OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Allow for creation of smart mailboxes in new Outlook for mac.

"New Outlook" appears to not have smart folders. I have critical uses for this.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. By default in conversation list show only items in the current folder.

Right now all sub-folders including sent items show up by default making it very long list for each email.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add feature already in Windows (Previous/Next)

Mirror Windows version function related to "After moving or deleting an open item" and the option to return, open previous or next. Also, add previous/next buttons to email windows.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pin mails on the top

Just like on outlook.com it would be nice to be able to pin messages at the top of folders and sync whatever message you pin in outlook.com to also pin it on the app.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. feature to "show all messages from this conversation" is not there anymore

feature to "show all messages from this conversation" is not there anymore

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow showing 2 months in My Day

Please consider making the number of months in My Day configurable so I can show 2 months at once.

Currently, My Day only shows one calendar month. This is annoying, especially during the last week of a month when you might want to check appointments for the following week. Having the option to see further in the future without switching to the calendar view would be helpful.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Search Sent folder for "To:" addresses, not "From:"

When I'm searching sent mail, I NEVER need to search on the From: message, and am ALWAYS looking for a message I sent to someone. I'm sure there are exceptions to that for some people and accounts, but in general, that would be the intelligent field to be searching for when in the Sent folder.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix quick creating new event in Calendar

When clicking button for 'New Event' upper left corner, all event features are available, and default settings from Preferences are followed. However if you double click on a time in the calendar to create a new event, the options are limited (unable to set status as 'Tentative', unable to set Reminder which is stuck at 15 minutes by default--not respecting the Preferences.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Message view columns

Ability to add columns such as Message Size. My organisation has strict quotas so its handy to be able to delete large messages

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix ICS importing in "New Outlook"

I attempted to import an ICS file in New Outlook. I get a view of the calendar item, but no way to "save" it to my calendar. Also, if i "edit" the calendar item, I then get a "Save" button but saving the item doesn't actually reflect on the calendar in "New Outlook". Had to switch back to old outlook to see the item.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. quote reply with > chevron indent (aka bottom-reply support)

In many forums (including standards and open source) bottom reply is preferred where the previous message is indented with chevrons (>). However Outlook for Mac forces top reply. This makes it incompatible with the community standards of the web.

Outlook should support an option (like it does for attribution at the top of the email) that enables quoted reply for html or text messages. Specifically, switching from html to text message should change the quoting from the blue bar to the chevrons automatically.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. copy and paste from Calendar Items

Copy paste from calendar items like in Outlook for Windows would be great to have as well in Outlook for Mac.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. CalDAV- and CardDAV

Please add the feature to use CalDAV- and CardDAV-Accounts for third-party calendars and addressbooks synchronization.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a tool bar to the calendar view in the new Outlook for Mac UI.

On the new Calendar UI within Outlook for Mac add toolbar options (can still be simplified) but i cant seem to add a calendar category on the fly for instance within the calendar view, i need to open up each meeting - same goes for adding "show as"

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Archive email instead of delete when ignoring conversation

When "ignoring conversation" it deletes the emails the next coming ones.
    Ignoring doesn't mean I want to delete them, but just ignore.

I think archiving is more appropriate that deleting.
    Or at least have the possibility to choose in the preferences.

Giving a use case:
    - Someone sends an email with an information about a new release of an upstream system to a wide audience (not the best, but still a lot people do...)
    - I got the info, I'm interested by the info so I want to keep it (in archive, so searchable)
    - Several people will reply asking…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Task sidebar with drag&drop support to block time to work on task

A task side bar in the calendar view with drag&drop support to block time to work on a task, like you can do it on outlook.com.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Re: new email window – toolbar customization & refinements

Would love to be able to customize the toolbar in the New Email window, and/or make collapsible sections as an option. Additionally, some currently available tool buttons and labeling could you some refinements. A few thoughts:

1. When the new email window is smaller, the toolbar is cropped from the right side.

2. Many of the tools that take up a lot of toolbar real estate have commonly known key commands (say copy, paste, bold, italic), and it would be nice to hide them.

3. Add-ins themselves are always cropped when the window is a smaller size, since they're historically placed way over…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client

New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client (these things should really be consistent).. it's much better to put all operation in the toolbar instead of randomly splitting this one off and segregating it by itself in the blue area... took me 5-10mins to find it 🙁

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. share

New Outlook doesn't send email when using "share document" option through Office Mac Apps

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base