OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Public folders Tool and view needs to come back

Literally can't even use the new Outlook now since we rely on this

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to remove "Top Results" from search....

So far hasn't done anything useful to my search results, and is just extra clutter

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keep selected inbox view

I never work in the "all mail" view in Inbox, but mostly the "unread" or "flaged". Everytime I move "in and out" of the inbox, the view is reset and I have to select the view again. Please make sure the "setting" for the view is keept.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Accidentally deleting mails when selecting to read

When 'Reading Pane' is selected as below, 'Delete', 'Archive', 'Flag' buttons are too close to the mail, which leads to accidentally deleting mail when clicking to read. Provide an option for the user to change the position of these attributes or move them to the far left of the mailbox

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Conditional formattting support

Please provide conditional formatting support just like Windows version. Would like to mark incoming mails with colors based on categories/rules

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Conversation view - change in behavior

In conversation view, when there are multiple unread mails, when tried to view, it goes by default to the latest one. Earlier it used to go to the first unread mail in that conversation

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Touch Bar controls in Calendar

Currently, the Touch Bar controls in Calendar allow you to switch between the Day, Work Week, Week and Month views. It would be very useful to also have a way to navigate between periods (like the arrows that are to the left of the day/week/month above the calendar) in the Touch Bar.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show more all day events on a day

We have a shared Mailbox where we use the calendar to show when people on a team are off (Members of the team put an all day calendar entry on a day where they work from home, are sick or are off) . If I’m using a Windows machine I have the ability to scroll through the all day events in Outlook. But on Outlook for Mac I can only see a maximum 15 all day entries - there is no option to scroll any more (attachment_2). On the shared calendar there are 18 all-day events listed but only 15…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include a Tasks pane or Tab, similar to the Windows version of Outlook.

I sorely miss the Tasks pane from the Windows version of Outlook. This was such a messy, but useful feature that helped me organize projects and keep track of important emails. I would love to have this feature back on the Mac version. Having to switch between a Tasks tab (like Calendar) is not the same and less useful as I fall into the Out of Sight, Out of Mind trap.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Voting buttons

Add support for voting buttons.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Folder pane forgets width setting

In the mail view the folders on left does not remember the width setting and needs constant resizing to see the folders

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automate My Day View

Love the new MyDay but would be even better if in Day View an empty day auto closed the panel and visa-versa.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix replies from search lists

When search results appear, if you right click and reply or reply all, the new message pane does not pop open or over, but the draft gets created and added to your drafts folder. Each time you try to click reply, it adds a new draft. So impossible to reply to a message that you have searched for.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Send Availability

The "Send Availablity" feature is iOS is one of the most useful features I've ever used. I actually switch away from a desktop interface to the mobile version of Outlook just to use that feature. It is that great! It would be AWESOME if the Outlook for Mac team could bring that feature to the Mac Desktop client.

Encouragement... 🤛🏼

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unread Emails Filter Button in Toolbar

I am loving the new look of Outlook for Mac. I think it's a long-overdue overhaul to the interface. The team has done a great job and I'm getting used to the new interface. One small ask for the development team...

Please add a button/option to the toolbar (along with reply, reply all, forward, forward as attachment... etc.) that will allow email to be filtered to Unread Emails only. That would be a huge help. I LOVE that feature in Outlook for iOS.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show archived emails in conversation

Archived emails do not show up in the conversation.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Open in edit when you double click events

I suggest that you open all events, meetings bookings in edit (less clicks) mode when you x2 click it

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export email as pdf: filename should automatically be subject-title of that email

Automatically name an email which is printed as pdf-file as the subject title of that email

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base