OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Publish the release date for new Outlook UI

Please publish the estimated release date for new Outlook UI.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for contact lists (not contact groups!)

Support for contact lists from Outlook.com on the web.

I know contact groups (...@groups.outlook.com) are supported, but support for contact LISTS is also needed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. share

New Outlook doesn't send email when using "share document" option through Office Mac Apps

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. All-Day Events (multiple-days) Progress Bar in Graphic Monthly, week view with % Complete

It would be great to create all-day, multiple day events with progress bars indicators or % complete in at least week, month and year views. Kind of shows up a status indicator and user is able to change % complete or incomplete, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Display All items in List View in Calendar.

Currently limits to display items for the day / work week / week / month , will be good to be able look at items in calendar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In Inbox view, When Reading pane is set to None, let me peek into the mail on hover over, also show me a quick menu on left.

In Inbox view, When Reading pane is set to None, let me peek into the mail on hover over, also show me a quick menu on left. Essentially, today I click on email to see the content, then decide to reply or mark as read or delete or move. Instead, I would like a bigger inbox view with bigger peek area for mail and quick click less access to the menu. So, as I hover over an inbox item for a second, show me the email on right, show me the quick menu on left. I can move mouse on…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show Reply/Forward button and quick access to conversation view

Two useful features I believe to be missing in this build:
    • On the "You replied to/forwarded this message." bar, please add back the button that allowed quick access to that sent message.
    • Along the same lines, there used to be a quote bubble near the top of the reading pane that allowed quick access to the full thread of a conversation, for those of us who prefer to not use conversation mode. Would love to see that returned.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. unread next to replied/forwarded in Message List

Please could the symbols for unread, replied etc appear next to each other? Then I can see at a glance which email is unread and which I have replied to? Currently it is hard to tell at a glance

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Apply Zoom function to Messages Pane and My Day

When using Command with + or - it only zooms the reading pane text.
    Previously it zoomed all panes.
    I am using the Insider Fast Outlook for Mac currently. Version 16.33

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix the focus / double click issue when opening emails

There is a bug that if you are not focused on Outlook, then double click an email you want to open, it opens the previously selected email. You then have to make sure you are focused in outlook, then double click the one you want.

Instead of doing that, it should focus the email you click, THEN open that email. It looks like the events are firing in the wrong order or something weird....

Try it for yourself. It's pretty irritating.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Folder Management for Gmail Accounts

I still cannot add folders and subfolders to my Gmail account, which is my main email account. I can with outlook.com and yahoo.com accounts but the function is greyed out for Gmail. This has been a longstanding issue with Outlook, will it ever be fixed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add badges to the sidenav when minimized.

Currently when you minimize the left navigation it shows the respective icons but does not show unread count for email or tasks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remember Outlook window position

Each time when I start Outlook it opens on the main screen with a random size window. Ideally, I would love to see it in the exact same location and size as it was before I quit it e.g. fullscreen on the second monitor.
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make new outlook experience available to non-365 users

Some of us use Office 2019 provided by our employers, but are not currently on Office 365. Would like to be able to test new features and provide feedback.. even with Fast Insider channel, the updates for the new experience are not available.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support for G-Suite accounts

Ful support for G-Suite accounts including resources (e.g. meeting rooms) when making appointments in the calendar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new outlook format doesn't give you the option to move an email to a local folder

You can no longer move Gmail mails to local folders (which was possible with the old version). The only folders that show up in the "Move->Choose Folder.." option are ones that are created within gmail.

If you wanted to create a folder within Gmail you can't - that option is greyed out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. approval assistant support

Would like to be able to accept or deny approval emails for DL emails as I can in the browser or the Windows client. Most annoying as I need both the browser and Mac client open.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. List conditions for displaying the "New Outloook" switch. I'm on 16.33 (19112700) and don't have the option.

I'm on insiders fast, on Outlook version 16.33 (1911270) on Catalina 10.15.2, and there's no New Outlook switch, and the option isn't in "Help" either. If there conditions in which it's not available, that would have been good to know before updating to insiders fast.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories