OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for G-Suite accounts

Ful support for G-Suite accounts including resources (e.g. meeting rooms) when making appointments in the calendar.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. approval assistant support

Would like to be able to accept or deny approval emails for DL emails as I can in the browser or the Windows client. Most annoying as I need both the browser and Mac client open.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. With the reading pane on the right, allow additional columns in the message list

This was lacking in the original Outlook for mac, but still think it needs to be done. I like placing the reading pane on the right. With the message list, I'd like to see the option of adding additional columns to quickly sort by. This is one of the features I use so heavily that I still find myself using Windows-based Outlook on mac.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to View Messages a Straight List

Instead of breaking them by Today, Yesterday, Last Week etc, I would like to be able to them as a list with a proper Date column

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. more formatting options on compose

The web client has the ability to style text as a quote, while the Windows client has the ability to add standard styles (Heading 1, Heading 2, etc.) which is similar to Windows/OSX version of Word.

It would be great to gain more style formatting options in this new Outlook for Mac.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More flag colors

I use flags not just for follow ups but to help categorize items. More colors would be helpful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Let me hide the Delete button when hovering on messages

To prevent accidental message deletions, allow me to remove the Delete button that appears when hovering on messages in Inbox.

Ideally, I could customize which buttons appear when hovering using a dialog similar to the toolbar customization dialog.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Acction buttons (Delete, archive and Flag) should be permanetly visible.

When the mouse pointer hovers over a message header, action buttons (Delete, Archive and Flag) appear, making it very easy to click on these buttons by mistake while trying to select a message to read.
    I believe the buttons are helpful, but it would be better if they were always visible and I would suggest either the far left or far right of the headers to place them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. favourite folder bar next to the toolbar

favourite folder bar next to the toolbar

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow editing calendar invites without sending

In Outlook on Windows I can edit a calendar invite after receiving it or having the meeting, but cannot do this in Outlook on Mac.

I use my calendar to record my time as actually used. So two scenrios supported on Outlook for Windows are not in Outlook for Mac:
    1. I receive an invite, and the meeting went longer than scheduled. I would like to adjust the meeting at a later point to reflect the additional time, but cannot do that without sending a response to the person who created the invite. I do not want to do that,…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Move the Flag icon slightly to the left.

When viewing the Flagged email list, scrolling causes the scroll bar to appear and overlap the Flag icon making it easy to inadvertently click the scroll bar (causing you to scroll half way down the list) when you meant to Flag or Unflag an email.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mini view

Be able to reduce the whole window to a single pane view listing last 5 emails, next 3 calendar appointments, and month calendar view. Kind of like the right calendar strip with minimized emails at the top

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Attachments-permissions

Attachments, when saved to common user-facing folders (Downloads, Desktop, etc.), should have their permissions set to read and write (similar to current stable version of Outlook and most other email clients). Currently in "New" Outlook, when attachments are saved, saved, they have read-only permissions.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dual monitor support for Email Address dropdown

When I'm using more than one monitor and authoring a new email on the second monitor, the dropdown menu for quickly adding recently used email addresses (in the "To:" field) needs to display on the second monitor, as opposed to the primary monitor.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Need more customization of column widths

Right now all the panes are quite large. Right now I pretty much have to use Outlook full screen if I want to get the folder list, message list, message body, and My Day all on the screen without having to do a ton of scrolling left and right on the message. Not sure if this should be fixed with the ability to change the font size in the folder list, auto-resize the calendar widget as we shrink the column size, a combination of those, something.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make delete confirmation from Junk folder optional

I would like to turn off confirmation when deleting from Junk folder. There does not seem to be a setting for it.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Junk Email Reading Pane

Option to make it permanent. Why does it go away?
    It's a pain to have to enable this every time I want to look at junk messages. Should behave as the other folders.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Next free slot

It would be interesting when creating an appointment with participants to have the next common free slot as a suggestion

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base