OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Color Coding email accounts

Like Spark Mail, or Canary Mail, the ability to color code email accounts. Would appear color coded in left nav bar and also with an indicator in email list.

Why? Makes it real easy to see what account an email came in to.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. By default in conversation list show only items in the current folder.

Right now all sub-folders including sent items show up by default making it very long list for each email.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add custom keyboard shortcuts

The ability to customise or use other keyboard shortcut schemes (e.g. Gmail) on the web app makes it 2x faster to process email. Please bring it to the desktop app!

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Conversation threading should be a per-folder setting

Conversation threading should be a per-folder setting, so, for example, my Inbox could have it on and my Sent Mail could have it off.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to remove "Top Results" from search....

So far hasn't done anything useful to my search results, and is just extra clutter

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for email aliases

Would be great to have account support for email aliases per provider.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Implement web's reading pane

Outlook for Web condenses the conversation nicely; expanding only the most recent message and giving a preview of the others. You can then expand each previous message separately if you need more context.

I LOVE the Outlook web app and want it as a native macOS app.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Return the ability to remove an attachment

The options with attachments are now Preview, Open, Save and the previous ability to save an attachment, then delete from the email so you can then save the email was really useful. You could then put the files (attachments where you wanted them) and also keep the email without the attachment. The loss of this is a major issue as it multiplies the size of your Mail folders.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have an address book show all address lists from Exchange (like outlook for windows)

port the address book from the windows outlook client to the macOS version.
    In a large company you need to be able to select different address lists and GAL from the exchange server

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. support contacts folders

i organize my contacts in folders. they are accessible from windows and web, they were acessible from old outlook on mac. they should be available also on ney outlook for mac

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create an option to duplicate calendar events

This has long been a feature of 3rd party apps like Fantastical and I don't understand why Outlook doesn't have it yet. It's such a no-brainer and so handy. Right-click an event | Duplicate.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make the 'You replied to this email' bar clickable like previous Outlook versions

In the old Outlook version if you clicked on an email that you previously replied to a bar would appear at the top saying "You replied to this message" and if you clicked on that bar, you would be taken to your reply email. In the new Outlook, this bar still appears to show that you already responded to that email, but clicking on it does nothing. Can you fix this so that it's clickable again, to take the user directly to the reply?

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Send and Archive button

It will be very useful to integrate a button that, while replying to a mail, send a message and archive all the thread.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Turn an Email / Calendar Invite into a Teams thread.

Have the ability to send an email to a group E.g. Interest Rate Changes and instead of sending emails back have the ability to turn into a chat underneath and in Teams. Like how Spark email does it at the moment with the Discuss email feature.

Would also be good for internal conversations on calendar invites, if someone wants to propose a new time or add info to the agenda. The calendar invite could become a Teams chat and files and chat could start around that meeting.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. import/export to proper PST Format!!!

use PST like on windows so there is bettery interoperability and ability to create pst's when archival is necessary.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. My Computer Contacts

In current Outlook, my contacts are in the My Computer folder. New outlook does not display them.

How can you design a "New" Outlook that doesn't have same functionality of the Old Outlook.

And when the Old Outlook is no longer an option, how do I get my contacts?

Bad design.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Filter Calendar by Category

My calendar is typically VERY full with overlapping things. I use categories to keep it all straight. PLEASE add the ability to view my calendar one category at a time (the checkboxes on the left-side under the calendar name). PLEASE!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base