OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Please provide a preference to disable inline replies

Now that there is in-line replies to emails, I'm constantly finding it hard to find windows with partial interrupted replies. I understand it's in Drafts, but when working with email all day it's nice to have a window that indicates this task is still open and needs attention. The inline reply is great if you're not interrupted; I find it a workflow filler when you are.

Please provide a user preference to open replies/forwards in a window instead of inline.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The latest update has corrupted the reply box

Starting 24 Mar 2020, when I try to reply to an email, the reply box, which should show up in the middle pane, is now crowded into the bottom of that pane, only showing the header. If I click away, then click back on the draft listed in the inbox menu, the reply displays correctly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix attachment properties

Every time I download or drop an attachment to my Mac, I have to enter my password to be able to copy it off to the server. Please fix the permissions to attachments so I don't have to do this every single time I move a file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be able to sort emails by Category

I normally sort my folders by category, and the new outlook has no accommodation for this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pinch to zoom feature for Outlook

I am reading email on my laptop with the use of trackpad. I would like to have similar kind of experience that is available in edge.

I would like to have a pinch to zoom in and zoom out feature in outlook Mac and Windows platform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Manage availability for meeting based on location

We have sites on a few different locations both in the country and around the world + we have the possibility to work from home. plus when i'm in our main campus the walking distance from one end to the other end is more than 40 min, so the building is also important.

I would like my colleagues to know when then can book me for a face-2-face meeting in different buildings/sites/campuses. what I do today is to put whole day meetings with time as free that can be read by everyone with the title of the sites where i…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. show my reply

When opening an email that the user has replied to; I'd like the option to click "show your reply" to go to what i sent to the sender of the email.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Preserve which email thread is selected when switching to calendar and back

When you press Command-2 to see your calendar and Command-1 to go back to email, the currently selected thread is lost, and you have to find it again in the inbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fully display email body

With old Outlook and new Outlook I have a persistent issue where emails do not fully render. This happens in the preview pane and in standalone windows. Resizing the window usually causes the email to fully display.

In the failing case, the top portion of the email renders and the lower portion is empty white space that I can scroll through. Usually it's the top 25% or so that renders successfully.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the option to attach file "as text"

On Windows, you can "Attach as text," which essentially allows you to send an HTML document as the body of the email, as opposed to a downloadable attachment. This feature's absence from Outlook for Mac is disappointing, especially seeing as you finally added the customizable ribbon/toolbar in Insider New, only to not give it the same options that are readily available in Windows.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. name sort by typing on message view

in the older version, when we are sorting the mail / message list by name, we can type the name of the person and go to that senders mails.
    In the "new outlook" when sorting it by name, we have to scroll like crazy to go to any senders name. I thought it was the basic mail sorting functionality. Had given the same feedback when I switched back to the older version a couple of months back, but seems like it's still not fixed.
    Step motherly treatment for Mac perhspa?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. auto categorize new emails in a thread according to assigned category of old emails in that thread

I have a thread running with several emails and I have assigned a category to existing emails in that thread. After assigning the category, if I receive any new emails in the same thread, those emails should be auto assigned to the existing category. This is a simple intelligence that can be added into the product to improve productivity of users.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. allowing search of all folders

In prior version of Outlook, we could specific that all mail would be searched. This would expand the search outside the current mailbox and would search items stored locally

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the option to send an email and file it in a folde

When sending an email, pop-up a dialog asking me in which folder to file it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Reply and Delete button in the ribbon

Add the Reply and Delete, or Reply all and delete or Reply with attachments in mail threads

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create Macros please

Please create macros as is windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add the Like button and indicator that OWA has

My team often uses the 'Like' feature in OWA to signal that we've read a message, and New Outlook doesn't have this. It would be very helpful to have.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support line breaks when populating a message with a mailto: link

I often use mailto: links to create messages with pre-populated content, and New Outlook seems to ignore the (fairly standard) "%0D%0A" sequence to represent line breaks. All the text in my mailto: link message body just comes in as one long line. The previous version of Outlook seemed to handle this correctly, adding a line break for each "%0D%0A" pair.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add support for text replacements on macOS

macOS allows the user to specify short strings of text that the system replaces with longer pre-specified text (like in TextExpander). I often need to use various replacements to populate a new message with a text template that I then fill in. New Outlook seems to not support this, and it would be very helpful to have.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sync limit

The new Outlook client seems to be limited to syncing six months of email. I can't find the sync limit anywhere. I keep switching between the two Outlook clients depending what I am searching for.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories