OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Add option to remove email date groups in inbox

I keep a pretty clean inbox, and while I like the overall design of thew new Outlook's Inbox area a lot of screen space is wasted to these "This week", "Last week", etc" identifiers that are just not needed.

Please let me turn them off, like you could in old Outlook (via unchecking "Show in Groups" setting).

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show Reply/Forward button and quick access to conversation view

Two useful features I believe to be missing in this build:
    • On the "You replied to/forwarded this message." bar, please add back the button that allowed quick access to that sent message.
    • Along the same lines, there used to be a quote bubble near the top of the reading pane that allowed quick access to the full thread of a conversation, for those of us who prefer to not use conversation mode. Would love to see that returned.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to use an alias on Gmail

Was previously able to use an alias on a Gmail account, no longer able to do that on the new Outlook. Love it but this was an important feature. Can you restore?

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for email aliases

Would be great to have account support for email aliases per provider.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The new outlook format doesn't give you the option to move an email to a local folder

You can no longer move Gmail mails to local folders (which was possible with the old version). The only folders that show up in the "Move->Choose Folder.." option are ones that are created within gmail.

If you wanted to create a folder within Gmail you can't - that option is greyed out.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. My Day Pref - Show/Hide Location row

It would be nice if this view could be changed by the user. For example at the moment mine shows the event time, the duration, the event name and the location. The location shows the address which takes up 4 lines of type. While this is nice to have and is neatly laid out, my prference would be to toggle the location off with a nearby button or dropdown with toggle choices, to have some choice as to what is displayed here. The trade-off benefit is having more calendar events displayed.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make links to online meetings available from the notification

When a meeting contains a link to an online meeting (GTM, Zoom, etc), display the link in the notification so the event doesn't have to be opened to join the meeting. I'd rather the notification just be native, but if not at least there's a reason to not use MacOS's notification system

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Search Sent folder for "To:" addresses, not "From:"

When I'm searching sent mail, I NEVER need to search on the From: message, and am ALWAYS looking for a message I sent to someone. I'm sure there are exceptions to that for some people and accounts, but in general, that would be the intelligent field to be searching for when in the Sent folder.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Give both mark as read and mark as unread option when multiple emails are selected

When selecting multiple emails with varying read/unread statuses, only one option (mark as read/mark as unread) is available.

I'd like to have both options in the context menu.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show the folder name of the note found in a search

I want to store a yearly tax receipt in a folder with the previous yearly tax receipt, but I do not remember the name of the folder. A search of keywords finds the current and the old document but it does not tell me where the older document is stored. With nearly 200 folders, some of which are obvious where NOT to look, I still have to search the remaining folders for last year's tax receipt.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Open in edit when you double click events

I suggest that you open all events, meetings bookings in edit (less clicks) mode when you x2 click it

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow editing calendar invites without sending

In Outlook on Windows I can edit a calendar invite after receiving it or having the meeting, but cannot do this in Outlook on Mac.

I use my calendar to record my time as actually used. So two scenrios supported on Outlook for Windows are not in Outlook for Mac:
    1. I receive an invite, and the meeting went longer than scheduled. I would like to adjust the meeting at a later point to reflect the additional time, but cannot do that without sending a response to the person who created the invite. I do not want to do that,…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to remove "Top Results" from search....

So far hasn't done anything useful to my search results, and is just extra clutter

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support for Online Archive policies

When using Online Archiving it would be useful to have access to the archive policies when right-clicking a folder or email.

In the 'old' Outlook for Mac client this feature was never supported but it is available in Outlook on the Web today.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add feature already in Windows (Previous/Next)

Mirror Windows version function related to "After moving or deleting an open item" and the option to return, open previous or next. Also, add previous/next buttons to email windows.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Embedded Outlook Messages (.msg files) to be opened in Outlook for Mac.

Allow Embedded Outlook Messages (.msg files) to be opened in Outlook for Mac. Colleagues regularly forward embedded emails that I can't open

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Filter Calendar by Category

My calendar is typically VERY full with overlapping things. I use categories to keep it all straight. PLEASE add the ability to view my calendar one category at a time (the checkboxes on the left-side under the calendar name). PLEASE!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. An account that used for sync - so I "login" to oulook so that preferences and accounts are synced across devices.

An account that used for sync - so I "login" to oulook so that preferences and accounts are synced across devices.

Identify which account is the "master"

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Include archive, delete, and flag buttons in mail notifications

When the notification window is displayed for new incoming email, please include buttons to quickly archive, delete, or flag the new incoming email without having to go to the main outlook window. It would be nice to be able to quickly delete incoming email if we don't want to read it, right from the notification display.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base