OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Unify the look of the sidebar on Mac and iOS.

Pls apply the same design on the mac app's sidebar as it's already seen on the iOS and iPad OS app versions.
    But it's already designed and shared with the public around 2 years ago:
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/16/16481190/microsoft-outlook-windows-mac-redesign-features

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep selected inbox view

I never work in the "all mail" view in Inbox, but mostly the "unread" or "flaged". Everytime I move "in and out" of the inbox, the view is reset and I have to select the view again. Please make sure the "setting" for the view is keept.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Touch Bar controls in Calendar

Currently, the Touch Bar controls in Calendar allow you to switch between the Day, Work Week, Week and Month views. It would be very useful to also have a way to navigate between periods (like the arrows that are to the left of the day/week/month above the calendar) in the Touch Bar.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include a Tasks pane or Tab, similar to the Windows version of Outlook.

I sorely miss the Tasks pane from the Windows version of Outlook. This was such a messy, but useful feature that helped me organize projects and keep track of important emails. I would love to have this feature back on the Mac version. Having to switch between a Tasks tab (like Calendar) is not the same and less useful as I fall into the Out of Sight, Out of Mind trap.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show archived emails in conversation

Archived emails do not show up in the conversation.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bring TouchBar Controls to the compact email composer

Loving the new compact view for composing emails but would love to have the TouchBar controls like in the bigger view.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Events as check tasks

Calendar Events function optionally a tasks with completion check marks and/or Completion percentages.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. auto hide/show sidebar

I would like to be able to auto-hide/show the sidebar with the folder tree by hovering the cursor over it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make "view with a dark/light background" follow the App/OS theme

In the New Outlook mode, 16.33 (19120401), on macOS Catalina, 10.15.2 Beta (19C56a), the option to view email with a light or dark background is great, but it would be awesome if it followed the App/OS theme.

For example, when the OS theme is dark, and Outlook is not set to always show light mode, it should automatically apply the "view with a dark background" setting, and allow the user to select "view with a light background" if they choose.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show and browse declined events

It would be so convenient to allow visibility of or browse declined or old email invites.

As a user, it gives me the ability look back to what I had done previously. I can get access to related attachments, list of attendees, details in the meeting invite, and change my invite status if I become available.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow me to resize My Day to be narrower (meaning smaller/no margins)

My Day is useful but takes up too much space away from the reading pane and message list. Please allow me to resize My Day so that its left and right margins are tiny or non-existent. Currently the mandatory large margins take up about 4% of the total horizontal real estate of Outlook, and 22% of My Day. Instead of paying a 4% real estate tax on empty space, I'd prefer to make my reading pane 7%-10% wider which would mean less scrolling and improved productivity.

It's OK if the default margins are big like today, but if I opt…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make new outlook experience available to non-365 users

Some of us use Office 2019 provided by our employers, but are not currently on Office 365. Would like to be able to test new features and provide feedback.. even with Fast Insider channel, the updates for the new experience are not available.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Move the Flag icon slightly to the left.

When viewing the Flagged email list, scrolling causes the scroll bar to appear and overlap the Flag icon making it easy to inadvertently click the scroll bar (causing you to scroll half way down the list) when you meant to Flag or Unflag an email.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Attachments-permissions

Attachments, when saved to common user-facing folders (Downloads, Desktop, etc.), should have their permissions set to read and write (similar to current stable version of Outlook and most other email clients). Currently in "New" Outlook, when attachments are saved, saved, they have read-only permissions.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dual monitor support for Email Address dropdown

When I'm using more than one monitor and authoring a new email on the second monitor, the dropdown menu for quickly adding recently used email addresses (in the "To:" field) needs to display on the second monitor, as opposed to the primary monitor.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Accidentally deleting mails when selecting to read

When 'Reading Pane' is selected as below, 'Delete', 'Archive', 'Flag' buttons are too close to the mail, which leads to accidentally deleting mail when clicking to read. Provide an option for the user to change the position of these attributes or move them to the far left of the mailbox

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show more all day events on a day

We have a shared Mailbox where we use the calendar to show when people on a team are off (Members of the team put an all day calendar entry on a day where they work from home, are sick or are off) . If I’m using a Windows machine I have the ability to scroll through the all day events in Outlook. But on Outlook for Mac I can only see a maximum 15 all day entries - there is no option to scroll any more (attachment_2). On the shared calendar there are 18 all-day events listed but only 15…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automate My Day View

Love the new MyDay but would be even better if in Day View an empty day auto closed the panel and visa-versa.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base