OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Folder Management for Gmail Accounts

I still cannot add folders and subfolders to my Gmail account, which is my main email account. I can with outlook.com and yahoo.com accounts but the function is greyed out for Gmail. This has been a longstanding issue with Outlook, will it ever be fixed.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Meeting locations

Please include the opportunity to search for/predict and add locations for meetings, beyond those in one's own address book (eg start typing "Starbu" in the "Location" field will bring up options for Starbucks...). Mac Calendar, Google etc manage this. Can this be integrated with Bing Maps?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. With the reading pane on the right, allow additional columns in the message list

This was lacking in the original Outlook for mac, but still think it needs to be done. I like placing the reading pane on the right. With the message list, I'd like to see the option of adding additional columns to quickly sort by. This is one of the features I use so heavily that I still find myself using Windows-based Outlook on mac.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. show my reply

When opening an email that the user has replied to; I'd like the option to click "show your reply" to go to what i sent to the sender of the email.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to Add Events in My Day

In the new My Day view if you could right click to add events and have the mini-event modal show up that would almost completely eliminate the need to go into the regular Calendar for some of your users.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client

New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client (these things should really be consistent).. it's much better to put all operation in the toolbar instead of randomly splitting this one off and segregating it by itself in the blue area... took me 5-10mins to find it 🙁

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Conditional formattting support

Please provide conditional formatting support just like Windows version. Would like to mark incoming mails with colors based on categories/rules

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Font size choices

There is currently one font size choice setting in Outlook. Please add options for font sizes for the mail index, mail body, etc. Changing the size for the index will make the font size in the mail messages too large or too small, depending on the setting.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support of MAC standard keyboard shortcuts

On MacOS you've standardised keystrokes when moving the cursor or editing text. It's very inefficient and distracting, that Outlook is not following this standard.

One example:
    System wide you can use Ctrl-a to jump to the beginning of a line
    In Outlook it selects all text. -> Very problematic for people who can write fast.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. feature to "show all messages from this conversation" is not there anymore

feature to "show all messages from this conversation" is not there anymore

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a tool bar to the calendar view in the new Outlook for Mac UI.

On the new Calendar UI within Outlook for Mac add toolbar options (can still be simplified) but i cant seem to add a calendar category on the fly for instance within the calendar view, i need to open up each meeting - same goes for adding "show as"

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow me to resize My Day to be narrower (meaning smaller/no margins)

My Day is useful but takes up too much space away from the reading pane and message list. Please allow me to resize My Day so that its left and right margins are tiny or non-existent. Currently the mandatory large margins take up about 4% of the total horizontal real estate of Outlook, and 22% of My Day. Instead of paying a 4% real estate tax on empty space, I'd prefer to make my reading pane 7%-10% wider which would mean less scrolling and improved productivity.

It's OK if the default margins are big like today, but if I opt…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Include a Tasks pane or Tab, similar to the Windows version of Outlook.

I sorely miss the Tasks pane from the Windows version of Outlook. This was such a messy, but useful feature that helped me organize projects and keep track of important emails. I would love to have this feature back on the Mac version. Having to switch between a Tasks tab (like Calendar) is not the same and less useful as I fall into the Out of Sight, Out of Mind trap.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. To-Do in Sidebar

It would be great to have ToDo interface in the app on the sidebar, so that I can see all my categories and flagged mail and add things to My Day.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Conversation view - change in behavior

In conversation view, when there are multiple unread mails, when tried to view, it goes by default to the latest one. Earlier it used to go to the first unread mail in that conversation

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bring TouchBar Controls to the compact email composer

Loving the new compact view for composing emails but would love to have the TouchBar controls like in the bigger view.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Where is the address book?

There's no way to access the Address Book with people on your server anymore.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base