OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. accept

When receiving an email invite to a meeting, the reply button used to change to Accept, now I have to open the message to reveal the accept/Tentative/Decline buttons. It would be useful to add or replace the buttons for invite messages in the preview window, juast as the reply/reply-all/forward buttons are now.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better screen management for laptops

I have been using the new Outlook for Mac and it would be nice to be able to expand and collapse the left side and see small file system like on the windows version. It is very clunky to need to go to the menu to collapse it every time. Also I can't get the fonts to be small enough to be able to keep my same laptop workflow likeI can on a Windows laptop. I like to see My Day on the right side but the fonts are big and it takes up too much space.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Maintain compatibility

My two main accounts are not compatible with Outlook, for reasons I really cannot be bothered to investigate. Stop changing for change's sake, make a product that works and stick with it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. the zoom for outlook add-in doesn't seem to be available in the new outlook for mac.

the zoom for outlook add-in doesn't seem to be available in the new outlook for mac. i use this a lot, so i will switch back to the old outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Draft Still Disappears

When I hit reply and then don't open it as a new window, that draft still disappears (and is not in my draft folder). I see this was corrected, but it's still happening.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When the Reading Pane is on the bottom, ensure its size remains consistent when switching between displays

I have my mail Reading Pane set to Bottom, and when switching between monitors the pane often shrinks to an unusably small size, when I have to manually enlarge by dragging the pane split. It would be better if the Reading Pane remained the same size (either by dimension or by proportion) when the app window size changes when switching monitors.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug: Each upgrade of Outlook using Google two-factor auth is requiring me to recreate a new application password

Each weekly update is disabling my GMail access using two-factor authentication using the application password option. I have to go back into Google and create a new password. Works fine in Windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Optimize speed of moving e-mails in bulk to other folders

I noticed that the Windows version of Outlook is much faster at moving e-mails in bulk between folders. Just wanting the same performance with macOS. Otherwise, I love the changes so far!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Arrange by Subject

When you arrange by subject, keep RE, FWD, in the same section - right now, they start a new "subject" with each RE or FWD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Feedback that Outlook asked for when I switched off the new look

The user interface is beautiful, more Mac like, but why can’t we have both, a nice interface and all the features of Windows Outlook? Would you pull this trick/sham on your Windows Outlook users? Will Windows Outlook get this same interface too? (Mac Outlook is my primary email client, but I do use 3 different workstations, and one of them is Windows Outlook, so now I have to re-adjust every time I switch workstations.)

My company pays the same amount for each user, no matter if they are Mac or Windows users. Therefore, I would like to have the same…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add the Like button and indicator that OWA has

My team often uses the 'Like' feature in OWA to signal that we've read a message, and New Outlook doesn't have this. It would be very helpful to have.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it possible to disable/turn off the Reminders window.

The standard reminders/notifications are sufficient for many people, as it integrates with the OS. The reminder window for many is yet another thing to clear/dismiss. Having the option to turn that feature off would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Display Density options...

Display density options don't affect my shared email address. Only the principle email address. It should affect all email accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bring back keyboard shortcut for moving items to folders🙌

In the old Outlook you could use shift+command+M to bring up a panel of folders when you want to move items. That does not work in this (i an all other ways) more beautiful and efficient version

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option to download only recent attachments ?

Similar to Apple Mail, I would like the option to download only attachments from mail received in the last 6 or 12 months. The reason I want this is to reduce the size of my Outlook folders on my SSD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a Link Handling feature to Office apps for Mac

Microsoft needs to provide individuals with a way to decide which behavior Office apps perform with shared links from one drive and other sharing services. Allowing companies to manage this feature for end users via configuration profile would be the icing on the cake here. Are you planning on this? Asking for a friend...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Move the top mail composition tools (send, discard, etc) into the white box

The white pane for message composition contains those items that an author has to focus one when writing an email. However, send, discard, attach, etc are outside this box in the general grey area. The number of times I look for them, but despite them being right in front of me, don't see them.

I suggest the height of white pane is increased to include these tools and bring focus on them when composing emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create Reminders From Outlook

Just like Apple Mail, it would be nice if the reminders created from Outlook through share function could have a link back to the Outlook message, just like it happens on native Mail app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base