it e.g. fullscreen on the second monitor.
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base