OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Bring TouchBar Controls to the compact email composer

Loving the new compact view for composing emails but would love to have the TouchBar controls like in the bigger view.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Events as check tasks

Calendar Events function optionally a tasks with completion check marks and/or Completion percentages.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for email aliases

Would be great to have account support for email aliases per provider.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. auto hide/show sidebar

I would like to be able to auto-hide/show the sidebar with the folder tree by hovering the cursor over it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pin mails on the top

Just like on outlook.com it would be nice to be able to pin messages at the top of folders and sync whatever message you pin in outlook.com to also pin it on the app.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add some additional themes

Light and Dark mode are great but it would be nice to have some additional customization.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sidecar

The application will not fit when displayed using sidecar for iPad Pro.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow for the downloading of all attachments at once from calendar invites

currently have to download each attachment individually. Would be nice to have a download all option

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. im Dark Mode mantain top Bar with Colours!

im Dark Mode mantain top Bar with Colours! or option with change colour!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create Reminders From Outlook

Just like Apple Mail, it would be nice if the reminders created from Outlook through share function could have a link back to the Outlook message, just like it happens on native Mail app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Compose mail in main window should be an option in Preferences.

I know I can tap in open in new window, but having to press it everytime is tedious and prone to mistakes

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  21 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Now that new emails are created are inline please make a tab system so I can have multiple drafts open within the one outlook window.

Now that new emails are created are inline please make a tab system so I can have multiple drafts open within the one outlook window.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Use C to categorize emails - same as web access

In the latest outlook web access pressing "C" while on any email instantly brings up a dialog box to categorize that email. The dialog box is even smart enough that if you type any text of the category it truncates the list. To do this in the desktop app requires many clicks - very inefficient.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to Add Events in My Day

In the new My Day view if you could right click to add events and have the mini-event modal show up that would almost completely eliminate the need to go into the regular Calendar for some of your users.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Calendar layout wasteful

Calendar has a lot of whitespace around regions, making the core event presentation far more squished than it needs to be. In the left column I can view a month mini calendar and a list of calendars, but there seems to be very little sizing flexibility. If I view two months atop, the list at the bottom becomes almost useless. The window title bar is now over crowded with controls and search box--finding a place to grab and relocate it or make it foreground with the mouse is no longer a simple task. There is no simple go to date…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. CLean conversation

Clean conversation feature would be great like on Outlook for Windows to reduce Archive space

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. respect the OS settings for double clicking an application windows title bar

Not so much an idea, as much as it is an expected behavior - but in my OS settings (Settings>Dock), I have selected the option to "minimize" an application window when the title bar is double clicked. macOS default behavior is to expand the application window, but I have set it to minimize.

I would like Outlook to use the system preferences that I have set.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base