OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. moving calendar items

I need the ability to drag appointments from one calendar to another and also from one week to another

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I suggest you add a button to create a task from an email

I suggest you add a button to create a task from an email body that is highlighted. When a text is highlighted you should be able to create a task quickly from there with being able to link back to the original email as a reference.Inviting people to a task would be a nice touch as well.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Alias support

The web based outlook.com and the windows version of outlook 2019 and 365 both support alias support. Only the mac version does not support this. It would be very useful if such support was added.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Public folders Tool and view needs to come back

Literally can't even use the new Outlook now since we rely on this

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Tasks follow up options

Add these “Follow up” pre-set options for Tasks: “in 3/4/5/6 days”. Also make “Custom date” selectable for multiple listed tasks simultaneously.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. send delay to every message

In Outlook for Windows I can add a send delay to every message as a rule. I like doing this because it gives me an extra minute or more to change my mind about an email after clicking 'Send'.

The web version offers a 10-second delay, which is even better than nothing.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for contact lists (not contact groups!)

Support for contact lists from Outlook.com on the web.

I know contact groups (...@groups.outlook.com) are supported, but support for contact LISTS is also needed.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Send Availability

The "Send Availablity" feature is iOS is one of the most useful features I've ever used. I actually switch away from a desktop interface to the mobile version of Outlook just to use that feature. It is that great! It would be AWESOME if the Outlook for Mac team could bring that feature to the Mac Desktop client.

Encouragement... 🤛🏼

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Voting buttons

Add support for voting buttons.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back the ability to sort and resize columns in mail for "New Outlook:

It would be good to bring back the ability to resize columns in "New Outlook" since I'd like to see more of the message title and less of the sender.
    It would also be good to be able to change the colum order, or move the delete/archive flag column back to the left. In the current order, I keep accidentally deleting messages, something I never did when that column was at the left.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring back support for delegated accounts.

Previous delegated mailboxes (or shared mailboxes not sure what you call them) could be added to Outlook and would show up as additional mailboxes.

With new Outlook these mailboxes no longer appear.

It would be great if you bring them back. :)

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A more compact layout

Currently, there seems to be a lot of 'dead' space in the new UI. While I like the more modern look, it should be possible to makt certain UI elements a bit more compact, much like is possible on Outlook for Windows...

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unified inbox as default launching view

We know that the unified inbox is coming back but it's really important that we can set it as the default view when Outlook in launching.

This feature is really simple but very important. It was missing from the last Outlook on Mac.

Please. Add it.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. End meetings early (25m / 50m)

Add support to end appointments & meetings early (25m / 50m) so you have time to prepare for the next meeting. Already supported by Outlook for Windows: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/schedule-a-meeting-with-other-people-5c9877bc-ab91-4a7c-99fb-b0b68d7ea94f

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add custom keyboard shortcuts

The ability to customise or use other keyboard shortcut schemes (e.g. Gmail) on the web app makes it 2x faster to process email. Please bring it to the desktop app!

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Skype integration. Where did it go?

Skype integration into the meeting creation tab was one-click and easy to do.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Rearrange Accounts

I would love to be able to arrange my email accounts, like have them in the order I want instead of the automatic ordering from AtoZ.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Implement web's reading pane

Outlook for Web condenses the conversation nicely; expanding only the most recent message and giving a preview of the others. You can then expand each previous message separately if you need more context.

I LOVE the Outlook web app and want it as a native macOS app.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reduce font size in the Inbox view

The font size is too large proportionally to all other fonts in the UI.

Adjusting the existing font size setting applies globally and does not address the proportion issue, making the other UI fonts (which are great at the default size) too small.

Coupled with the inability to hide message preview text, the current size notably limits the # of items that can be viewed.

Thanks for your consideration.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base