OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Compact view that shows more emails without scrolling when preview is on the right

The email summary on the left has a lot of visual noise and white space around email entries. As a user, I want to be able to scan my inbox, but with all the UI chrome I can only see 10-12 entries without scrolling. This is despite 'small' font selected.

Outlook should have a compact view (even when preview on the right is open) that allows 3-4x more emails without scrolling. The one line summary is nice ,but should be optional. the whitespace above and below the ruled line should be minimized and eliminated.

The compact layout should also adjust…

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. quote reply with > chevron indent (aka bottom-reply support)

In many forums (including standards and open source) bottom reply is preferred where the previous message is indented with chevrons (>). However Outlook for Mac forces top reply. This makes it incompatible with the community standards of the web.

Outlook should support an option (like it does for attribution at the top of the email) that enables quoted reply for html or text messages. Specifically, switching from html to text message should change the quoting from the blue bar to the chevrons automatically.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. All for the spawning of a new window with a right-click on the lower-left icon

Just like the Windows version, right-clicking on the mail, calendar, people, tasks, and notes icons in the lower-left corner should give the option to open in a new window. Current functionality requires File --> New --> Main Window and then navigating to the desired tool.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use native Apple Notifications on macOS

Please get rid of the pop ups notifications and switch to the native macOS style notifications.

354 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. resend

Ooops - did we lose the 'Resend' option for sent messages?

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Task sidebar with drag&drop support to block time to work on task

A task side bar in the calendar view with drag&drop support to block time to work on a task, like you can do it on outlook.com.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Separate My Calendars from People's Calendars

Please separate My Calendars from People's Calendars just like in Outlook for Web.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Distance between the folder names is to big

UI

The distance between the folder names at the left pane is too big and the font must be customizable

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. to have all emails synched not only a small subset.

Me as a user I want to have all my emails available in my client not only a small subset. Despite that I do want to have the option to synchronize down all items.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the ability to recall an email as is possible with Office for Windows client

When sending an incorrect email add the ability to recall that email from all recipients as is possible with Office for Windows client.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. By default in conversation list show only items in the current folder.

Right now all sub-folders including sent items show up by default making it very long list for each email.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Delete group messages

I should be able to delete messages that are in a group mailbox without having to go to the web client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I want a reply function that puts the sender in the To: field and everyone else in the CC: field

It would be such a time saver to have a reply to function that put the sender of the original message in the To: field and everyone else the message was sent to into the CC: field. This would be such a win and so easy to do.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. My Day Pref - Show/Hide Location row

It would be nice if this view could be changed by the user. For example at the moment mine shows the event time, the duration, the event name and the location. The location shows the address which takes up 4 lines of type. While this is nice to have and is neatly laid out, my prference would be to toggle the location off with a nearby button or dropdown with toggle choices, to have some choice as to what is displayed here. The trade-off benefit is having more calendar events displayed.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I suggest more care is taken to capture as-is settings

Just taken the new look Outlook for Mac; good show but did not carry over all my mailboxes; and rolled favourite folders back several weeks - frustrating.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. An account that used for sync - so I "login" to oulook so that preferences and accounts are synced across devices.

An account that used for sync - so I "login" to oulook so that preferences and accounts are synced across devices.

Identify which account is the "master"

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support tags

Outlook could use tagging. Multiple tags per email would be ideal, this would help with searching and having smart searches based on tags.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support for Online Archive policies

When using Online Archiving it would be useful to have access to the archive policies when right-clicking a folder or email.

In the 'old' Outlook for Mac client this feature was never supported but it is available in Outlook on the Web today.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base