OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. If you create a Mail product for Apple users, I suggest it should support Apple mail (ie IMAP) in the "Unified" in box

The unified mail inbox doesn't show emails received on an Apple (IMAP) account. Curious commission. Works perfectly well in the IoS version.

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  18 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Tasks follow up options

Add these “Follow up” pre-set options for Tasks: “in 3/4/5/6 days”. Also make “Custom date” selectable for multiple listed tasks simultaneously.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. show my reply

When opening an email that the user has replied to; I'd like the option to click "show your reply" to go to what i sent to the sender of the email.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include archive, delete, and flag buttons in mail notifications

When the notification window is displayed for new incoming email, please include buttons to quickly archive, delete, or flag the new incoming email without having to go to the main outlook window. It would be nice to be able to quickly delete incoming email if we don't want to read it, right from the notification display.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mail Clean Up

Add a Clean Up feature as the Windows version currently has to clear up any duplicate emails/unnecessary emails from conversation threads.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unify the look of the sidebar on Mac and iOS.

Pls apply the same design on the mac app's sidebar as it's already seen on the iOS and iPad OS app versions.
    But it's already designed and shared with the public around 2 years ago:
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/16/16481190/microsoft-outlook-windows-mac-redesign-features

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add option to remove email date groups in inbox

I keep a pretty clean inbox, and while I like the overall design of thew new Outlook's Inbox area a lot of screen space is wasted to these "This week", "Last week", etc" identifiers that are just not needed.

Please let me turn them off, like you could in old Outlook (via unchecking "Show in Groups" setting).

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Send and Archive button

It will be very useful to integrate a button that, while replying to a mail, send a message and archive all the thread.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Embedded Outlook Messages (.msg files) to be opened in Outlook for Mac.

Allow Embedded Outlook Messages (.msg files) to be opened in Outlook for Mac. Colleagues regularly forward embedded emails that I can't open

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back the checkmark option when flagging an email.

The checkmark is important. It gives me some small joy and semblance of accomplishment. Without the checkmark my inbox is just a continuously growing list of questions, tasks and requests that will never appear to be completed. It will just continue to grow and grow and grow. It's the thing of nightmares and panic attacks. Please, let me have my little checkmark.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show the folder name of the note found in a search

I want to store a yearly tax receipt in a folder with the previous yearly tax receipt, but I do not remember the name of the folder. A search of keywords finds the current and the old document but it does not tell me where the older document is stored. With nearly 200 folders, some of which are obvious where NOT to look, I still have to search the remaining folders for last year's tax receipt.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. option tot rename subject - onderwerpregel kunnen wijzigen

option tot rename subject - onderwerpregel kunnen wijzigen

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Customize the Touch Bar

With the new Outlook for Mac starting new and waiting to be more like a native Mac application I would suggest allowing users to customize the Touch Bar options. Right now there are missing functions for the Touch Bar and the old version of Outlook for Mac did not allow for customization. It would be good to allow us to customize what functions we would like to have on the Touch Bar.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Larger indicators for flags/categories for messages

Categories and Flags should have more visible color indicators- the minimal style is hard to parse visually as it can be in different places. If there is only one applied, then a full background color (like in the old days) would be wonderful. But even having a larger bar that is full height on the left side would be much more useful than the moving items we have now.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Search Sent folder for "To:" addresses, not "From:"

When I'm searching sent mail, I NEVER need to search on the From: message, and am ALWAYS looking for a message I sent to someone. I'm sure there are exceptions to that for some people and accounts, but in general, that would be the intelligent field to be searching for when in the Sent folder.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Imported Calendar Categories

When adding or importing a shared calendar, the categories of those calendar (and their colors) do not show up on "New Outlook". It shows otherwise when switching off "New Outlook" and restarting the app. The categories also show up fine online.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow draft message deletion through key combination

When writing a draft message, allow quick deletion of the draft with a keystroke, such as Cmd-Delete, instead of requiring the mouse to be used on a button at the bottom of the screen. Historically, it opened a new window which I could just close with Cmd-W.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bring back the ability to sort and resize columns in mail for "New Outlook:

It would be good to bring back the ability to resize columns in "New Outlook" since I'd like to see more of the message title and less of the sender.
    It would also be good to be able to change the colum order, or move the delete/archive flag column back to the left. In the current order, I keep accidentally deleting messages, something I never did when that column was at the left.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make "view with a dark/light background" follow the App/OS theme

In the New Outlook mode, 16.33 (19120401), on macOS Catalina, 10.15.2 Beta (19C56a), the option to view email with a light or dark background is great, but it would be awesome if it followed the App/OS theme.

For example, when the OS theme is dark, and Outlook is not set to always show light mode, it should automatically apply the "view with a dark background" setting, and allow the user to select "view with a light background" if they choose.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Publish the release date for new Outlook UI

Please publish the estimated release date for new Outlook UI.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories