OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Filter Calendar by Category

My calendar is typically VERY full with overlapping things. I use categories to keep it all straight. PLEASE add the ability to view my calendar one category at a time (the checkboxes on the left-side under the calendar name). PLEASE!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show and browse declined events

It would be so convenient to allow visibility of or browse declined or old email invites.

As a user, it gives me the ability look back to what I had done previously. I can get access to related attachments, list of attendees, details in the meeting invite, and change my invite status if I become available.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Message view columns

Ability to add columns such as Message Size. My organisation has strict quotas so its handy to be able to delete large messages

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow showing 2 months in My Day

Please consider making the number of months in My Day configurable so I can show 2 months at once.

Currently, My Day only shows one calendar month. This is annoying, especially during the last week of a month when you might want to check appointments for the following week. Having the option to see further in the future without switching to the calendar view would be helpful.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow me to resize My Day to be narrower (meaning smaller/no margins)

My Day is useful but takes up too much space away from the reading pane and message list. Please allow me to resize My Day so that its left and right margins are tiny or non-existent. Currently the mandatory large margins take up about 4% of the total horizontal real estate of Outlook, and 22% of My Day. Instead of paying a 4% real estate tax on empty space, I'd prefer to make my reading pane 7%-10% wider which would mean less scrolling and improved productivity.

It's OK if the default margins are big like today, but if I opt…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. CalDAV- and CardDAV

Please add the feature to use CalDAV- and CardDAV-Accounts for third-party calendars and addressbooks synchronization.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Return Flag for Follow-up/Reminder

With the New Outlook for Mac, you seem to have removed the functionality to right-click on an email and set a reminder/flag/due date for a mail item. Can you please return this functionality? I found it especially useful for items that I could not act on at the moment but needed to follow back up with.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a "Now" line to the Agenda View

When in the Mail view, the calendar Agenda View list doesn't give any indicator of what's coming up next. If you have 20 items in the day, opening the page or clicking the Today button scrolls to the top of the day instead of showing what time it is and what's coming up next. The Day View has the indicator, but that should be carried over to the Agenda view as well as bringing that line to the top of the list.

There is a preference to hide past items, but this line should appear when showing all agenda items.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Need email "View Source" back

"View Source" was an important tool for looking at the source (headers, body, servers, etc.) of a received message. It was in the context menu (right-click) but is no longer there. I could not find it in the menus either.

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. quote reply with > chevron indent (aka bottom-reply support)

In many forums (including standards and open source) bottom reply is preferred where the previous message is indented with chevrons (>). However Outlook for Mac forces top reply. This makes it incompatible with the community standards of the web.

Outlook should support an option (like it does for attribution at the top of the email) that enables quoted reply for html or text messages. Specifically, switching from html to text message should change the quoting from the blue bar to the chevrons automatically.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. All for the spawning of a new window with a right-click on the lower-left icon

Just like the Windows version, right-clicking on the mail, calendar, people, tasks, and notes icons in the lower-left corner should give the option to open in a new window. Current functionality requires File --> New --> Main Window and then navigating to the desired tool.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Use native Apple Notifications on macOS

Please get rid of the pop ups notifications and switch to the native macOS style notifications.

832 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. resend

Ooops - did we lose the 'Resend' option for sent messages?

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Task sidebar with drag&drop support to block time to work on task

A task side bar in the calendar view with drag&drop support to block time to work on a task, like you can do it on outlook.com.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Separate My Calendars from People's Calendars

Please separate My Calendars from People's Calendars just like in Outlook for Web.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Distance between the folder names is to big

UI

The distance between the folder names at the left pane is too big and the font must be customizable

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. to have all emails synched not only a small subset.

Me as a user I want to have all my emails available in my client not only a small subset. Despite that I do want to have the option to synchronize down all items.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add the ability to recall an email as is possible with Office for Windows client

When sending an incorrect email add the ability to recall that email from all recipients as is possible with Office for Windows client.

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. By default in conversation list show only items in the current folder.

Right now all sub-folders including sent items show up by default making it very long list for each email.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base