OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Folder Management for Gmail Accounts

I still cannot add folders and subfolders to my Gmail account, which is my main email account. I can with outlook.com and yahoo.com accounts but the function is greyed out for Gmail. This has been a longstanding issue with Outlook, will it ever be fixed.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Meeting locations

Please include the opportunity to search for/predict and add locations for meetings, beyond those in one's own address book (eg start typing "Starbu" in the "Location" field will bring up options for Starbucks...). Mac Calendar, Google etc manage this. Can this be integrated with Bing Maps?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add back support for any POP Account

As of the June 8, 2020 release you only support Microsoft and Google mail accounts. Seriously? Please add back support for any standard POP account.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve the performance of the new Outlook for Mac

What the Microsoft team has done with the new Outlook for Mac is really good. However, while it is good I have noticed there are some performance areas that could be improved. They fall into two areas.

1) Window movement and resizing - When you move or resize a native Apple app such as Mail, Safari, or apps like Numbers and Pages the animation is very fluid and smooth. In the new Outlook it is much better than other Microsoft apps, however it is still jerky and not smooth. It would be good to really work on the smaller details…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. new Outlook extended to other accounts

It would be nice to be able to extend the possibility to activate the "new Outlook" also to account which are not Office 365, Outlook.com, or Google account - as for example the Exchange Onprem. is there a timeline?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop changing the search default to "Current Mailbox"

When trying to sort through my mailbox I often rely on searching for emails of a certain type within the current folder. There are times where this is needs to be done multiple times. Having the Search to continually go back to "Current Mailbox" even after changing to "Current Folder" is very annoying.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. With the reading pane on the right, allow additional columns in the message list

This was lacking in the original Outlook for mac, but still think it needs to be done. I like placing the reading pane on the right. With the message list, I'd like to see the option of adding additional columns to quickly sort by. This is one of the features I use so heavily that I still find myself using Windows-based Outlook on mac.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. show my reply

When opening an email that the user has replied to; I'd like the option to click "show your reply" to go to what i sent to the sender of the email.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please support setting across multiple devices (signatures, fonts, defaults etc)

Many users have multiple devices and need to spend time copying their preferred settings and configurations between devices. Can you make it possible for the setting to sync either via O365 or iCloud?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to Add Events in My Day

In the new My Day view if you could right click to add events and have the mini-event modal show up that would almost completely eliminate the need to go into the regular Calendar for some of your users.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client

New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client (these things should really be consistent).. it's much better to put all operation in the toolbar instead of randomly splitting this one off and segregating it by itself in the blue area... took me 5-10mins to find it 🙁

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. My Computer Contacts

In current Outlook, my contacts are in the My Computer folder. New outlook does not display them.

How can you design a "New" Outlook that doesn't have same functionality of the Old Outlook.

And when the Old Outlook is no longer an option, how do I get my contacts?

Bad design.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Conditional formattting support

Please provide conditional formatting support just like Windows version. Would like to mark incoming mails with colors based on categories/rules

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make current day and time more apparent on calendar.

The little red partial ball next to the current time is not enough indicator for the current time/day. Really would like the current day and time to stand out better so it’s easier to read at a glance. Would like the column of the current day highlighted better and the current time highlighted better.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Font size choices

There is currently one font size choice setting in Outlook. Please add options for font sizes for the mail index, mail body, etc. Changing the size for the index will make the font size in the mail messages too large or too small, depending on the setting.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support of MAC standard keyboard shortcuts

On MacOS you've standardised keystrokes when moving the cursor or editing text. It's very inefficient and distracting, that Outlook is not following this standard.

One example:
    System wide you can use Ctrl-a to jump to the beginning of a line
    In Outlook it selects all text. -> Very problematic for people who can write fast.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. feature to "show all messages from this conversation" is not there anymore

feature to "show all messages from this conversation" is not there anymore

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use native contacts on macOS

The recent update enabled contacts however they are exactly the same as always, I still cannot access my apple contacts from within Outlook which means there is no way to store my iPhone and Outlook contacts in one place (I sync these across from iOS too)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a tool bar to the calendar view in the new Outlook for Mac UI.

On the new Calendar UI within Outlook for Mac add toolbar options (can still be simplified) but i cant seem to add a calendar category on the fly for instance within the calendar view, i need to open up each meeting - same goes for adding "show as"

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base